Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  hav some questions ..pls help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hav some questions ..pls help  (Read 2482 times)
Slashed
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: June 20, 2004, 10:05:20 AM »

i've just started learning guitar n i wana know some stuff....

1) what r the advantages n disadvantages of a left-hander playing on a right-hand guitar?

2) what's tone deaf??...

3) im more into slashes solos n stuff like that....wat should i practice alot to play those kind of solos..?

4)  how do i tune half a step down??...

5) n whats the dif between full bend AND full bend and release

help meee....n thx
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 10:22:02 AM by Slashed » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 10:53:35 AM »

Start here:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=6602
There you'll find instructions and links to the answers for your questions.

Maybe someone left handed can tell you about the first question. As far as advantages go, at least there's a wider selection of guitars to choose from.

Tone deaf means the inability to tell apart different tones. If someone played an a, and then an a#, one propably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Jesse James
Rocker

tss tss tss tss gnnnnnn!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 09:47:37 AM »

1) Well if youre a left hander sometimes it may be difficult to reach the high frets of the guitar but that really depends on the guitar u play. If youre playing an SG you probably wont have any problems but its not the same when u r using a Les
Paul. Secondly youll have to make changes to the guitar you play. You'll  have to change the nut, maybe the bridge and stuff.

3)hammer ons, pull offs, bending is most important and alot of major and minor pentatonic scales (its good to learn all the shapes)

4)that depends. if  u r using a lespaul type guitar (or similar) you wont have a problem but if u r using a guitar that has a floyd rose tremolo you'll have to get the help of a guitar tech. When u tune down half step the strings are like this;
from E A D G B e to ---> Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb . u tune the strings down a semitone.

5) when you do a full bend you can hear the note u r bending (eg A) going all the way up to B and thats it. when u do a full bend with release u do the following; u bend from A to B and then return back to A (you can hear a lot of bend and release stuff at the start of Slash's first solo in November Rain)

hope I helped a bit Smiley

Slashed
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 09:51:46 AM »

thx for helpin man.........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: