Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Mot?rhead
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mot?rhead  (Read 30141 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: May 27, 2004, 04:36:55 AM »

The Mot?rhead legend roars on in 2004 with the release of the new studio album Inferno on June 22 on Metal-Is Records, a division of the Sanctuary Records Group. It's the first album of new, skin-peeling material from vocalist/bassist Lemmy, guitarist Philip Campbell and drummer Mikkey Dee since 2002's Hammered and it's the first Mot?rhead release since last year's critically acclaimed, five-disc, career-spanning box set Stone Deaf Forever!

Guitar legend Steve Vai makes a guest appearance on two tracks.

Inferno is an appropriate title for Mot?rhead's latest skull-grinding, internal-organ-liquefying album. The 12 tracks are: "Terminal Show," "Killers," "In the Name of Tragedy," "Suicide," "Life's a Bitch," "Down on Me," "In the Black," "Fight," "In the Year of the Wolf," "Keys to the Kingdom," "Smiling Like a Killer" and "Whorehouse Blues."

"This album is real musicians playing real music. There were no rules," Lemmy says.

It's not easy for the hard-living, fun-loving rock icon to pick out favorites on Inferno. Every song is special and important.

"Music is very personal. It's just like sex in that way," says Lemmy.

Vai's blazing guitar performances on "Terminal Show" and "Down on Me" were the result of a casual social encounter with Lemmy at the famous Rainbow Bar & Grill in Hollywood.

"I was going in and he was coming out and we ran into each other. I told him we were recording and invited him down to sit in. He took me up on the offer," Lemmy says.

Mot?rhead has a distinctive musical style -- nobody grinds out a furious rock 'n' roll hybrid of heavy metal and punk like this band. But Lemmy always has a few tricks up his sleeve, and Mot?rhead albums tend to have a song or two that veer away from their trademark sound. On Inferno the honor belongs to the slinky "Whorehouse Blues," appropriately drenched in bluesy acoustic guitar and harmonica.

"I like to surprise people," says Lemmy.

Mot?rhead's colorful history is well known. Lemmy -- born Ian Kilmister -- was a former roadie for Jimi Hendrix and eventually joined the space-rock band Hawkwind. Lemmy wrote and sang Hawkwind's big 1972 U.K. hit "Silver Machine." Upon exiting Hawkwind after four years, he formed Mot?rhead in 1975, naming the group after the last song he wrote for Hawkwind. Mot?rhead's aggressive, uncompromising, balls-out musical style (and personal lifestyle philosophy) shook the music world. Let's be blunt here: Mot?rhead invented speed metal. But the great thing about Mot?rhead is that they appealed to both punks and head-banging metalheads.

"We sounded like punk but looked like metal. I always felt we were more punk than metal anyway. I call it rock 'n' roll, but if I had to go down one side or the other I'd say we had more in common with punk than we have in common with heavy metal. We came out at the same time as the punks," Lemmy says.

The band's self-titled official debut album was released in 1977. Mot?rhead quickly built a rabid following through killer live shows and albums that we able to translate that power. 1981's legendary live album No Sleep 'til Hammersmith rocketed to # 1 on the U.K. album charts. Another notable album in Mot?rhead's canon is 1991's critically acclaimed, Grammy-nominated 1916, which was nominated for Best Metal Performance. Mot?rhead earned a second Grammy nomination in 2000 for Best Metal Performance with a tribute to Metallica's "Enter Sandman" on the ECW: Extreme Music album.

As a live act, Mot?rhead is untouchable. Few scenes in heavy metal match Lemmy on stage -- standing his ground, head tilted slightly upward as he growls ferociously into his microphone and unleashes thunder from his Rickenbacker. Campbell's screaming sonic overload guitar completes the roaring string section, while Dee, surely one of the most inventive and brutal drummers you ever heard, drives along like a locomotive. Live, and on CD and on video, there is no one like them.

Mot?rhead will promote Inferno with yet another world tour this year. Ashes and rubble will be left in Lemmy, Cambell and Dee's wake.

Inferno is an enhanced CD. The enhancement will allow fans to sign up for Motorhead Internet service at www.motorheadrules.com.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 08:21:23 AM »

Looking forward to the album, and tour in November.

Motorhead fucking rule!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 06:11:26 PM »

I've only just got round to listening to this album.  I had actually forgotten all about it but when i picked up Classic Rock the other week Inferno was No.7 in the albums of the year and knowing how good Lemmy is i've finally checked it out and it's amazing just because they get zero airplay and don't have new video's on Kerrang doesn't mean they aren't relevant or that the music is great this is maybe their best stuff after all these years they still have it and like Classic Rock said the track Killers is 100% proof that they can still make an extremely intense and vital album.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 07:02:20 PM »

Great. This is gonna kick ass.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 07:12:34 AM »

Now I know that acoustic song they played when I was there is called 'Whorehuse Blues'!!  My mate didn't like it, but I thought it was cool.  Nice little breather for the fans and band between all the mental stuff.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 12:04:10 PM »

Dug up this thread to give yas some news

MOT?RHEAD will be issuing a 30th anniversary DVD, entitled "Stage Fright", on July 4 via SPV Records. The two-disc set will feature the band's December 7, 2004 concert in D?sseldorf, Germany on one disc and a documentary feature on the second disc.

The D?sseldorf show was shot with 23 high-definition cameras under the direction of Sven Offen (PAPA ROACH, HEATHER NOVA). Gert Hof, famous not only for his work with RAMMSTEIN, was enlisted to take care of the show's light design. The set features 20 songs from the entire MOT?RHEAD history, including "Overkill", "Ace of Spades" and "Iron Fist". As a special bonus, there is an interactive DVD check with MOT?RHEAD, with the three musicians contributing lots of interesting comments about the DVD.

"Stage Fright" track listing:

01. Dr. Rock
02. Stay Clean
03. Shoot You In The Back
04. Love Me Like A Reptile
05. Killers
06. Metropolis
07. Over The Top
08. No Class
09. I Got Mine
10. In The Name Of Tragedy
11. Dancing On Your Grave
12. R.A.M.O.N.E.S.
13. Sacrifice
14. Just 'Cos You Got The Power
15. Going To Brazil
16. Killed By Death
17. Iron Fist
18. Whorehouse Blues
19. Ace Of Spades
20. Overkill

Disc Two includes interviews with band mastermind Lemmy, guitarist Phil Campbell and drummer Mikkey Dee, as well as the road crew, who talk about life on tour. Viewers get a rare chance to watch the roadies doing their work, listen in to the soundcheck, meet the band's cook and accompany their entourage on the road. There is also an L.A. special, fans' comments and other special features. The icing on the cake is the DVD-ROM part with the "Life's A Bitch" realtone for your mobile, MOT?RHEAD wallpaper for your PC and mobile, photos from the WrestleMania show in Los Angeles, and an extensive discography. All in all, "Stage Fright" offers over four hours of playing time and comes in DTS 96/24, Dolby digital 5.1 and AC3 stereo sound. It also features subtitles in the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.

In conjunction with the DVD's release, MOT?RHEAD are due to embark on an extensive European tour and are scheduled to shoot their "Whorehouse Blues" video clip at a strip club in London. The 30th anniversary show will take place at the Hammersmith Odeon on June 16, with SAXON and GIRLSCHOOL also appearing on the bill.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 02:48:54 PM »

Whorehouse Blues is an awesome song.  Last time I saw them live they played it and it was so cool.  Lemmy was playin' a harmonica!  It was kinda weird cause its the only time I've ever seen him not play bass during a song, but still very cool.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

MOTORHEAD 30th ANNIVERSARY TOUR
May 28/05   Mexico   Monterrey Metal Fest

Europe
Jun 9/05   Sweden   Sweden Rock
Jun 12/05   Donnington, UK   Download Festival
Jun 16/05   London, England   Hammersmith Apollo 30th Ann Show
Jun 17/05   Berlin, Germany   Festival
Jun 18/05   Nijmegen, Holland   Goffertpark Fields of Rock
Jun 24/05   Stuttgart, Germany   Bang Your Head
Jun 25/05   Oberhausen, Germany   Area 4 Festival
Jun 26/05   France   Fury Fest
Jul 3/05   Germany   Full Force
Jul 9/05   Zottegem, Belgium   Rock Zottegem
Jul 10/05   Denmark, Copenhagen   Giants of Rock
Jul 12/05   Turin, Italy   Chico Mendes Park
Jul 13/05   Brescia, Italy   Duomo Square
Jul 14/05   Arezzo, Italy   Arezzo Wave Festival
Jul 15/05   Venice, Italy   Venice Rock Festival
Jul 17/05   Wiesen, Austria   Forestglade

Oct 7/05   Gothenburg, Sweden   Scandinavium
Oct 8/05   Stockholm, Sweden   Hovet
Oct 10/05   Helsinki, Finland   Cable Hall
Oct 11/05   Tampere, Finland   Icehall
Oct 13/05   Oslo, Norway   Spektrum
Oct 14/05   Stavanger, Norway   Tennis Hallen
Oct 16/05   Hamburg, Germany   CCH 3
Oct 17/05   Herford, Germany   X
Oct 18/05   Wiesbaden, Germany   Schlachthof
Oct 20/05   Berlin, Germany   Columbiahalle
Oct 21/05   Leipzig, Germany   Haus Auensee
Oct 22/05   Stuttgart, Germany   Messe Congress B
Oct 24/05   Munich, Germany   Zenith
Oct 25/05   Koln, Germany   Palladium
Oct 27/05   Brussels, Belgium   Ancienne Belgique
Oct 28/05   Tilburg, Holland   O13
Oct 30/05   Bristol, UK   Colston Hall
Oct 31/05   Ipswich, UK   Regent Hall
Nov 1/05   Nottingham, UK   Rock City
Nov 3/05   Cardiff, Wales   University
Nov 4/05   Sheffield, UK   City Hall
Nov 5/05   Manchester, UK   Apollo
Nov 7/05   Glasgow, Scotland   Academy
Nov 8/05   Liverpool, UK   University
Nov 10/05   Birmingham, UK   Academy
Nov 11/05   Newcastle, UK   City Hall
Nov 12/05   Bradford, UK   St. Georges Hall
Nov 14/05   Leicester, UK   De Montfort Hall
Nov 15/05   Oxford, UK   New Theatre
Nov 16/05   Norwich, UK   UEA
Nov 18/05   Folkestone, UK   Leas Cliff Hall
Nov 19/05   London, UK   Brixton Academy
Nov 20/05   Cambridge, UK   Corn Exchange
Nov 22/05   Plymouth, UK   Pavilions
Nov 23/05   Southampton, UK   Guildhall

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

w/MOTLEY CRUE
Dec 3/05   Sydney, Australia   Entertainment Centre
Dec 4/05   Brisbane, Australia   Entertainment Centre
Dec 6/05   Melbourne, Australia   Vodafone Arena
Dec 8/05   Adelaide, Australia   Entertainment Centre
Dec 10/05   Perth, Australia   Bindoon Outdoor Festival

sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »

motorhead is by far the loudest concert i've ever seen. by far.

and lemmy is like 60 years old and they still play for close to 2 hours. great show.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 09:48:44 AM »

To commemorate MOT?RHEAD's 30th anniversary show, which is scheduled to take place June 16 at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, U.K., Sanctuary have consulted with Lemmy to release the legendary 1979 "Bomber" album in all its glory... plus a few extra tracks!

The two-CD "Bomber: Deluxe Edition" will be released on June 16 on Sanctuary Records.

Standing as a landmark within the speed-metal pantheon, the album is held in high esteem by MOT?RHEAD fans and reached number 12 in the charts on its release, while the title track also landed them a Top 40 hit.

MOT?RHEAD's accompanying live shows replicated the iconic front cover with the lighting rig constructed in the shape of a WWII Heinkel III bomber which "flew" above the heads of the fans in venues up and down the country.

To celebrate their 30th anniversary, the bomber awaits clearance to take flight once more as MOT?RHEAD prepare to take to the stage for a one-off 30th anniversary show at Hammersmith Apollo.

This remastered edition of the album includes a second disc of live versions and rare tracks, encapsulating for the first time MOT?RHEAD's recordings from this period.

"Bomber: Deluxe Edition" track listing:

Disc 1:

01. Dead Men Tell No Tales
02. Lawman
03. Sweet Revenge
04. Sharpshooter
05. Poison
06. Stone Dead Forever
07. All The Aces
08. Step Down
09. Talking Head
10. Bomber

Disc 2:

01. Over the Top (B-side)
02. Stone Dead Forever (alternate version)
03. Sharpshooter (alternate version)
04. Bomber (alternate version)
05. Step Down (alternate version)
06. Leaving Here (live ? "Golden Years" EP)
07. Stone Dead Forever (live ? "Golden Years" EP)
08. Dead Men Tell No Tales (live ? "Golden Years" EP)
09. Too Late Too Late (live ? "Golden Years" EP)
10. Step Down (live)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 06:07:27 PM »

Canadian music channel MuchMoreMusic will air a MOT?RHEAD special, dubbed "We're With The Band: Mot?rhead" on Friday, July 15 at 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. EST. The program will repeat on July 16 at 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. EST. A description of the program on the channel's web site reads as follows: "As 'the world's loudest band' tours Canada, MMM's Bill Welychka joins MOT?RHEAD on the road to help celebrate the band's 30th anniversary. They are one of the most influential metal bands of all time, and we get to witness why...with full access to the band off-stage and on. Contains new exclusive interviews and performance footage from Toronto and Montreal."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 08:30:40 PM »

MOT?RHEAD's official web site has been updated with the following message:

MOT?RHEAD have been forced to cancel a few of their European summer festivals and reschedule others after founder and frontman Lemmy Kilmister was diagnosed by doctors this week as suffering from extreme dehydration leading to exhaustion and was ordered to take time off and rest immediately.

"When you're dealing with a warhorse like Lemmy it's not easy to discuss typical normal healthy things such as a balanced diet and proper fluid intake," said manager Todd Singerman. "Look, one time when I spoke to him about the importance of vegetables in a diet, he looked me straight in the eye and said, 'What are you talking about Todd?! These crisps here are part of the vegetable food group!' So imagine telling him he needs to drink more water because it's a crazy hot summer in Europe! Although in fairness to Lemm he did start making an effort by adding extra ice-cubes to his Jack and coke."

Drummer Mikkey Dee spoke of the 100-plus degree heat at recent gigs, and commented, "I'm having to drink 8 bottles of Gatorade as well as water just to get through these shows, I mean, I'm close to passing out, and there's Lemm sweating his ass off drinking his Jack and coke! I told him after our last number at the Fury Fest in France, 'Let's not go back out for an encore' and that we should call it a night because really, I thought I was going to collapse. They were telling us that it was over 130 degrees on stage, but he insisted on doing the final two encores. We managed to get through 'Ace of Spades' so I said 'Come on, Lemm, we did an encore, let's just skip the last one, 'Overkill', and he said, 'No, Mikkey, we're doing 'Overkill', but maybe we can just play it a little slower."

Commenting on rumors that Lemmy's health is in a more serious state than diagnosed, Singerman laughed, "Come on, you couldn't make this story up! The simple truth is that Lemmy's the classic rock'n'roll juggernaut who has proudly defied human logic for decades, but even juggernauts need a bit of maintenance once in a while."

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 08:45:22 PM »

It would not surprise me if it was more serious, i hope it isn't and hopes he's better soon, they rocked when i saw them in June and i want to see them again.  Fact is the guy ain't gonna change or at least not much so let's just hope he's a lucky guy ok
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 09:28:24 PM »

I hope Lemmy is ok, I'm really looking forward to seeing Motorhead (even more so than Motley Crue) when they tour here with the Crue in December.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 08:53:29 AM »

Lemmy Kilmister, the notorious bass player and vocalist of Grammy-winning U.K. rock 'n' roll titans MOT?RHEAD, will be honored with the very first "Living Legend" award at this year's inaugural Classic Rock Roll of Honor, organized by Classic Rock magazine. Taking place on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 at London's Caf? De Paris, the Classic Rock Roll of Honor will celebrate the big names as well as the unsung heroes from the diverse world of rock 'n' roll and promises to take a fresh approach to the tired award ceremony format.

To coincide with the 30th Anniversary of MOT?RHEAD, the U.K.'s most revered rock 'n' roll outfit as well as, unbelievably, Lemmy's 60th birthday celebrations, the Classic Rock Roll of Honor will place a special emphasis on the often diluted "Lifetime Achievement" award category.

Rather than simply giving Lemmy the "Living Legend" award on the night, the Classic Rock Roll of Honor will dedicate an entire section of the evening's proceedings to pay homage to the remarkable achievements of one of the U.K.'s best-loved rock 'n' roll stars. The team behind Classic Rock magazine and the Classic Rock Roll of Honor have assembled a moving tribute package that comprises of testimonials and greetings to Lemmy from a raft of peers and young bands and musicians inspired by the star, as well as messages from fans of all ages. It is hoped that Lemmy and the rest of MOT?RHEAD will complete the evening with a brief acoustic set. This however, has not been confirmed by the band at this stage.

In addition to Lemmy's "Living Legend" award, there will be a further eight awards on the night, which will be announced soon. Classic Rock magazine are also proud to announce the categories and nominations for the very first Readers' Awards, which are voted for by the readers via text message ballot:

* "Album of the Year" nominees (awarded to the best new album released between August 2004 and August 2005):

01. ROBERT PLANT AND THE STRANGE SENSATION ? Mighty Rearranger (Sanctuary)
02. AUDIOSLAVE ? Out Of Exile (Interscope)
03. PORCUPINE TREE ? Deadwing (Lava/Warner)
04. FOO FIGHTERS ? In Your Honour (Sony BMG)
05. ALTER BRIDGE ? One Day Remains (Sony BMG)

To vote for "Album of the Year", text CLR ALBUM followed by a space and the number of your choice (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) to 84070

* "Band of the Year" nominees (awarded to the most exciting rock band if the year):

01. AUDIOSLAVE
02. JUDAS PRIEST
03. QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS
04. VELVET REVOLVER
05. DREAM THEATER

To vote for the "Band of the Year", text CLR BAND followed by a space and the number of your choice (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) to 84070

* "Best Reissue" nominees (awarded to the most timely, best-presented and well-compiled album reissue of the past 12 months):

01. JEFF BECK ? Truth (EMI)
02. IAN HUNTER ? Ian Hunter (Sony BMG)
03. THE STOOGES ? The Stooges/Funhouse (Rhino/Elektra)
04. THE SWEET ? Reissues (Sony BMG)
05. URIAH HEEP ? Reissues (Sanctuary)

To vote for "Best Reissue", text CLR REISSUE followed by a space and the number of your choice (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) to 84070

* "Classic Rock Collection" nominees (awarded to the most timely and well-compiled box set or best-of of the past 12 months):

01. OZZY OSBOURNE ? Prince Of Darknes (Epic)
02. FREE ? Chronicles (Universal)
03. JUDAS PRIEST ? Metalogy (Columbia)
04. DEEP PURPLE ? The Platinum Collection (EMI)
05. CREAM ? I Feel Free: Ultimate Cream (Polydor)

To vote for "Classic Rock Collection", text CLR COLLECT followed by a space and the number of your choice (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) to 84070

* "DVD of the Year" nominees (awarded to the greatest rock DVD release of the past 12 months:

01. AEROSMITH ? You Gotta Move (Columbia)
02. IRON MAIDEN ? The Early Years (Sanctuary)
03. AC/DC ? Family Jewels (Sony)
04. MOT?RHEAD ? Classic Albums: Ace Of Spades (Eagle Vision)
05. EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ? Beyond The Beginning (Sanctuary)

To vote for "DVD of the Year", text CLR DVD followed by a space and the number of your choice (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) to 84070

* "Classsic Rock Event of the Year" nominees (awarded to the greatest tour, reunion or dropped-me-bacon-sandwich moment of the past 12 months):

01. QUEEN playing with Paul Rodgers
02. CREAM reforming at The Royal Albert Hall
03. PINK FLOYD reforming for Live 8
04. The M?TLEY CR?E reunion

To vote for "Event of the Year", text CLR EVENT followed by a space and the number of your choice (1, 2, 3 or 4) to 84070

Commented Classic Rock magazine publisher Chris Ingham: "The Classic Rock Roll of Honor is a unique awards show and a chance to honor the real legends of rock, many of whom will not get a Brit Award or an Ivor Novello because they are not seen as being 'hip' enough or their face doesn't fit."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 09:50:59 AM »

Metal Edge magazine recently conducted an exclusive interview with MOT?RHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Metal Edge: What do you think about MP3s and downloading?

Lemmy: "Well, the more they download their favorite band, the sooner their favorite band will pack up for the lack of fuckin' having the wherewithal to carry on. Because if you take away the royalties that we get from record sales, then you take everything away. I mean, we survive on our royalties. We don't make much money on tour, you know? We just break even, more or less, so we rely completely on royalties. If you take that away, we can't have the dough to carry on at all. Simple as that, so it's up to them [the fans], you know?"

Metal Edge: What do you do for fun? How do you relax?

Lemmy: "What would I relax for? That's how they catch up with you! [Laughing] Believe me, there's no relaxation at home. I got three girlfriends I gotta keep in the air."

Metal Edge: Three?

Lemmy: "I had four, but one of them had to go back to Sweden yesterday. So there's no relaxing for me?"

Metal Edge: Four girlfriends? How do you do it?

Lemmy: "You have to be very quick? But it's all for a good cause: ME! [Laughing]"

Metal Edge: What do you miss about home when you're on the road, and what do you miss about the road when you're home?

Lemmy: "Chicks who know what I like. [Laughing] It's good to get away from the no-smoking bullshit in L.A. You can't bloody smoke anywhere now, it seems, can you? We went to a strip club in Hartford, Connecticut, right? Two clubs at each end of a long building, same owners. One side's topless and one's nude, right? In the topless half you could drink, but you couldn't smoke, and in the bottomless half, you could smoke, but you couldn't drink. I mean, what the fuck is that? [Laughing] 'Good morning! So you're an idiot, right.' "

Metal Edge: After 30 years in MOT?RHEAD, do you feel underrated?

Lemmy: "Well, it's different at times, you know? You look at people who say, 'They're my favorite band, man! Loved 'Ace of Spades'! And that 1981?' Now it's 2005 and they still go on about that one, and they haven't heard anything since then. I mean, if it was that good, why didn't you listen to the follow-up album, you know?"

Metal Edge: Do you ever get sick of playing "Ace of Spades"?

Lemmy: "No. Funnily enough, I don't get sick of playing it, but I get sick of hearing it. I got out and the clun where I'm at, someone will put it on. I still like playing it 'cause it's a good song, you know? I'm lucky. We got famous for a good song. Imagine if we got famous for a turkey. That follows you for the rest of your life, doesn't it?"

Metal Edge: Does MOT?RHEAD have any turkeys?

Lemmy: "Yeah, we did a few. I'm sure you can figure out which ones they are. [Laughing] 'Talking Head' was a good one ? that's a fuckin' terrible song! And 'Night Side' ? that was fucking atrocious. I must have had a mental operation on that one."

Amroth
Opening Act

Don't need your religion.

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 06:59:37 PM »

Well, as Slash said "You've got your record collection, and in there somewhere is your ace of spades." That's about as true as it gets. Mot?rhead is one of the best bands ever. Especially live. And Lemmy deserves all the credit in the world for all his work. And it's amazing how he's still able to go on. I mean, the guys taken some serious amounts of drugs, and drinking a small ocean of whiskey doens't really help either. But "he's just fought through all the shit and come through on the other side." I still like the "old" Mot?rhead best though. Phillip, Edward and Lemmy really broke a lot of barriers with their raw and powerful music. Truly one of the best bands ever.

You wanted the best! But they didn't f**kin' make it! So heres what you get, from hollywood: Guns n' Roses!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 07:12:09 PM »

New Motorhead can be just as good as old. Inferno is one hell of an album.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 02:11:47 PM »

Mike Dee is great he also drum with helloween  Smiley

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: