Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:54:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Giant Robot Show on 2/27
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giant Robot Show on 2/27  (Read 3583 times)
scamp
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: February 28, 2004, 04:47:22 AM »

It was surprise surprise a really great show.  It was the first time i've seen buckethead and brain playing material together that wasn't totally improvised.  They played a couple songs off of monsters and robots and a praxis song.  I belive buckethead played a bit of hog bitch stomp a couple times but my mental state at the moment is not conducive to memorizing set lists.  I think overall it is pretty similar to the setlist from the santa cruz show but it definately wasn't the exact same show and I wish I wouldn't have been so lazy last weekend and had driven down for it.  Worth noting Brain now has like a 70's james brown style haircut that went well with the bright yellow clothes he had on.  Buckethead didn't use the banjo like at the previous show but he came out as leatherface a couple of times.  Once panamiming a scene from the texas chainsaw massacre(I think that is the movie) and once to rap to an old dirty bastard song.  He also did the Michael Jackson beat it and the ac/dc medly(hells bells, back in black, and shook me all night long) for an encore.  I thought for a moment that he was going to come out and do another encore but instead he came out and through a few more toys at the audience and  I snatched a mobile gundam toy that will sit on my desk at work from now tell the end of time.  Brain did a few solo's that were all fantastic to start the show and also when buckethead was changing costumes.  Butthouse was pretty damned good on the bass as well.  Dont know if i'll make next weeks show but i'll certainly be trying to make it up there.  It was a totally different experience from the Deli Creeps shows as the Deli Creeps were much heavier and obviously much different from the Bucket of Bernie Brains shows.  Anyway i'm freaking wired and just thought I'd post a quick review before I pass out.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 10:29:32 AM »

Thanks for posting that review. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 05:17:24 PM »

wow very cool..!
yes thank you for the review  ok
it sure sounds like it was an interesting show with so much creative performances from Buckethead.
i really am looking forward to seeing his influences in GN'R's material
and more of his 'thing' at the GN'R shows
sounds like you had a great time

*sigh* buckethead on the west coast... dizzy, fortus tommy play the northeast

I'm sooo not feelign the love here in the deep south / florida! Cry

Buckethead.. come to south beach!

Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 11:42:35 PM »

thanks for posting, it sounds great! i hope he plays in so cal soon, i can't wait to see him again!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: