Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl v Howard Stern
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl v Howard Stern  (Read 15468 times)
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: February 27, 2004, 07:53:29 AM »

There was a rumor that I heard a long time ago that when Axl performed in NY, that Howard Stern made a  disparaging  remark about him. Well, it seems that Howard Stern is now somewhat banned.  love
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 08:04:54 AM »

Ah yes, let's take pleasure in the raping of our rights by the FCC (who, have no doubt, pressured Clear Channel into this)....Oh, and he's not banned.  He's been, at worst, dropped from a handful of stations....all ClearChannel, with one exception (St. Louis).

Oh, and I heard the Stern show the day after MSG...everyone said the show was good, including Howard.  The only thing I remember that was remotely "disparaging" was that there was an Oxygen tent back stage that Axl kept running into during "breaks".  I also think he said, as good as the show was, it probably would have been better with the "old lineup".

« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 08:06:01 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:13:34 AM »

I didn't listen to the show, that was a rumor that was going on! Thanks for clearing it up! love
kockstar99
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 09:47:01 AM »

Howard didnt say anything about Axl,  it was Howards sidekick....either way id like to see these two give a big Fuck You to clear channel....
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 09:52:06 AM »

I only heard the oxygen thing too.  One of the rumors was that Axl was upset over something that Howard said...

Has anyone seen the Howard Stern show since this FCC thing?  Just wondered what he had to say about it.

Why don't you just....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 10:20:16 AM »

I only heard the oxygen thing too.  One of the rumors was that Axl was upset over something that Howard said...

Has anyone seen the Howard Stern show since this FCC thing?  Just wondered what he had to say about it.

I listen for the first hour of the  show, every morning, on my drive in to work.  He's pissed, confused (since nobody is really quite sure what's REALLY going on..suspended, removed permenantly, etc), and a bit depressed.  He's railing against the FCC and the current political climate (with good reason, IMHO), and letting his listeners, both current and now former, vent a lot.  He also keeps saying that he thinks it's just a matter of time before he gets fired (which both Tom C (the GM of KROQ) and Mel (the big boss at CBS/VIacom/Infinity) say won't happen) completely.  And he's hinted that, should he get fired, he'll probably go to Satellite Radio.  The shows have been pretty good, actually.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 11:52:05 AM »

I am sooo fucking pissed at Clear Channel. What a bunch of cocksucking right wing religious niggas (and I mean that in the textbook sense, that they are a bunch ignorant motherfuckers, and not in a racist sense).

I am hating this shit with the church, and make no mistake thats who the enemy is. The church is against, freedom of speech, sex, and this bullshit same sex marriage issue. All the while their priests are molesting children, their politians are taking money from every motherfucker, and caught up in their own sex scandels.

The hypocracy is unbelievable. First this Janet Jackson showing a floppy boob. Now Howard, for doing what Howard has done for 20 years. I love the Stern show, and I am angry.

The church is sooo fucking happy about the Passion of the Christ though aren't they. You know, the movie made by the son of one of the most flaming racists I have ever heard.

The state of this country is starting to mirror the 50's.

Isn't it interesting that Clear channel pulled the plug on the GNR tour in 2002, and now are pulling the plug on Howard Stern?

I wish all these religious zealots and hypocritical politicians would get aids and bleed into their childrens cereal. Yea that's right.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

You can continue the Howard discussion in The Jungle.

Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr H Lecter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 01:56:01 PM »

I am sooo fucking pissed at Clear Channel. What a bunch of cocksucking right wing religious niggas (and I mean that in the textbook sense, that they are a bunch ignorant motherfuckers, and not in a racist sense).

I am hating this shit with the church, and make no mistake thats who the enemy is. The church is against, freedom of speech, sex, and this bullshit same sex marriage issue. All the while their priests are molesting children, their politians are taking money from every motherfucker, and caught up in their own sex scandels.

The hypocracy is unbelievable. First this Janet Jackson showing a floppy boob. Now Howard, for doing what Howard has done for 20 years. I love the Stern show, and I am angry.

The church is sooo fucking happy about the Passion of the Christ though aren't they. You know, the movie made by the son of one of the most flaming racists I have ever heard.

Isn't it interesting that Clear channel pulled the plug on the GNR tour in 2002, and now are pulling the plug on Howard Stern?

I wish all these religious zealots and hypocritical politicians would get aids and bleed into their childrens cereal. Yea that's right.

If i agreed with what you said any more I would have to be your clone, well said, hypocricy and the church seem now to be one in the same, their stance on the use of a condom is beyond a joke considering the current state of the world with respect to HIV.
brian
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 02:15:44 PM »

niggas (and I mean that in the textbook sense, that they are a bunch ignorant motherfuckers, and not in a racist sense).

It's racist no matter how you meant it.  I'm sure there are many other words you can think of to describe them besides that one.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 02:16:42 PM by Brian » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 02:16:22 PM »

Howard has said virtually nothing nice about Axl since Guns broke up.  Hes made plenty of disparaging remarks about him before and since the VMAs, commenting on how odd he looks and how bad he sounded.

Howard didnt say the show was good, he didnt even see it.  It was E! producer Doug Goodstein, and he gave it a mixed review.

Pilferks right though, Stern was only dropped from 6 stations, nearly all Clear Channel (Stern is with rival Infinity) and while its a scary vision for the future, its hardly a devestating to his career right now.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 02:28:13 PM »

niggas (and I mean that in the textbook sense, that they are a bunch ignorant motherfuckers, and not in a racist sense).

It's racist no matter how you meant it.  I'm sure there are many other words you can think of to describe them besides that one.

Agreed.

I have no idea what "textbook" you're referring to, but that word is never used in good taste.

On topic...Howard's not had much good to say about Axl as far as I can remember, in fact he's been the butt of more than one Stern joke over the years..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 02:49:10 PM »

Agreed.

I have no idea what "textbook" you're referring to, but that word is never used in good taste.

ok

On topic...Howard's not had much good to say about Axl as far as I can remember, in fact he's been the butt of more than one Stern joke over the years..

Howard was actually a big GNR fan when they were together, and theres even a small section in Private Parts dedicated to Axls interview on the show.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 03:27:07 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 02:53:40 PM »

Its just street slang ....its not what u people think it means..

its not the same word....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 03:31:57 PM »

Its just street slang ....its not what u people think it means..

its not the same word....

Well thank you for that enlightening explanation... Roll Eyes

We know exactly what it means, even if he justified it incorrectly with the words "textbook" defintion (try reading a textbook definition so you can correct your post).  The fact is, unless youre black, the word (the insult and the slang "term of endearment") should really stay out of your mouth/writings.  
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 04:02:38 PM »

[q

Howard was actually a big GNR fan when they were together, and theres even a small section in Private Parts dedicated to Axls interview on the show.  

I should have qualified my statement about Howard/Axl, it was meant in post Slash/New GNR terms.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 06:24:27 PM »

BuddhaMaster, no truer words ever said!  peace
This country better wake up.  Religious wackos including GW Bush and Ashcroft scare the crap outta me and should scare you.  
  Howard Stern does have a contract with ABC for exclusive prime-time interviews...would it not be fun to see Axl doing a Stern interview with the big comeback???  It would be HUGE ratings.  HUUUUUUGE ratings!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
kockstar99
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 07:57:02 PM »

We know exactly what it means, even if he justified it incorrectly with the words "textbook" defintion (try reading a textbook definition so you can correct your post).  The fact is, unless youre black, the word (the insult and the slang "term of endearment") should really stay out of your mouth/writings.  

I had a black kid in my school....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 08:06:26 PM »

I had a black kid in my school....

Huh confused

The hell are you talking about?
SlashFan
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 09:28:50 PM »

Huh confused

The hell are you talking about?

Yeah,what are you talking about Huh
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: