Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven and Jizzy interview
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven and Jizzy interview  (Read 8646 times)
Graciela
« on: February 21, 2005, 05:12:49 PM »

I found this at the AA Forum:

http://web.telia.com/~u43123410/mfintervju154.html

Jarmo can translate the introduction...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 06:13:55 PM »

I could..... It basically says:

On Thursday February 17th AA played in Stockholm and the writer had the chance to sit down with Steven and Jizzy to do an interview.

He mentions Steven's past drug use and that it's sometimes hard to understand what he says because his speech is slurred. The fact they drank beers during the interview is also mentioned. Steven seems to enjoy being back on the road even though the Swedish gigs weren't a success (meaning ticket sales I guess).

Earlier in the evening he had heard that their car broke down and that the soundcheck and interview was in danger. Luckily they could do the interview as planned and it turns out both Steven and Jizzy are sympathetic rockers....

Nice to see my knowledge in Swedish comes in handy on this board....? hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 06:28:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DaBrookman
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 07:40:19 PM »

Thanks Jarmo! I'd like to do some translating too! My name is Brooke ELLIS not ALICE! lol! I think the guy heard it wrong...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:02:12 PM »

Can we call you Alice anyway? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DaBrookman
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 08:21:02 PM »

LOL. Sure, but only on Thursdays, that's when I wear womens clothes!
(that was just a joke BTW)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:25:03 PM »

You got yourself a new custom title.  Grin

Cool that the book's done. Been hearing about it for a while.  Smiley

/jarmo

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:33:32 PM »

Thanks Jarmo! I'd like to do some translating too! My name is Brooke ELLIS not ALICE! lol! I think the guy heard it wrong...
I thought your name was Brook?
DaBrookman
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 08:42:22 PM »

Well, it's Brooke but i usually spell it Brook. my last name is Ellis. Yeah I wish I could talk about some of the circumstances regarding the books delay, but I'd get in trouble!
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 08:57:39 PM »

Well, it's Brooke but i usually spell it Brook. my last name is Ellis. Yeah I wish I could talk about some of the circumstances regarding the books delay, but I'd get in trouble!
Do you know anything about Izzy's biography?  I heard that he doesn't have anything to do with it, and I guess that means he doesn't want it out there. 
DaBrookman
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 09:06:23 PM »

I know Izzy wasn't happy about it, that author tried to get Steven and the other guys to interview but they didn't.
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 09:10:11 PM »

I know Izzy wasn't happy about it, that author tried to get Steven and the other guys to interview but they didn't.
Can't Izzy get an injunction?  I mean, it's his personal life, so that would be an invasion of privacy.
DaBrookman
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 10:40:49 PM »

Can't Izzy get an injunction?? I mean, it's his personal life, so that would be an invasion of privacy.

Well, the last time I talked with Izzy about injunctions, neither of us knew anything about them.
I'm just kidding, I've never talked to Izzy. Seriously, tho, I don't know what's happening with that. Hasn't that book been delayed quite a bit?
DaBrookman
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 10:42:46 PM »

Oh, shit! I just saw that custom title! LOL! That's hilarious!
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 05:09:54 AM »

top interview

how ace that they sold out 900 cds before getting to leave the UK!! clearly thats why there weren't many at the bradford gig cos there were so few left!

good signs for the album then, the band really seem to be progressing! and i'm so chuffed they've already got the songs for an album!
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 05:04:41 PM »

Can't Izzy get an injunction?? I mean, it's his personal life, so that would be an invasion of privacy.

Well, the last time I talked with Izzy about injunctions, neither of us knew anything about them.
I'm just kidding, I've never talked to Izzy. Seriously, tho, I don't know what's happening with that. Hasn't that book been delayed quite a bit?
As far as I know, it is available for preorder (maybe order) on some online stores like Amazon.? But from reading the forums, I don't think anyone that has ordered it or preordered it has received it yet.

Well, it doesn't seem like it would be very hard for Izzy to get an injunction.? Or at least to try.? But I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know if it would be possible to get an injunction.?

You know that guy Kevin that was/is going to release those tapes from Rapidfire?? I sent him some emails a few months ago about that, saying that I disapproved of what he was doing.? A friend of mine at the time also emailed him about that, and apparently we were the only two people that had sent him negative emails about what he was doing.?

Here's an article about the legal consequences of publishing unauthorized biographies on famous people/celebrities.  I haven't read this article straight through, but from skimming, things don't look good for Izzy.  From what I understand, basically you can't get an injunction unless something in the writing is false.
http://www.publaw.com/biography.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 05:25:12 PM by a fan » Logged
DaBrookman
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 05:26:43 PM »

Well, this is off the topic a bit, but how the hell does South Park not get sued? They use celebrity liknesses, use their name, and have them do obscene shit! I think you can get away with a lot in the celebrity world. BTW, I'd like to pick up the Rapidfire stuff...
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 05:35:03 PM »

Well, this is off the topic a bit, but how the hell does South Park not get sued? They use celebrity liknesses, use their name, and have them do obscene shit! I think you can get away with a lot in the celebrity world. BTW, I'd like to pick up the Rapidfire stuff...
I think it's like the thing with paparazzi.? When you're famous and you're out in public, you basically give up your right to privacy.? Or like what they do on SNL.? If you are famous, you know that you are going to be parodied.? I think it's just about how far they take it.? Like, if there is already on rumor about someone, they can talk about that rumor or parody it, etc.? But I don't think they could start a rumor or something that would harm someone's reputation.

You can't use slander, but you can parody all you want, basically.

Also, I think the thing at the beginning of South Park serves as a disclaimer.?

But I'd have to look into it to know for sure.

Well, I, personally, wouldn't buy something that the artist hasn't approved or didn't want out.? I didn't buy Greatest Hits, and I'm not buying Izzy's biography either (although I'm very curious about that one).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 05:46:09 PM by a fan » Logged
DaBrookman
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 05:51:12 PM »

Well, I've let curiosity kill all my cats. I think Axl was once proud back in the day that they were the "most bootleged recent band " in history. Picking up stuff like that is the lifeblood of a hardcore fan!
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 05:53:56 PM »

Well, I've let curiosity kill all my cats. I think Axl was once proud back in the day that they were the "most bootleged recent band " in history. Picking up stuff like that is the lifeblood of a hardcore fan!
Well, bootlegs are a different story.  I haven't bought any, although I'd like to.

But if they specifically don't want something out there, or something is being sold and they're not getting any profit (like Greatest Hits), I wouldn't buy it.  That's just the way I am though.  I can see it both ways.
DaBrookman
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 06:57:11 PM »

They get paid for Greatest Hits.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: