Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Help with audio (digicam recordings)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with audio (digicam recordings)  (Read 1239 times)
yioryos
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 21, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »

Dear technical gurus,

So i was at the baltimore gig and recorded a bunch of songs Id like to share with my digital camera. However, the audio is pretty bad because the microphone maxes out due to the loudness of the drums. You hear a thundering noise whenever the bass drum is hit (which kinda drones out the rest). Does anyone have any tips of how that can be fixed? Ive tried lowering the bass frequenices using Adobe Audition and Nero, but it still sounds kinda crap.

Also I dont get how some people can record decent audio with their mobile phones (which dont max out) and I supposedly have good digital camera (Canon) and my mics max out. If anyone can help me out.....Id greatly appreciate.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 11:47:03 AM »

I don't know if this'll help you, but the other night in Ottawa I recorded small 15 second video clips from the show (15 secs is the max on my phone)..  All of them had crappy video, some of them had really bad audio, but suprisingly some sound decent and you can clearly make out whats going on. In my case it may have been hand placement while holding it up (ie. using the hand as a muffler of sorts to stop distortion).

Aside from that I'd like to know too.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
yioryos
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »

Yeah you see thats what I found weird. Cos i know some guy who filmed clips with his mobile phone at the same gig and the audio is much better than what i did with my canon digital camera. I was surprised that the microphone on a mobile phone didnt max out but mine did.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: