Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Kanye West or 50 Cent? Kanye debuts at #1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kanye West or 50 Cent? Kanye debuts at #1  (Read 11965 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 11:32:52 PM »

Kanye sold almost 1 million first week.

957,000!!!!!!!!!!!

And downloading is killin the industry?

Shit music is.

50 cent sold almost 700,000

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »

If Good Life doesn't put a smile on your face... the Good Life music video certainly will... one of the best videos I've seen in a long time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmX9ci9Fczw

i didn't smile smoking

Well, you must lead a sad, depressing life then...  hihi

West's new album ranks 15th among all sales weeks since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking in 1991. The double punch provided by "Graduation" and "Curtis" also marks just the second time in that era that two albums have bowed in the same week with totals surpassing 600,000 copies.

The last such occasion was in September 1991, when Guns N' Roses' "Use Your Illusion II" led The Billboard 200 with 770,000 copies in the same week that the band's companion album "Use Your Illusion I" bowed at No. 2 with 685,000, a pair of numbers now beaten by West and 50's totals.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:04 PM »

Kanye sold almost 1 million first week.

957,000!!!!!!!!!!!

And downloading is killin the industry?

Shit music is.

50 cent sold almost 700,000

the media is. nothing else.

the media and how it shapes the ignorant masses oppinions is what kills the industry or keeps it alive.

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »

the media is. nothing else.

the media and how it shapes the ignorant masses oppinions is what kills the industry or keeps it alive.

Your comment makes no sense.? D said that shit music is killing the music industry, then you replied that the media is responsible for killing the music industry.? Then you followed that up by proclaiming that the media's influence over the "ignorant masses" is what makes or breaks the music industry... the music industry that just had Kanye & 50 to move more copies in their first week than Use Your Illusion 1 & 2.

Did the media shape the ignorant masses opinion to get Norah Jones CD to sell a million copies in her first week a few years back?

D hit it on the money, if the music is something that people really WANT to go out and support, then they will.? The Dave Matthews Band haven't been "in your face" with regards to the media, yet they've existed for over ten years and consistently toured big venues... Sure the media promotes a lot of "bubblegum pop", but that's because the record companies keep dishing them out (IMO to sell CDs to the only market they felt wouldn't be savvy enough to download music, 11-14 year old girls).
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »

Yea crappy music is killing sales ( in the rock genre anyways ) the only cd's I've bought in the past couple years have been the releases from

Velvet Revolver , Foo Fighters , Silvertide and recently Black Stone Cherry

If the music is good I'll dish out the cash no problem , but I sure as hell wont pay for a product that isn't worth it.
GeraldFord
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »

If Good Life doesn't put a smile on your face... the Good Life music video certainly will... one of the best videos I've seen in a long time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmX9ci9Fczw

i didn't smile smoking

Well, you must lead a sad, depressing life then...? hihi

West's new album ranks 15th among all sales weeks since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking in 1991. The double punch provided by "Graduation" and "Curtis" also marks just the second time in that era that two albums have bowed in the same week with totals surpassing 600,000 copies.

The last such occasion was in September 1991, when Guns N' Roses' "Use Your Illusion II" led The Billboard 200 with 770,000 copies in the same week that the band's companion album "Use Your Illusion I" bowed at No. 2 with 685,000, a pair of numbers now beaten by West and 50's totals.

Well, according to Kayne, a black man just can't get a chance...

Imagine if he were white, his album would have sold 15,000,000 copies!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »

its pretty lame how we go from an artist like guns n roses selling major to kanye west.

html sucks
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2007, 07:55:41 PM »

Yea crappy music is killing sales ( in the rock genre anyways ) the only cd's I've bought in the past couple years have been the releases from

If the music is good I'll dish out the cash no problem , but I sure as hell wont pay for a product that isn't worth it.

But you bought Libertad  hihi
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »

Yup and it was worth every cent , bands that put out albums are pretty cool you should check them out!!! I dont live off bands that have internet leaks every couple years , to each is there own  peace
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2007, 02:16:50 PM »

Yup and it was worth every cent , bands that put out albums are pretty cool you should check them out!!! I dont live off bands that have internet leaks every couple years , to each is there own  peace
You enjoy doing this shit, don't you? Why the fuck do you have to take a joke so horribly and bash GN'R thread in a Kanye West/50 Cent thread? Goddamn.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2007, 03:46:21 PM »

oh look!! The VR fan just took a shot at GNR to justify his purchasing of a VR album.    Brilliant stuff!  not expected at all!   When are you going to shock us again?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »

LAS VEGAS - Sour grapes from Kanye West ? again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

The rapper was nomination for five awards, including male artist of the year. This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video.

In a strange way, I like th at about Kanye West.

If nothing else the guy is real, He isnt gonna be PC just for his career. He is gonna be who he is.

He has a new song on his album coming out tuesday called "Good Life" and it is fucking Awesome!

I am gonna pick up the album just for it.
How is a rich man whining about a fucking MTV award "real"?

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
CSS
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »

Yay, no more 50 Cent...

What's next?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »

its pretty lame how we go from an artist like guns n roses selling major to kanye west.

And your problem with Kanye is what exactly? People are going to take what they're given. Kanye is giving them new music, Guns isn't.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »

Um, I heard some new "Guns" music at the concert this year!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »

And your problem with Kanye is what exactly? People are going to take what they're given. Kanye is giving them new music, Guns isn't.

the majority, take what the media tells them to take, not what they have to choose from.

anyway my gripe with that sentence was, there was a time when you get amazing bands like gnr selling big, and now its artists like kanye west, i think thats a pretty sad thing.

html sucks
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »

the majority, take what the media tells them to take, not what they have to choose from.

anyway my gripe with that sentence was, there was a time when you get amazing bands like gnr selling big, and now its artists like kanye west, i think thats a pretty sad thing.

We definitely need more amazing rock bands right now.  I'll agree with you wholeheartedly about that.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »

Damn the media for influencing those ignorant 300,000 people to go pick up the new Reba McEntire album and making it go #1 for her best sales week ever.   hihi

It's sad that rock music isn't what it once was... but I get the feeling you don't know squat about rap / hip hop music which doesn't say much for your opinions on the quality of Kanye West.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »

After debuting at No. 1 last week, Kanye West's Def Jam album "Graduation" falls to No. 2 with 226,000, a sales slide of 76%. 50 Cent's "Curtis" does nearly the same, slipping 2-3 with 143,000 (-79%).

Ouch!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »

Damn the media for influencing those ignorant 300,000 people to go pick up the new Reba McEntire album and making it go #1 for her best sales week ever.   hihi

It's sad that rock music isn't what it once was... but I get the feeling you don't know squat about rap / hip hop music which doesn't say much for your opinions on the quality of Kanye West.

i dont see the need for rap music thats why.

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: