Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:03:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Not to be an asshole but....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not to be an asshole but....  (Read 3271 times)
growler
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 23, 2007, 03:20:42 AM »

First off I know long time members, moderators and you Jarmo are very sensitive to those who criticize axl, the new GNR, and especially axl.. so the last thing I want to do is piss you all off but...As a TRUE GNR fan I am disappointed for the folks who live on the west coast of the great United States of America.  For GNR to cancel their shows not only in 02 but in 06 also must be a heartbreaker for them.  Their reason for canceling the 2002 show seemed obsured; the reason for canceling the 06 shows seemed legit.  They were going to finish Chinese democracy, get the new band members involved in the album and resume touring after the album was released.  Now I am not complaining that they are kicking ass once again all over the globe....but WHY DIDNT THEY PLAY THE SHOWS OUT WEST IN 06 THAT THEY COMMITED TO, AN RENIGED ON FOR BULLSHIT REASONS.  Here they are now 8 months later with no new album playing the same set list since 2002.  Don?t get me wrong, it?s great that they are tearing up half the world now, but why didn?t they make good on there COMMITMENT to play the west coast in 2002 and especially 2006.  IF GNR AND AXL MAKE A COMMITMENT TO PLAY SOMEWHERE THEY DO OWE THE FANS THAT MUCH, sorry Jarmo for having an opinion, ban be now.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 03:24:48 AM »

While you have a good point about doing make-up shows for the west coast people who's shows were cancelled, if they were to do that people would expect a full NA tour- ie. the east coast people would want shows too.
And you never know, they might announce a few shows there a bit later.
I was lucky, I was visiting the west coast then and was planning to go to the Reno show!
gnr157
Headliner

Goodnight Tonight

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 04:22:22 AM »

As a west coaster I would say that we have had a decent amount of shows, not to mention a majority of small venue shows over the past several years.  5 vegas shows plus 2 SF shows.  Plus the bigger LA shows.  While expensive, especially the Vegas gigs, there has been ample opportunity to see GNR. 

suicide
VIP

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:44:20 AM »

As a west coaster I would say that we have had a decent amount of shows, not to mention a majority of small venue shows over the past several years.? 5 vegas shows plus 2 SF shows.? Plus the bigger LA shows.? While expensive, especially the Vegas gigs, there has been ample opportunity to see GNR.?
That's not really true now is it? I'm sure you were able to see GN'R several times on the 2006 tour, but not everyone can see them more than once on their tour. So I guess it's only fair for the people who were to attend a cancelled show to get another chance.
And we still don't know why the 2006 tour had to end so suddenly. What was the rush back then? Why did they have to get back to finish Chinese Democracy and then why isn't the album out yet?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:12:53 AM »

FYI: Axl doesn't cancel shows for bullshit reasons.

If a show is unfortunately canceled, there's a good reason for it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »

FYI: Axl doesn't cancel shows for bullshit reasons.

If a show is unfortunately canceled, there's a good reason for it.

/jarmo

rofl

i don't think that every show cancelled was cancelled for good reason, but some did have very good reason so........i'll agree ok..........................somewhat

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:18:53 AM »

What you think is not always based on facts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 01:13:47 PM »

i'm not saying that there was no reason for any of them to be cancelled but some had nothing to be cancelled for. Now i can't name any mainly cause i can't remember them, BUT i do remember hearing from Dee Snider himself that a concert promoter or someone like that put a gun to Axls head to get him on stage. Now i only heard that on THE HOUSE OF HAIR and no where else but Dee has some conections he's like a human version of Blabbermouth.net.

and what about holding up a concert for a lamb dinner?

anyway i'm done arguing at least they're touring again and CHINESE DEMOCRACY is around the corner ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »

i'm not saying that there was no reason for any of them to be cancelled but some had nothing to be cancelled for. Now i can't name any mainly cause i can't remember them, BUT i do remember hearing from Dee Snider himself that a concert promoter or someone like that put a gun to Axls head to get him on stage. Now i only heard that on THE HOUSE OF HAIR and no where else but Dee has some conections he's like a human version of Blabbermouth.net.

anyway i'm done arguing at least they're touring again and CHINESE DEMOCRACY is around the corner ok

Please tell me you're joking? If you actually believe this crap is true then god help you man! That is such bullshit its not even funny.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 09:35:19 PM »

Everything happens  for a reason. Concert  tours  do not get  canceled  for no  reason. Just because we don't know the reason  does not mean that there was none.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 09:51:50 PM »

Has this thread replaced "I'm not a whinger but......"?  Wink

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 11:27:27 PM »

Please tell me you're joking? If you actually believe this crap is true then god help you man! That is such bullshit its not even funny.

its just what i heard man, i don't think its bullshit nor do i fully believe it because if some one woulda put a gun to Axls head then i think that little tidbit of info would be every where. At that time

and the lamb dinner thing was true (or so i thought) It was on Blabbermouth and every other basher site on the net. plus when i said it Jarmo didn't correct me and if i'm wrong he would've corrected me by now. Wink

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 04:45:07 AM »

What's the problem anyway, they barely cancelled any shows in 2006 (especially in comparisement with 2002) if you wanted to see GNR THAT badly, you might've aswell drove to another place in North America where they did do shows.

And don't believe everything Dee Snider (out of all people) has to say, he's a walking gossip machine.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 09:29:06 PM »

That's what  he does. At least someone  is gossiping.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: