Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 130516 times)
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »

My opinion of U2 is that they rip people songs off from people and are basically an over-rated band. I think people give them too much respect and I also think that Bono and his boys are stuck on themselves.

Now, the're older music was really good but nowdays, I think they suck.

Does anybody else agree with me on this?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »

And breathe out....

Couldn't u have used the half dozen U2 threads for this?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »

I don't really like the band, but I think the songs are great. Mostly the lyrics.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2006, 12:37:12 PM »

I agree. War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle And Hum, Achtung Baby are classic rock albums. But their last two albums sucked. All Bono trying to change the world, not enough great music.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »

I don't like them these days.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »

My opinion of U2 is that they rip people songs off from people

like what exactly?

think people give them too much respect and I also think that Bono and his boys are stuck on themselves.

and axl isnt? everyone has faults and there are plenty of big egos in the rock world

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2006, 03:41:16 PM »

My opinion of U2 is that they rip people songs off from people

like what exactly?

think people give them too much respect and I also think that Bono and his boys are stuck on themselves.

and axl isnt? everyone has faults and there are plenty of big egos in the rock world

Well gee, let's see...
The lead single off of U2's last song was a rip-off of a song by The Offspring. They ripped off a punk band of all.

Axl is so beyond Bono and I didn't even mention the name axl.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2006, 03:50:42 PM »

Acthum baby and Josua Tree are just  drool

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2006, 04:13:04 PM »

Well gee, let's see...
The lead single off of U2's last song was a rip-off of a song by The Offspring. They ripped off a punk band of all.

Axl is so beyond Bono and I didn't even mention the name axl.

well thats quite vague...what songs?...and thats just one youve mentioned...what others?

well...im not sure thats true, u2 has had at least 15 albums released against what? 5 from gnr? and you rarely see a u2 gig cancelled...etc...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2006, 04:18:21 PM »

I actually quite liked Vertigo.......................

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Vertigo is ok, but it sound just like the last 3 albums nothing new

No man can be my equal
Bono
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2006, 10:21:57 PM »

hahahaha!! Vertigo sounds nothing like anything off All That You Can't Leave Behind and especially not like anything off POP and hell no it doesn't sound a damn thing like anything off Zoorpa . Do some homework first before you comment. That was horrible. rofl
badapple81
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2006, 04:35:50 AM »

U2 have postponed their sold out Australian tour due to kick off this month because of an illness to one of the bands family members. Unsure of the details. Hope the family member is all okay.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2006, 11:40:41 AM »

hahahaha!! Vertigo sounds nothing like anything off All That You Can't Leave Behind and especially not like anything off POP and hell no it doesn't sound a damn thing like anything off Zoorpa . Do some homework first before you comment. That was horrible. rofl

Really? ATYCLB sounds like Vertigo I know that, there are songs that have the same clich? thing about the 3 last albums I was just exagerating. I was talking only about Leave behind  Tongue

No man can be my equal
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2006, 01:40:10 PM »

ATYCLB is far more soft rock than vertigo, so I don?t know whatyou?re talking about... Vertigo is shit though, a song made for radio airplay... This new album has sooo many songs better than vertigo. Some will soon be U2 classiscs, like Sometimes You Cant Make it On Your Own, Miracle Drug, City of Bliding Lights, Original of the Species

However, this album just doesnt come close to the likes of Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and War... It?s not their best, as Bono has said
Bono
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2006, 05:02:52 PM »

ATYCLB is far more soft rock than vertigo, so I don?t know whatyou?re talking about... Vertigo is shit though, a song made for radio airplay... This new album has sooo many songs better than vertigo. Some will soon be U2 classiscs, like Sometimes You Cant Make it On Your Own, Miracle Drug, City of Bliding Lights, Original of the Species

However, this album just doesnt come close to the likes of Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and War... It?s not their best, as Bono has said

That's intersting Eduardo. I personally feel How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is U2's second best album. Mind you I've had just over a year to soak it in but I honestly feel the only U2 album better is Achtung Baby. I'd rank Joshua Tree 3rd and personally I feel War is their weakest album. As for Vertigo I actually really like the song. It definately kicks ass live, but you are right about the other songs becoming classics. Or at least should be classics. City of Blinding Lights is amazing and Sometimes You Can't Make it On You Own is the only song that I actually shed a tear over. Original of the Species is fantastic and even Love and Peace or Else has become an epic live performance on the Vertigo tour.

Bono
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2006, 05:04:11 PM »

U2 have postponed their sold out Australian tour due to kick off this month because of an illness to one of the bands family members. Unsure of the details. Hope the family member is all okay.

yeah it's a  shitty ting. It';s belived that the edge's daughter is abttleing leukemia but that is not confirmed. They're pretty tight lipped about it. Hoepfully everything works out. Also the start of the tour was also delayed one month due to this.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2006, 09:53:57 AM »

I was talking about the thing I said in the other thread  nervous
Man I am confused  confused

No man can be my equal
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2006, 04:05:42 PM »

who gives a crap about u2? lock this thread.

Live N' Let Die
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »

That's intersting Eduardo. I personally feel How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is U2's second best album. Mind you I've had just over a year to soak it in but I honestly feel the only U2 album better is Achtung Baby. I'd rank Joshua Tree 3rd and personally I feel War is their weakest album. As for Vertigo I actually really like the song. It definately kicks ass live, but you are right about the other songs becoming classics. Or at least should be classics. City of Blinding Lights is amazing and Sometimes You Can't Make it On You Own is the only song that I actually shed a tear over. Original of the Species is fantastic and even Love and Peace or Else has become an epic live performance on the Vertigo tour.

its definitely a great album but nothing beats Achtung Baby. The Joshua Tree and All That You Can't Leave behind are good too.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: