Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The new line-up using the GN'R name
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The new line-up using the GN'R name  (Read 13915 times)
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »

He should go retro and call it Hollywood Rose. Nah, he spent a lot of money for the rights to "Guns N' Roses" and he'd be dumb to change it now.

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
Redrocket16
Opening Act

Slash is rock and Roll

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2006, 02:01:01 PM »

i yhink since axl is going toward the softer side with his ballads he should re-name the band simply "Rose"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »

Stalks and Roses
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2006, 07:19:11 PM »

maybe a twist on "Guns N' Roses"...Nunchucks N' Dandelions!

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
Megaguns
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 10:34:59 PM »

I dont know why he should have to change the name.... Look at megadeth for example, Been around longer than Guns and yet one original member remains (the lead singer) Not a much different situation. Im sure that Dave Mustaine owns the name Megadeth too. Nobody complains there....
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2006, 12:34:42 PM »

You know man, Axl is doing what he wants... but there is a soul beneath the songs, and a part of that soul was Slash, Duff and Izzy, even Stevie.
McDuff
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2006, 03:07:13 AM »

You know man, Axl is doing what he wants... but there is a soul beneath the songs, and a part of that soul was Slash, Duff and Izzy, even Stevie.

Now that makes more sense then some of the shit that's posted on here peace
SuperMike
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2006, 04:20:22 AM »

I dont know why he should have to change the name.... Look at megadeth for example, Been around longer than Guns and yet one original member remains (the lead singer) Not a much different situation. Im sure that Dave Mustaine owns the name Megadeth too. Nobody complains there....
Yeah I thought the same thing.

Why don't can't you people just accept the fact that Axl wants to keep the name?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2006, 03:40:33 PM »

Well in my case, because Slash, Duff and Izzy are unique...  and they wrote  most of the songs of Guns N Roses....
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 03:47:40 PM »

Roses and Guns

The same but different, that way everyone's happy.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »

a new name would be better,,,, it would be like axl telling the story to jungle and someone else doing the riff, or how the scom opening was created and robin opened..

Axl rose would have been a fine name, it's all about him anyways.. he runs the show he does everything his way, all the players are removable..

To me ownership means crap, it's about doing what's right
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »

It's not just about ownership, it's about a fan base. Using the old name gives Axl access to all the people who are just casual fans of GN'R. They'll want to check out CD. That was the same tactic used with Snakepit. The record company wanted the name changed to 'Slash's Snakepit' so that their albums would get more exposure...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 04:49:45 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

It's not just about ownership, it's about a fan base. Using the old name gives Axl access to all the people who are just casual fans of GN'R. They'll want to check out CD. That was the same tactic used with Snakepit. The record company wanted the name changed to 'Slash's Snakepit' so that their albums would get more exposure...

of course there's no doubt in that.. I mean gnr carries a ton of weight and insures great sales without anyone even hearing the music..

All I meant was that to me gnr broke up, all teh members are gone, they should have (axl) done whatever but used a new name and had the material judged on that and see how much it would truly sell..
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »

I agree with you... Axl wants to be recognised, but the GNR is a gold mine and regardless of the music a lot of people will but C.D.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 05:26:21 AM »

Or should he just use Axl Rose.  I for one think the name Axl Rose is just a good a name as the GNR one.  Your thoughts?
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 05:27:47 AM »

It's a tough question, because a lot of people think it's not true GNR without Slash and the other original members... I don't think it would hurt to use just 'Axl Rose' but I think Axl feels pretty strongly about using 'Guns n Roses'.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 05:28:09 AM »

You're really on to something new and original here...

Sorry but we've been over this many, _many_ times before. Go check the dead horse section, there might be something like this there.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »

I totally agree Guns N Roses is more than Axl, even if Axl is a good part of it. Especially since the other guys have been relatively nice about him considering the way Axl was a prick and more or less forced them to quit. He should show some respect and change the name.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2006, 02:17:01 AM »

Guns n Roses is more then just a band name, its an identity.  I look at it like this, look at a sports team that has a storied history, but its years before there is another winning season, and theres no superstars on the team, but then after several seasons they re championship contenders again.  GnR is the same situation, they had a very storied and successful past, been down a few years, had moderate success 2002, then disappaered, now with the leaks, some big festivals to play at, things are starting to look positive again, and hopefully CD gets released soon.  Guns n Roses aren't your average band, and regardless whos in the band, Im always going to be a GnR fan. So Axl owns the guns name, and its his responsibility to get guns back on top.

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2006, 02:32:40 AM »

I think it's pretty lame of Whaxl to keep using the name, but obviously he is into being lame. You know, being a 45 year old wigger and all.  rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

You can't compare GNR to bands like Megadeath because GNR became a much more widely known act & the individuals were stars in their own right. I mean, Slash had his own Rolling Stone cover for christsakes. A better comparision would of been Robert Plant touring as led zepplin without page or when Stephen Tyler tried to go alone as Aerosmith. Can you imagine AC/DC playing without Angus Young? That's how I feel when seeing a Slashless GNR with some NIN retread plodding through SCOM.

I really think Botaxl should've used Chinese Democracy as his band name. That's a cool name & it actually kind of fits what the band is. It's good humor.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: