Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:54:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Deleting post on BBF interview
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deleting post on BBF interview  (Read 9129 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 04:24:48 AM »

My thought about that sentence is only that I believe this is the same as saying: CD is not comming...ever.

Please explain why would that be ? What could stop the album from being released ?

Nobody knows when it will be released, and Bumblefoot's sentence is the same kind as Axl's : "If you're waiting, don't".

Doesn't mean it's not coming out.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »

Why you talk about freedom? You shouldn't talk! I don't even have an logout button here. The nazi-admin removed it.
I am forced to log on here and be a fan! And I can't even log out! nervous

I'd like to direct an appeal at the international comunity, we HTGTH-posters, needs help. We're desperate. Please help us help me

Quiet, you!? Get back to refreshing the main page!

Larry King??  Shocked

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 03:33:21 PM »

Why you talk about freedom? You shouldn't talk! I don't even have an logout button here. The nazi-admin removed it.
I am forced to log on here and be a fan! And I can't even log out! nervous

I'd like to direct an appeal at the international comunity, we HTGTH-posters, needs help. We're desperate. Please help us help me
I didn't even know that was possible.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 01:30:33 PM »

Just adding a little civics lesson about "freedom of speech":

Freedom of speech, as a right, has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you can, and can't, post on a privately owned and operated message board on the internet.

Freedom of speech simply means the GOVERNMENT will make no law abridging your freedom of speech.  Near as I can tell, Congress hasn't (though I'm sure the Jungle denizens will jump in and debate that, and the Patriot act...but that's neither here nor there) done that here in the states.

So crowing that your rights to free speech is being infringed upon, when jarmo decides to delete every post with the word "blue" in it, is completely false.  He has a right to delete, allow, or shut down anything on this board that he sees fit.  He has the right to alter any post on this board in any WAY he sees fit.  And there's nothing illegal about it...nor is he, in any way doing ANYTHING that effects your "right to free speech". He is the ultimate editor of the site's content...no matter who else creates it.  That's the right he gets for paying the bills, and owning the site.

So, the long and short of it is this (as it always has been):  If you don't like the way the board is modded..go find a board that's run more to your liking....or run a board yourself.  If you'd like to let jarmo know what you think of his modding....have at it.  I'm sure he'll give it all the consideration it's worth.....  But don't, for the love of pete, start throwing around the idea that someone is violating your right to free speech.....unless you have George Bush on the line and he's threatening to arrest you for bagging on Axl's wardrobe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:32:26 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »

^ I think most people here realize that. I took issue with someone using "freedom" and "priviledge" in the same breath. That, to me, is oxymoronic.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »

Just adding a little civics lesson about "freedom of speech":

Freedom of speech, as a right, has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you can, and can't, post on a privately owned and operated message board on the internet.

Freedom of speech simply means the GOVERNMENT will make no law abridging your freedom of speech.? Near as I can tell, Congress hasn't (though I'm sure the Jungle denizens will jump in and debate that, and the Patriot act...but that's neither here nor there) done that here in the states.

So crowing that your rights to free speech is being infringed upon, when jarmo decides to delete every post with the word "blue" in it, is completely false.? He has a right to delete, allow, or shut down anything on this board that he sees fit.? He has the right to alter any post on this board in any WAY he sees fit.? And there's nothing illegal about it...nor is he, in any way doing ANYTHING that effects your "right to free speech". He is the ultimate editor of the site's content...no matter who else creates it.? That's the right he gets for paying the bills, and owning the site.

So, the long and short of it is this (as it always has been):? If you don't like the way the board is modded..go find a board that's run more to your liking....or run a board yourself.? If you'd like to let jarmo know what you think of his modding....have at it.? I'm sure he'll give it all the consideration it's worth.....? But don't, for the love of pete, start throwing around the idea that someone is violating your right to free speech.....unless you have George Bush on the line and he's threatening to arrest you for bagging on Axl's wardrobe.

What a load of crap! First of all, what government?? American people always tend to think the world is all about USA...when will they learn it isn't!.

This board is just the best GN'R board online, therefore we are here.  A board admin has to accept that they have a certain responsibility to carry for a forum with the dimension of this one and therefore also accept other ones thoughts - even if they disagree. Inappropriate posts is another story.
So, for me, this board should be more than a 'we do what we want with this'-board. The reason for that is, is because this board has so many members from around the globe, one should expect the admins are taking the mentioned responsibility.
Ok, enough of this bullshit now from my side. Actually I believe our moderators/admins are doing a great job!!! Just, I would find it a pitty if with deleting posts, a false impression is created about GN'R and fans opinions....(reason also I created this thread) but again, I do not think this is the case or this thread would already been deleted!
So a great thanks to all admins and especially to the big boss  hihi Jarmo for leading a fantastic forum!

PS: english is not my mother language, so I hope I explained clearly what I mean....
PPS: When the fuck is the new album comming out? Or do I really need to stick with my disappointment of thinking it will never come...  Wink

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »

What a load of crap! First of all, what government?? American people always tend to think the world is all about USA...when will they learn it isn't!.

It's not a load of crap.  It's the truth.  Freedom of speech, in the context of being a right, pertains to goverment control (no matter which country you happen to live in) of your speech.  NOT control by a moderator on a privately owned and operated message board.  Period.  End of story.

This board is just the best GN'R board online, therefore we are here.  A board admin has to accept that they have a certain responsibility to carry for a forum with the dimension of this one and therefore also accept other ones thoughts - even if they disagree. Inappropriate posts is another story.

No, they don't.  Plain and simple.  If you think that jarmo has to "mod" the forum a specific way, simply because you think he should...or even the majority of posters thinks he should...you're wrong.  He bears no "responsibility" at all...other than making sure the bills get paid.  If you don't like it...go somewhere else.  Because it's the truth...no matter how much you don't want to hear it.

We are here because jarmo lets us come here.  It's his yard, so his rules.  If you don't like them, take your ball, go home, and find another yard to play in.  It's really that simple. 

If you owned a house, invited me to come in, and I did something that offended you...I'd expect you'd ask me to stop.  I'd either respect that request, or leave....and that's the way you'd want it to be.  Same thing at HTGTH.

So, for me, this board should be more than a 'we do what we want with this'-board. The reason for that is, is because this board has so many members from around the globe, one should expect the admins are taking the mentioned responsibility.

The number of members is irrelevant.  What you want is irrelevant. You don't run the place, you don't own the domain, and you don't pay the bills.  It's no simpler than that.  If you "expect" them to moderate based on your expectations...you're likely going to be disappointed.

Together again,
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »

It's not a load of crap.? It's the truth.? Freedom of speech, in the context of being a right, pertains to goverment control (no matter which country you happen to live in) of your speech.? NOT control by a moderator on a privately owned and operated message board.? Period.? End of story.

This board is just the best GN'R board online, therefore we are here.? A board admin has to accept that they have a certain responsibility to carry for a forum with the dimension of this one and therefore also accept other ones thoughts - even if they disagree. Inappropriate posts is another story.

No, they don't.? Plain and simple.? If you think that jarmo has to "mod" the forum a specific way, simply because you think he should...or even the majority of posters thinks he should...you're wrong.? He bears no "responsibility" at all...other than making sure the bills get paid.? If you don't like it...go somewhere else.? Because it's the truth...no matter how much you don't want to hear it.

We are here because jarmo lets us come here.? It's his yard, so his rules.? If you don't like them, take your ball, go home, and find another yard to play in.? It's really that simple.?

If you owned a house, invited me to come in, and I did something that offended you...I'd expect you'd ask me to stop.? I'd either respect that request, or leave....and that's the way you'd want it to be.? Same thing at HTGTH.

The number of members is irrelevant.? What you want is irrelevant. You don't run the place, you don't own the domain, and you don't pay the bills.? It's no simpler than that.? If you "expect" them to moderate based on your expectations...you're likely going to be disappointed.

If I think you say a lot of crap then who are you to say I'm wrong? It was and still is crap!  hihi ...you just want to have a point - just like me - and I totally disagree with you. I could give you good replies on all your remarks with my 'counters', but to be frankly I fucking don't care. - you take things far to serious. I have other thoughts but respect yours though.  beer

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »

If I think you say a lot of crap then who are you to say I'm wrong? It was and still is crap!  hihi ...you just want to have a point - just like me - and I totally disagree with you. I could give you good replies on all your remarks with my 'counters', but to be frankly I fucking don't care. - you take things far to serious. I have other thoughts but respect yours though.  beer

You can disagree all you want.

But some things are facts, and some aren't.

Some things are true, and some aren't.

Together again,
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 05:31:16 PM »

No you are wrong. When you pay the bills, you get to make up the rules. That's how it goes, but the great thing with that is, if you don't like how a certain board is being run you can leave.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 06:44:32 PM »

Jarmo is expressing his freedom if speech via this website. Don't like it? Go somewhere else Tongue

Most people are fans here.
I like the fact this isn't like Blabbermouth or pages like that, or the other sites where it's such a immature comunity.

Freedom of speech includes our right to be namecalling, express radical opinions, blashphemia, throw insults etc. Not pretty but an fundemental right.
Maybe it's a good thing for most here that we can express ourselfs freely ANYWHERE else? hihi

But yes, you throw away your rights when you sign up and agree to the guidelines peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: