Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:26:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Post Hardcore/ Deathcore Bands
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post Hardcore/ Deathcore Bands  (Read 4732 times)
Serg
Opening Act

The One You'd Least Expect

« on: December 23, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

Any fans of bands in these genres? I got into these genres over the summer, and cannot stop listening to them.

Some of my favorites are:
Escape the Fate
A Day to Remember
Bring Me the Horizon
The Devil Wears Prada

If you are wondering, no, I am not a scene kid or and emo, I just enjoy new music, and I'm trying not to be as narrow minded as i used to be about music.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »

a.k.a shitcore.

i hate the entire movement, ive hated it since its inception here in England and i still hate it now. Its full of posers and trend hoppers. All the bands sound shit and putting core on the end of everything has become very old, fast.

html sucks
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »

I've only heard Bring Me the Horizon, and while they're okay, I can't stand their vocalist's shitty screaming. He sounds like he's straining way too hard, and it just irritates me.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Serg
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »

I can see where you're coming from mrlee. I had to get into the music when i first started to listen to it, but both genre's are good.

Some good songs that you should check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KligRH7pLVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfO0TjJrTEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGFUYmwXvU
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but like any genre i dislike, ive already given it a good try.

Alot of people my age like it, so im often exposed to it.

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 04:41:40 AM »

I'm more of a fan of prehardcore bands.
RickRoses
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:30 AM »

BMTH suck. Im more a fan of symphonic/gothic/melodic stuff, like Cradle Of Filth (all-time favorite metal band, holy shit, theyre amazing), and Dimmu Borgir. BMTHs singer (Oli, i think his name is?) sounds like a 13 year old who is hitting puberty every time he screams. I was into the song Chelsea Smile for about a week but quickly forgot about it.

The Best Fuckin' Day Of My Life
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »

BMTH suck. Im more a fan of symphonic/gothic/melodic stuff, like Cradle Of Filth (all-time favorite metal band, holy shit, theyre amazing), and Dimmu Borgir. BMTHs singer (Oli, i think his name is?) sounds like a 13 year old who is hitting puberty every time he screams.

The vocals put me off BMTH as well... plus, I've seen them live and wasn't very impressed.

RickRoses - if you're into the symphonic stuff, have you ever checked out Vesperian Sorrow? Bloody awesome band! They call themselves Symphonic Dark Metal... Amazing stuff!

Anyway, back on topic...

I used to avoid anything with 'core' on the end like the plague, but now I'm getting into it more and more. I'm still not completely up on which core is which (deathcore, metalcore, etc), but I know what I like. For instance, I'm loving Suicide Silence, Stigma and Whitechapel at the moment.

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
RickRoses
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 07:39:46 PM »

RickRoses - if you're into the symphonic stuff, have you ever checked out Vesperian Sorrow? Bloody awesome band! They call themselves Symphonic Dark Metal... Amazing stuff!

haven't heard them, i'll have to check em out

The Best Fuckin' Day Of My Life
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 07:41:34 AM »

haven't heard them, i'll have to check em out

Excellent - I hope you like 'em! They're on MySpace, but if you need a link just let me know.

My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Serg
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 06:13:48 AM »

BMTH suck. Im more a fan of symphonic/gothic/melodic stuff, like Cradle Of Filth (all-time favorite metal band, holy shit, theyre amazing), and Dimmu Borgir. BMTHs singer (Oli, i think his name is?) sounds like a 13 year old who is hitting puberty every time he screams.

The vocals put me off BMTH as well... plus, I've seen them live and wasn't very impressed.

Anyway, back on topic...

I used to avoid anything with 'core' on the end like the plague, but now I'm getting into it more and more. I'm still not completely up on which core is which (deathcore, metalcore, etc), but I know what I like. For instance, I'm loving Suicide Silence, Stigma and Whitechapel at the moment.

suicide silence is a pretty good band from the stuff i've heard from them. if you like music with a punkish vibe to it you should definitly check out some post hardcore stuff
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »

Anyway, back on topic...

suicide silence is a pretty good band from the stuff i've heard from them. if you like music with a punkish vibe to it you should definitly check out some post hardcore stuff

Cool - any recommendations? I'll listen to most stuff at least once Wink

My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Serg
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 06:33:26 AM »

Anyway, back on topic...

Cool - any recommendations? I'll listen to most stuff at least once Wink
four year strong, a day to remember, escape the fate. can't think of any others atm.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: