Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:27:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How low can Limbaugh go?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How low can Limbaugh go?  (Read 36764 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2006, 07:17:21 PM »

Good points Axl4Prez2004. Smiley

I am with the Democrats and Fox in their support of  Stem Cell research. Trust me! yes I think there is so much we could gain from this research and I think it would lead in alot of ways helping people who suffer from diseases. Especially, Diabetes and Parkinson's.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Surfrider
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2006, 08:20:42 PM »

One thing I find peculiar: didn't Fox admit that he purposely did not take his drugs when he testified in front of Congress so that the effects of his condition would be more profound?? Doesn't Rush have a right to say that he may be doing that here to get across a political point of view?? If that is so, shouldn't Rush do it?

I certainly don't agree with attacking the messenger, but if Fox really has used such tactics then I don't think it is terrible to point them out.

Because showing the true symptoms of the disease, without expensive medications that many people can't afford and many insurance companies won't cover, is somehow dishonest?

You talk about Fox "admitting" he didn't take his meds like he suddenly decided to put on a performance...when, in fact, he was portraying a much more realistic picture of what the disease does to many, if not most, people.

As for Rush's right to criticize Fox....does Fox now have the right (or obligation) to point out that Rush was a drug addict who's opinions and thinking may very well be muddled by that previous addiction's effect on his brain (witness his hearing loss as evidence of some serious neurological damage)? ?Or that he spends hours on end preaching about morality and ethics after spending much of his "political commentary" career being a complete hypocrit? I think doing so, while possibly true, wouldn't exactly be the right thing to do...do you? ?Because, if you do...this whole conversation is moot.

No one denies Fox is sick. ?He has Parkinsons. ?So Rush first accuses him of acting. ?Then backs off THAT assertion and just says "Well, the guys off his meds....that makes the ad misleading". ?Bullshit. ?It's not misleading. ?It's an accurate portrayal of the disease. ?So what's the problem?? That Rush doesn't like it because it portrays his "party line" on embryonic stem cell research poorly and makes the opposing view point more sympathetic?? Well no shit it does.? That's entirely the point.? So just say it.? It was an ad designed to play on people's sympathies.....

But how can Rush garner ratings by saying that? ?Or by actually attacking the ad, rather than just Fox's appearance in it? ?The answer is, of course, he can't. ?So he says the most outrageous (but calculated, make no mistake about it) thing he can think of...and it worked. ?Look at the press he's getting.....
I am not here to defend Rush nor criticize Fox.  I agree that Fox has the right to represent to true nature of the illness.  However, those that are against stemcell also have the right to point out that Fox purposely did not take his medication.  To the extent Rush went beyond that, he is an idiot.  Those against stem cell may want to show that there are drugs that actually help Fox and that he doesn't normally feel those kind of effects when he is on the medication.  All I am saying is the more information the better.
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »

I think Rush Limbaugh makes alot of very good points in his criticizing of the Democrats and the liberal media. But he never thinks the Republicans do anything wrong or bad and everything they do is right. He always thinks the Republicans are the good guys. Which is so wrong in my opinion. That is just too extreme to have that point of view. What he said about Fox is wrong. And it's disgusting how the Democrats have used people like Cindy Sheehan and Fox to push their agendas.
I dont think the democrats used anyone, i think these people are more than happy to do what they did! These people have a cause and want to be heard! ok
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2006, 12:42:26 AM »

I say let  him "self medicate" himself into humiliation and shame. He already is an idiot who is poisoning America, so let  him destroy himself so we  can get this Nazi off the air and instead replace him with a sane person who is not filled with anger against humanity (or anyone who disagrees with him).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2006, 02:29:43 AM »

This guy is a piece of shit. ok  Maybe someday if someone he loved or maybe if he himself got inflicted with this, THEN maybe he would understand and be qualified to comment.

The medication Parkinson disease patients take makes them shake. Its a side effect.  How is Fox exaggerating when his entire life is anything but what it use to be?

I dont see anything wrong with Stem Cell Research, As long as abortion is legal u might as well get something positive out of it.

People have this stupid belief that GOD thinks its wrong or its immoral.

Well u know u can look at it like this.

If u get cancer maybe GOD intended for u to die with cancer.

If U get any disease, maybe GOD intended for u to die that way, So in my opinion there isnt much difference in going to the doctor and getting treated for those diseases than having these same scientists and people who were born with a GOD GIVEN ability to come up with cures and solutions that find a way to use Stem Cell Research  for victims of heinous diseases to maybe someday be able to live normal lives again.

Id rather Cure parkinsons and the hundreds of other ailments than be "Moral" whatever the hell that means.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:37:30 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2006, 03:06:17 AM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o8lsjfjgAA8

Hard to see Michael like that.  no
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2006, 11:28:36 AM »

I agree. That totally contradicts the seperation of church & state.

How do politicians know what God thinks?

My new policy: Vote against all incumbents, regardless of political party. If you dont like the way things are now, vote those who are making decisions now out of power.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:30:19 AM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2006, 12:05:17 PM »

I agree. That totally contradicts the seperation of church & state.

How do politicians know what God thinks?

Well, according to Bush, God spoke to him about Iraq and gave him advice.  nervous

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »

Cant say I remember Bush saying that, but Id be worried if he did.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

On talking to his father about Iraq:

"You know he is the wrong father to appeal to in terms of strength. There is a higher father that I appeal to," Bush said.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »

I was watching a documentary on CNN where people around him have said that, and I'm paraphrasing, that he is on a mission from God about the middle east. Makes sense seeing all the God and religious statements he's made about the war.

When he used the term Crusade before the war it actually made me shudder. I never would have figured anyone would be that dumb to say that, knowing how that is still such a sensitive issue with muslims.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »

"You know he is the wrong father to appeal to in terms of strength. There is a higher father that I appeal to," Bush said.

Is this the quote? Where does it say God spoke to Bush?

All I read is that Bush looks for guidance from God.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2006, 01:13:11 PM »

is still such a sensitive issue with muslims.

That's just to bad. Cause there is no outcry from the Muslim population aginst these Muslim terrorists anyways.

The appeasement that is filling this world sickens me.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

is still such a sensitive issue with muslims.

That's just to bad. Cause there is no outcry from the Muslim population aginst these Muslim terrorists anyways.

The appeasement that is filling this world sickens me.

We tried appeasement with Hitler. ( It diddn't work)

Muslims who lead a life following the faith of the true Muslim need to take control of their religion from these ultra right Muslim fanatics who preach death and murder.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »

uh...When millions of your people were butchered because of their religion, I think that would leave a sour spot. Ask the Jews...

Its this kind of arrogance that's got us into this mess. Forgien Policy. There is a reason for it. Its good to understand a people who think completely different than you do.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2006, 01:34:21 PM »

Rush should stick to the Republican M.O. that worked for them in '04.  Fear.  Fear of war and fear of gays.  Talk about a great motivator.  It's win-win for the Republicans.

I always found it ironic that the right wing used fear the way they do. Seems that lately they are terrorizing the American public more than anybody else. Their political ads constantly show Osama Bin Laden and nuclear bombs detonating. They are using Osama's tapes exactly what they were intended for: to scare people. Fighting terror, with terror?Huh?.brilliant.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »

uh...When millions of your people were butchered because of their religion, I think that would leave a sour spot. Ask the Jews...

Its this kind of arrogance that's got us into this mess. Forgien Policy. There is a reason for it. Its good to understand a people who think completely different than you do.

I don't care to understand anyone who's life mission is the destruction of me, my family, and my country. Anyone who's religion that the full intent of killing those who do not follow does not deserve my understanding or my condolences.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2006, 09:36:52 PM »

Is this the quote? Where does it say God spoke to Bush?

All I read is that Bush looks for guidance from God.

From an old USA Today article:

On Iraq:
Bush believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time, says Commerce Secretary Don Evans, a close friend who talks with Bush every day.

The thought of another assault on the United States horrifies Bush. Aides say he believes history and heaven will judge him by his ability to prevent one.

I'm sure there is more...I'll keep looking. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2006, 09:49:27 PM »

Bush believes God speaks to him. This is not in a literal sense. Many Christians claim the same thing. They feel a spiritual drive and recognize it as "God speaking to them" through events or whatever. It's not like Bush sits in his Oval Office and says, "Yo, God, homeboy, what's up, G?"
mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »

Rush should stick to the Republican M.O. that worked for them in '04.? Fear.? Fear of war and fear of gays.? Talk about a great motivator.? It's win-win for the Republicans.

I always found it ironic that the right wing used fear the way they do. Seems that lately they are terrorizing the American public more than anybody else. Their political ads constantly show Osama Bin Laden and nuclear bombs detonating. They are using Osama's tapes exactly what they were intended for: to scare people. Fighting terror, with terror?Huh?.brilliant.

You lefties throw that "fear" word around like it's a bad thing.? In my opinion, it's a healthy fear of a real threat.? Because the left is (and has always been) weak on national security, they wish everyone would forget about terrorism altogether.? Instead of whining about the right, how 'bout you guys on the left grow some balls and actually come up with someone who is actually serious about fighting terror.  Who knows?  You might actaully win an election.... hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: