Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lethal Weapon 5?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lethal Weapon 5?  (Read 6946 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:51 AM »

I do love the Lethal Weapon series, but you have to wonder, is there any creativity left in the world? Sequels to movies, remixes of old songs, same fucking video games...noone's willing to take a chance anymore.

Movies based on comic book characters, movies based on books... the list goes on. When was the last time you saw a great movie with an original screenplay?

I just heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long". The fucker ripped off the music and melody from Warren Zevon's "Werewolves Of London"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »

I do love the Lethal Weapon series, but you have to wonder, is there any creativity left in the world? Sequels to movies, remixes of old songs, same fucking video games...noone's willing to take a chance anymore.

Movies based on comic book characters, movies based on books... the list goes on. When was the last time you saw a great movie with an original screenplay?

I just heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long". The fucker ripped off the music and melody from Warren Zevon's "Werewolves Of London"

it's more a sample of that song and sweet home alabama then it's a rip-off.. btw GNR have done some ripoffs too then, they aint exactly talentless are they?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »

kid rock had one good album, Devil without a cuase. now its like dude go away

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

it's more a sample of that song and sweet home alabama then it's a rip-off.. btw GNR have done some ripoffs too then, they aint exactly talentless are they?
Name one smart ass?!
Covers don't count.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »

Name one smart ass?!
Covers don't count.

hmm naming a smartass? i'd say you're a smartass sometimes... or just a jackass maybe.. or a regular ass, wichever you'd like..  hihi

the riff in you're crazy is pretty much the same as the riff in cold sweat by thin lizzy,
namecalling is pretty cool Roll Eyes
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 01:02:13 AM »

Name one smart ass?!
Covers don't count.

hmm naming a smartass? i'd say you're a smartass sometimes... or just a jackass maybe.. or a regular ass, wichever you'd like..  hihi

the riff in you're crazy is pretty much the same as the riff in cold sweat by thin lizzy,

not the same thing. I got no problem with bands having similar sounding riff, but making it into a original song, cause chances are they didnt get the riff from there anyway. But if someone deliberately lifts a sample and puts it in their song and publicizes that, then thats just gay.

To be on topic, I'm not really bother about LW5, but if it happens, I'll prolly go and see it.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:03 AM »

Name one smart ass?!
Covers don't count.

not the same thing. I got no problem with bands having similar sounding riff, but making it into a original song, cause chances are they didnt get the riff from there anyway. But if someone deliberately lifts a sample and puts it in their song and publicizes that, then thats just gay.

kid rock aint exactly making it like he has written all the music in all summer long, he's paying tribute and mixing it together to a new succesful song, i guess some people find that gay since they don't like him
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: