Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terror Plot Thwarted In England (Kidnapping and Beheading of Public)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terror Plot Thwarted In England (Kidnapping and Beheading of Public)  (Read 2868 times)
anythinggoes
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:16:42 AM »

http://www.itv.com/news/index_e54cbfbb40cdfb5feedbd59ebb92f72d.html

Eight terror suspects have been arrested in a series of early morning raids.

Police swooped on a number of addresses in Birmingham as part of a massive anti-terror operation led by the Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.

Security sources said a major terror attack had been thwarted.

The plan, which was in its later stages, was a departure from recent al-Qaeda style bombings.

The sources said it appeared the alleged plan involved an Iraq-style kidnapping of a member of the public who would then be tortured and ultimately executed on video.

The raids in the Sparkhill area of Birmingham saw officers swoop on an anonymous end-of-terrace house, an Islamic bookshop and a cybercafe.

Dozens of officers are standing guard outside the three addresses as forensic experts worked inside the properties in the inner-city district.

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said: "The arrests were part of a counter-terrorism operation co-ordinated and led by the Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit supported by officers from the West Midlands Police and Metropolitan Police.

"A number of addresses in Birmingham have been secured and sealed off and are currently being searched by officers from West Midlands Police and Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.

"Whilst this operation poses no specific threat to the West Midlands, as a precautionary measure we will have an enhanced police presence at these locations.

"We would ask for the continued support and co-operation of the public. Our message to people living in the West Midlands is to remain vigilant. Public safety is our absolute priority."

Home Secretary John Reid declined to go into details about the operation.

He said: "The current operation and investigation is ongoing. I repeat my request to the media this morning not to release information or encourage speculation which could affect the operation, investigation or a future trial."
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:47:02 AM »

Here we go again, I wondered how long the next line of attacks on innocent members of the British public would start, the worrying thing is though I expect its brainwashed British Muslims who are planning this as well.

When will all this senseless killing and terror planning stop.

I also mean that with the greatest respect to people everywhere stop killing and stop hating we can all get along together surely  Huh.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:50:05 AM »

Well done to the police for being on the ball - lets hope nothing is slipping through the net

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »

why must all thde jihads be stationed in my area.

Good on the police.

These bastards need to be killed, i think english governments should bring in the death penality for these type of people.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:02:14 AM »

Here we go again, I wondered how long the next line of attacks on innocent members of the British public would start, the worrying thing is though I expect its brainwashed British Muslims who are planning this as well.

When will all this senseless killing and terror planning stop.

I also mean that with the greatest respect to people everywhere stop killing and stop hating we can all get along together surely  Huh.

Its because they are stupid and follow a twisted version of there religion, because loads of the mosques and muslims schools have terrorists working there that preach and brain wash the children learning about there religion at them.

Personally i think every talk in a mosque should be filmed by the police.

html sucks
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »

Problem is with doing tat you then cause the PC and rights brigade's to start up the Racism and anticultural calls. This would then encourage the BNP etc to start up again causing more hatred to other peoples religions and beliefs etc.

Its like a massive catch 22, you cant start to do this as then your breaking certain laws and stoking up more hatred towards the west, but you cant not leave these fanatics to it cause then you get the attacks starting again.

Im not sure about the death penalty either, to be fair I wouldnt want to be a politician when taken a stance on such sensitive issues.

It does scare me though that you could be walking home from work and get kidnapped, tortured and murdered by people who you may have seen every day of your life just because of your race and your countrys belief. When that starts to happen in Britain then we really are in trouble.

What makes it worse is that its only minor factions but there are so many of them springing up now that im sure the threat will never end.

I dont hate anyone and any religion but I cant and will not accept that this is how the world is going.

The sad fact of it all is though that without these threats and attacks im sure that we could resolve these issues between cultural and religious races peacefully, this goes for both the west and the east, stop fighting and start to talk.

Look at the IRA thats been reasonably succesful despite the doubt that the killing and attacks would ever stop, come on people talk to each other.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 01:35:03 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/01/31/uk.terror.arrests/index.html

The plot, which allegedly was to include the torture and beheading of a British Muslim soldier,

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 01:36:41 PM »

Were they british muslims or foreigners?  I will be shocked if we don't see this happening in the states soon.  its just too easy now to have home grown terrorists who get their orders/instructions from foreign groups via email/internet.

scary stuff, but i think in the next decade or so it'll be common place, just a fact of life.  for all the advancements of mankind its shit like this that make me think we always seem to take one step forward and a million back....  Sad

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 04:19:15 PM »

The plot, which allegedly was to include the torture and beheading of a British Muslim soldier,

indeed - hopefully British muslims start seeing this lot as THEIR enemy too, as opposed to a bunch of lunatics after everyone else

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »

This is way too scary.  It can happen anywhere basically....we can't even leave our homes nowadays.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 06:00:57 PM »

i watched a thing on the news, BBC, the muslims wernt helping them, just kept saying "they wouldnt do it ive known them for 16 years" etc, if the muslim community wont co-operate we cant beat them because they get direct contact with them.

html sucks
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 06:44:16 AM »

the community just seem to close rank when plots like this are exposed.

It doesnt help the overall "multicultural" feelings within Britain at all if people are not prepared to accept what is blatantly happening in our country.  Like Tony telling us the 7/7 bombs were nothing to do with Iraq - the lying, deluded twat.

How to deal with home-grown terrorists....??  that's the question.  I dont see ID cards making a blind bit of difference except as a means of iD AFTER whatever attrocity has been carried out.

very sad state of affairs for the UK today.
aimz
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »

This is way too scary. It can happen anywhere basically....we can't even leave our homes nowadays.....
i agree..im just glad that im not in the middle of all this,and i live outside of ''the danger zone'' if you will....although i agree that it can get worring at times.........im also glad this ist my fault... hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 07:50:07 AM »

very sad state of affairs for the UK today.

I think you could refer that to the whole world and whats to blame?

Religion IMO
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:52:30 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 08:40:09 AM »

I guess that we can just sit and wait for the end of all of this. If the minority communinities wont help flush out these fanatics then we stand no chance, I do believe the media doesnt help by constantly berating muslims etc, which adds to the tension and allows the BNP etc to get stronger and also makes the muslim community shut up shop.

We all need to work together to sort these issues out. I cant believe that all of the Muslim communitys want these people to take action they way they are and it has to be everybodys responsibility to report any kind of terrorist activities be it white activists or muslims.

The trouble comes when communication breakdowns and factions start forming within communitys. Bradford is a good example of this in the U.K.

As Bruce Willis said in a psone game Cant We All Just Get Along  hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 09:06:24 AM »

I watched a program on PBS the other night about this sort of stuff.

The young, teenage extremists in alot of cases live in the suburbs, and are therefore easily brainwashed by this religious nonesense and literally become zombies to the Jhad.. Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: