Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:59:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Chooses CAD Trion 7000 Microphone - Nov. 14, 2006
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Chooses CAD Trion 7000 Microphone - Nov. 14, 2006  (Read 1510 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« on: November 14, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »

From Blabbermouth:

Following an extensive mic shoot-out to find the right microphone for his guitar amps, Richard Fortus, guitarist for GUNS N' ROSES, and Toby Francis, FOH Engineer, have chosen the new CAD Trion 7000 Ribbon microphone.

Fortus, whose distinctive guitar playing is an integral part of the band's "Chinese Democracy" tour currently playing to sold-out arenas across the country, said, "We just did a shoot-out with every mic we could think of, tested every one, and the CAD Trion 7000 was the hands-down winner. We love it. In fact, we are using it on both of my amps and I couldn't he happier with it."

GUNS N' ROSES FOH Engineer Toby Francis was also enthusiastic about the microphone: "We've just started using the Trion 7000 ribbon mic on Richard's amps, replacing another large diaphragm condenser. We instantly liked how natural the mic sounded. It needed much less EQ. In fact, we took off everything that was on the channel and the Trion 7000 sounded better than what we were using before. It's an incredibly natural sounding microphone."

The Trion 7000 uses a precision-machined, hand-assembled aluminum ribbon capsule to produce the rich, warm sound ribbon mics are known for. Ideal for live and recording applications, the Trion 7000 is ideal for guitar and bass amps, vocals, brass and woodwinds, cello and acoustic bass.

With a natural figure-8 pickup pattern, the Trion 7000 is most sensitive in the front and the back of the microphone with a pronounced proximity effect that allows the user to achieve a strong "fattening" of the sound at close distances. Rugged and durable, the 7000's metal housing and construction allow it to withstand the harsh demands of live and studio applications. It comes supplied with shock mount and heavy-duty aluminum carrying case.

For more about why more and more artists and engineers are choosing CAD Trion microphones, visit www.cadmics.com.
lsf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 05:46:16 PM »

I must admit i am not a fan of EQ in the signal line, it tends to weaken the sound's strength. Perhaps it sounded better without EQ because it was overly EQd more so than it was supposed to be?

I will never understand the overproduction used in live performances. You can get boxes designed to take DI outputs and make them sound authentic, pushed etc. Why put up with signal noise that the loud live envioronment introduces? Seems wasteful.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: