Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Am I pathetic or what?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I pathetic or what?  (Read 43643 times)
Jada
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »

You sound depressed and you should probably see a doctor about it before it gets even worse.  Undecided
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »

Yeah I tried to make it better as a matter of fact  Shocked I had a friend, we we're never best buddies in the world he had other friends the types who hassled me at school etc. So I tried to be cool with him we played some footie together and stuff. And I helped him with his schoolwork from time to time. I dropped out after 9nth grade but he was in high school. Everything was cool almost exactly until he graduated... I have never heard of him since. There was another old friend(a dropout like me) who I tried to get along and things were also quite okay untile he grew like 3 inches taller in a year and got a girlfriend, then he started to think it wasn't cool to hang out with me anymore. The last I saw him was when I loaned him money, not much, but I haven't seen him since either.

About getting a girl, well I'm 5,7, wear glasses and I'm not good looking either. Girls usually laugh at me and say something like "there goes "that" guy". I guess that I'm not confident enough either, but well how could I be after years of rejection?

I don't know about the eyes, my vision just keeps getting worse. Has been getting since I was in the 1'st grade.

You might think you're not good looking but they'll be people with different opinions,with such low confidence you're bound to feel that way.I suffer from low confidence aswell so know what it's like.About the glasses,could you not wear contact lenses?I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't cos i don't think they suit me.I just have to keep squinting my eyes when i'm trying to look at something far away lol
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »

Yeah I tried to make it better as a matter of fact  Shocked I had a friend, we we're never best buddies in the world he had other friends the types who hassled me at school etc. So I tried to be cool with him we played some footie together and stuff. And I helped him with his schoolwork from time to time. I dropped out after 9nth grade but he was in high school. Everything was cool almost exactly until he graduated... I have never heard of him since. There was another old friend(a dropout like me) who I tried to get along and things were also quite okay untile he grew like 3 inches taller in a year and got a girlfriend, then he started to think it wasn't cool to hang out with me anymore. The last I saw him was when I loaned him money, not much, but I haven't seen him since either.

About getting a girl, well I'm 5,7, wear glasses and I'm not good looking either. Girls usually laugh at me and say something like "there goes "that" guy". I guess that I'm not confident enough either, but well how could I be after years of rejection?

I don't know about the eyes, my vision just keeps getting worse. Has been getting since I was in the 1'st grade.

You might think you're not good looking but they'll be people with different opinions,with such low confidence you're bound to feel that way.I suffer from low confidence aswell so know what it's like.About the glasses,could you not wear contact lenses?I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't cos i don't think they suit me.I just have to keep squinting my eyes when i'm trying to look at something far away lol

Ive learned people generally dont notice as much as you think they do. People always assume they are the the center of the universe and that everyone in the world takes notice of their every imperfection. this is definitely not the case. the truth is people are too busy worrying about themselves.

I started university a couple years ago and it was far away from where I live. Ive had the same core group of friends since kindergarten and now I was completely separated from all of them.

It was here that I realized I had no idea how to meet new people because I never had to before. It sucked for the first week or two but I forced myself out of my comfort zone and started making new friends. It felt uncomfortable at first but now Ive met some really interesting people.

If you are uncomfortable and awkward, it will make other people feel the same way around you

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2008, 02:09:12 PM »

I am 18 and I have never even kissed a girl, infact they just laugh at me. I have practically no friends. The ones that I have laugh at me behind my back. I have been bullied from like second grade and cause of that I started skipping school and my grades slipped , I don't even know how I managed to graduate from the ninth grade.... I am addicted to the perscription pills and without them I am so insecure and edgy that I practically can't leave the house. Thats probably the result of me getting bullied alot. I am only 169cm/5,7 tall and wear glasses. This is not a joke I must be the most pathetic GN'R fan ever  no

Get your GED (High School Diploma).

Get to college.

It all gets MUCH better from there, IMHO.  In HS, you play all the petty, crappy, social politic games.  A whole lot of that goes away when you get to college....all those social castes that got built up over the ensuing 12+ years get blown to hell.  And it becomes a whole lot less about what you look like, what sports you play, and what clothes you wear and a whole lot more about what you bring to the table as a person.   I know...it sounds cliche'.  But it's certainly holds water with what I've seen and experienced.  Ditto if you're hanging with the "townies".....you'll almost always be pigeonholed by many of those who "knew you back then"...until you rape their expectations of you.

Oh, and on the drugs:  If you're getting them from a therapist, stick with them til they tell you to stop.  If you're taking them for recreation (and want to stop) or are self medicating...get some help and talk to a professional.  It'll help...tons. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 02:12:27 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »

If your body really is so bad it's not usable for anything adorable you can always create art or focus on other adorable values Smiley
There's nothing wrong with my body, I work out everyday. I'm short not fat or weak. But I'd rather be tall and fat.

And I will never get the HS Diploma until they make math optional(which will never happen ofcourse). I mean everything else is like a freaking walk in a park and bam! ultra-complicated stuff that you never need in real life anyway, well maybe except in some specific line of work. I have taken extra classes and stuff but it didn't help much. It was a miracle that I was able to finish 9nth grade at all. And most of my other grades were fives or fours(As or Bs). I fucking hate math  Angry

This   is   Democracy!!!
GeraldFord
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »

I am 18 and I have never even kissed a girl, infact they just laugh at me. I have practically no friends. The ones that I have laugh at me behind my back. I have been bullied from like second grade and cause of that I started skipping school and my grades slipped , I don't even know how I managed to graduate from the ninth grade.... I am addicted to the perscription pills and without them I am so insecure and edgy that I practically can't leave the house. Thats probably the result of me getting bullied alot. I am only 169cm/5,7 tall and wear glasses. This is not a joke I must be the most pathetic GN'R fan ever  no

Relax man...your day will come. Try to find something of interest where you can meet other people--maybe a club at school or do some charity work.
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »

There are people who can help you with Math. I failed Math until I stopped telling myself I hated it, and started putting in the effort. It is easy once you get the hang of it, I promise. Just stop seeing it as this huge problem.

As for the other stuff - wearing glasses doesn't make you ugly.

If you don't come across as awkward or needy people would stop treating you that way.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »

Get your GED (High School Diploma).

Get to college.

It all gets MUCH better from there, IMHO.  In HS, you play all the petty, crappy, social politic games.  A whole lot of that goes away when you get to college....all those social castes that got built up over the ensuing 12+ years get blown to hell.  And it becomes a whole lot less about what you look like, what sports you play, and what clothes you wear and a whole lot more about what you bring to the table as a person.   I know...it sounds cliche'.  But it's certainly holds water with what I've seen and experienced.  Ditto if you're hanging with the "townies".....you'll almost always be pigeonholed by many of those who "knew you back then"...until you rape their expectations of you.

Oh, and on the drugs:  If you're getting them from a therapist, stick with them til they tell you to stop.  If you're taking them for recreation (and want to stop) or are self medicating...get some help and talk to a professional.  It'll help...tons. 

Pilferk is right...as usual.  Read his post and re-read his post until it sinks in.  Good luck.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2008, 11:08:46 PM »

have you at least kissed a girl yet?

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

Since he's writing this kind of things in a forum is the most pathetic guy on Earth (sorry, don't want to offense but that's what I see)

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2008, 01:26:27 AM »

If your body really is so bad it's not usable for anything adorable you can always create art or focus on other adorable values Smiley
There's nothing wrong with my body, I work out everyday. I'm short not fat or weak. But I'd rather be tall and fat.

And I will never get the HS Diploma until they make math optional(which will never happen ofcourse). I mean everything else is like a freaking walk in a park and bam! ultra-complicated stuff that you never need in real life anyway, well maybe except in some specific line of work. I have taken extra classes and stuff but it didn't help much. It was a miracle that I was able to finish 9nth grade at all. And most of my other grades were fives or fours(As or Bs). I fucking hate math  Angry

that doesn't sound so pathetic to me.

I'm 5,9 myself, my friend is 5,6 and it's sure was a barrel of fun when he pressed a guy who tried to fight me to a wall.

Just the look of it, since the guy was taller than 5,9

Also my friend would've had a ton of girls if he wouldn't be so wasted late at night.

Then again he's seeing someone so it doesn't mind.

EDIT: rocksteady, post your pic so we can close the are you ugly chapter
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:29:30 AM by Sin Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »

have you at least kissed a girl yet?
Nope.
Since he's writing this kind of things in a forum is the most pathetic guy on Earth (sorry, don't want to offense but that's what I see)
Well yeah I suppose..     But I don't cut myself, that's something positive.

EDIT: rocksteady, post your pic so we can close the are you ugly chapter
I honestly have only one pic of myself in my comp and that's about 5 years old. I  had a lot of pimples and zits
then and I have changed overall a bit too I guess. Besides what if someone recognizes me? I would be in even more trouble. Yeah i'ts cowards talk I know, but I guess I am one then. Although it's not very probable that I someone I know is checking out these boards. One of the reasons I have never fitted in I guess, most people I know listen to trance, while my favourite bands are most always been, GN'R, Metallica, Nirvana, RATM, The Offspring, Pantera, Smashing Pumpkins etc.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:01:42 AM by Rocksteady » Logged

This   is   Democracy!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.  You just gotta work through them.  I know the low self esteem doesn't help you in that department, but you gotta find a way to tough it out.  Ruts are REALLY not fun to be stuck in, Smiley

Is there opportunity for "extra help" or taking a more remedial level in math, just to get your degree?  Considering your grades, otherwise, I'm thinking you can find some support services that would get you through the worst of it.  Heck, in our school, you could substitute things like accounting for the "strict maths" like algebra and calc...not sure if they allow that in your neck of the woods.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »

Fuck it here's my ugly mug, just remember it's about 5 years old pic. And I don't know what the hell is with those white kinda areas on my face, light perhaps kinda falling from a weird angle. Can't remember maybe it was something else.

Me in all my Gory.

This   is   Democracy!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2008, 09:27:43 AM »

wtf, you're a liar  rant that aint an ugly bro!  Cheesy

that guy has intense eyes and pretty much perfect fkn eyebrows

fuck i had worse acne problems when i was like 10-15
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »

And you r the exact kind of person who makes him feel the way he does.  Someone reaches out to others and that makes him pathetic, and your sorry for being spineless I know Roll Eyes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »

wtf i thought you would be hideous from the way you described yourself hihi

i had skin like that when i was 16-17 and even though its more or less clear now, im still really self concious about it. i freak out every time i get a single zit so i know how you feel.

after seeing your pic though your problem is your attitude 100% cuz theres nothing wrong with your appearance yes

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2008, 11:16:26 AM »

Fuck it here's my ugly mug, just remember it's about 5 years old pic. And I don't know what the hell is with those white kinda areas on my face, light perhaps kinda falling from a weird angle. Can't remember maybe it was something else.

Me in all my Gory.
Personally I don't find you unatractive at all. I think you need to do some soul searching. Try to find out what it is that will make you feel better about yourself, starting with what you feel is your worst issue, work your way down the list, no matter what it takes to conquer your worst feelings, make it your goal and your only goal to overcome each and every one, one day at a time.  Only you and you alone have the power to make change over yourself, you are responsible for you, you have to find the strength to fix what you are not liking, and you must circle yourself around the most positive people, for they will help give you strength to help you find what ever it is you are searching for.  In the end, hopefully you will have conquered all your demons.

As far as your education is concerned, college is most definately a more mature atmosphere where people are not there to play the drama game. You might think about trying that route if indeed you would like to finish educating yourself, and that in itself will take a load of pressure off you.  You musn't sit at home and do nothing except think, I would be miserable doing that myself, you may find trying to get out and circulate will offer you less time to think about negative issues you feel you are facing.

As mentioned previously, If you are under a docs care for meds, stick with it, if you r not comfortable with the treatment you are recieving and are not feeling any better, there are other meds, one will work for you, and there is also always a second opinions, they don't hurt either.  If you r just addicted to meds off of the street, well let my say that that is probably one of your major issues, as you are hiding behind a mask daily, self medicating will only make your pain worse, especially as they are probably downers, get away from that it is not doing you any favors.

Last but not least I wish you lots of luck in the future, and I hope you find whatever it is you are searching for. Wink

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

Dude. Ok. I'm a cougar and I would do you in a heartbeat but I have a husband and kids now. You are depressed because you don't have direction in your life and you think everyone else's direction is pointed at you.

Get your GED - truthfully unless you come from billions of dollars, it is really going to matter. Screw math - first off you can get a tutor, second, if you combine all the grades together, I don't think math will affect your overall GPA by that much in order to screw you out of graduating. You will be sooo pissed at your self if you don't do this.

Go to a trade school - explore your interests. You don't have to go into higher education at a college - there are so many other things you could do.

And screw people who judge you based on your looks - maybe they are talking about the fact that you dropped out - not that you are bad looking. The best revenge is success. You should go back and get the damn GED.

There is way more to a person than looks. I had to take super baby deforming drug Accutance because my acne was so bad, I started to get pock marks but didn't want that to happen so I took the chance of going on this drug to get rid of the acne - I had to do it twice!!!! And it took me another ten years to get lasik surgery so I wouldn't have to wear my glasses anymore but I never did mind them - I got sick of them breaking when I got drunk.

and you need to find some new friends in your area that like the kinds of things you like - everyone here is right - get out and get in. I can't believe you cannot find friends who like the same music? All the bands you named are pretty killer.

And finally, get off the prescription meds - they are a mask - you are hiding from yourself - they are downers and they are really damn dangerous - I know a friend whose daughter mixed one pain killer with alcohol and died. The friend was devastated. The truth is we really don't know how strong our bodies are really and you don't want to test the limits one day and have someone find you without a pulse. I am learning a lot about how drugs effect your body and you really don't want to mess.

Everyone here is right - don't listen to negativity - Jarmo won't allow it - and take the advice. And then please let us know how you are doing. You can't say it won't work unless you try and you can't try if you sit and complain or feel sorry for yourself.

Seriously, dude, at your age now, I bet you are sizzin peace

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »

I'm hot and I'd bang you, Rocksteady. You're not ugly at all.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: