Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Re: HTGTH Democracy starts now
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: HTGTH Democracy starts now  (Read 3359 times)
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« on: April 01, 2007, 08:56:33 AM »

This is rather interesting I must say, I mean, all I've ever wanted....ever...is to have a site where there is the sharing of ideas and information from the band to the fans. I have never, ever, come across a situation where the nearest thing to the bands official forum is being used for rounding up so called troublemakers and asking who should be shunned? Youre right, I will go other places, and remain here...but Guns N' Roses as a band have a responsibility (since they have cast themselves into the public light, have not refused the press coverage they have recieved since 1985 and released 5 studio albums and played on mammoth tours since the late 80s in which they have advertised to people that they want their hard earned money in exchange for admission/salvation) to simply be more open with the fans and if they dont release an album (which they obviously havent) at least an update on the process on a regular basis would be nice

The way I see it, its alright when they're taking fans money for cds and tickets and merchandise, its alright when the fans are being forced to stand outside in the freezing cold or hot summer evenings for hours because the band havent appeared onstage yet and the last bus has just left and its alright to deprive the fans of a studio album for the past 14yrs despite continuing to stay in the public eye and perform/release/leak new and old tracks since 1999 but yet when it comes to openess, when it comes to unity between the band and the fans, thats when we can fuck off because we're not getting an album, a single, an ep, a download that the band has said isnt illegal and/or a demo version, a live album, a live dvd or even a bloody video since 1994 and thats unacceptable to treat fans that way, unless of course youre an 80s nostagia act, and come to think of it even the LA Guns released a live album in 2006!

But you'll prob delete this post, because after all, this is a democracy right?

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 10:11:13 AM »

In all fairness though, if you get too frustrated with the bullshit, you can just quit following the band.  Axl even suggested that pissed off fans do that in his "open letter."

Or you can stick around, not take it too seriously, and enjoy a few laughs at the absurdity of it all. 

I like to laugh.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:51:11 AM »

this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen. this site really has become a joke, poeple need to grow up
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »

This is lame.... the jokes on us... we are the biggest gnr forum yet we as members arent allowed to speak about anything to do with the band. Anything relevant to the current situation anyway.

When I saw the title of this thread for a second i thought it could be some amazing news... but obviously not....

Well..we've tried everything to make everyone respect the rules with no results. Some of these posters are still a pain in the ass.

But hey, if you don't like it, you can always go elsewhere...

I do go elswhere, i think we all do.

Yes I appreciate Jarmos hands are tied... but if I was in his position... having built this forum and site and having attracted the masses to sign up. I wouldnt then 'sell out' and just ban and threaten to ban people who talk about the matters we want to talk about.

Obviously posting leaks and other copyrighted material is a no no... but preventing us from even mentioning these leaks is outa order.

In any case, you cant ban people. They will simply sign up under new names and via different IPs.

This place is no longer a discussion forum. Its just a site which ocassionally gets the latest official news but at the cost of preventing us from speaking about anything else.
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 12:12:03 PM »

...Ooor you can come up with various internet-aliases, waste countless hours of your life trying to annoy people that you'll never meet face to face, and be pathetic enough to actually pride yourself on being the "Andy Kaufman of the Guns N' Roses internet community".

I'm just sayin'. I voted for WAT-EVER, myself.
Edward Rose
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 01:44:28 PM »

Obviously posting leaks and other copyrighted material is a no no... but preventing us from even mentioning these leaks is outa order.

I disagree.

Simply MENTIONING a leak at this bb causes some people to seek out the leak in a situation where they otherwise would not have known about it. And just because the leak is being discussed at other bb's doesn't change the fact that simply MENTIONING a leak at this bb causes people to seek it out in a situation where they otherwise would not have known about it.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »

Andy Kaufman is funny.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »

I disagree.

Simply MENTIONING a leak at this bb causes some people to seek out the leak in a situation where they otherwise would not have known about it. And just because the leak is being discussed at other bb's doesn't change the fact that simply MENTIONING a leak at this bb causes people to seek it out in a situation where they otherwise would not have known about it.

Jeez the news of the leaks spreads uncontrollably through the GnR community, regardless of this sites zero tolerance rules on them.

If there was a release date for the record them I wouldnt ruin the surprise of hearing the final cut of Maddy. But we dont have a date. So until then I like many other fans will continue to enjoy the odd leak.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »

Well, I just posted in the OP asking how anyone could read jarmo's post, see the date, and NOT know it was a joke...

I guess now I have my answer.

Roll Eyes

Really......there are plenty of decaf brands that taste just as good as the real thing.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 11:34:20 AM »

Really......there are plenty of decaf brands that taste just as good as the real thing.

Have you ever had that dream where girls were throwing tiny pickles at you? Or is that just me?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

Nananananana, hey hey hey, goodbye, goodbye, we won't miss ya at all, noooo nooo ooohhhhhhhh.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: