Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 05:54:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227948 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 38561 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2006, 01:09:01 AM »

listening to songs 5,000,000 times does that hihi peace

Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2006, 01:35:42 AM »

umm i think the appetite and illusions stuff is getting old
Good music never gets old, it just gets better with all the shit that is released now days!

Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2006, 01:38:47 AM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? I love the leaked tracks personally. Its gets me pumped for new G'n'R material. Youtube.com has " I.R.S" and ?" T.W.A.T" in a video by a fan. Its f-ckin fantastic by the way. If that guy is here and you did that...awesome job.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? I have to say the track thats making me really ponder what the hell Axl is thinking is a track i found called : Just Another Sunday. ?Jesus....thats bad. I can see what he was going for but I just can't feel it.

godiva
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »

Just another sunday was recorded somewhere in the 80s. What you said about that track is probably the reason it never made an album. Just wasn't good enough.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2006, 01:44:41 AM »

Just another sunday was recorded somewhere in the 80s. What you said about that track is probably the reason it never made an album. Just wasn't good enough.

Thank god. I found it and it had " Chinese Democracy " on it. Of course I just heard it for the 1st time ever so I had no clue if it was a new leaked track or not.
badapple81
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2006, 01:50:39 AM »

I listen to Better many times each day and TWAT and IRS a few times each day. CITR maybe once.

They were perfect.. just enough to keep us going until this upcoming tour.

Im really glad nothing else leaked. There is no need to leak anything now with the tour coming up.
godiva
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2006, 01:54:02 AM »

Old? Oh no, I still listen to them every day! Besides, we do have quite a lot to choose from: IRS, Better, TWAT, CITR.... I don't listen to IRS much, but CITR and Better get a bit of time each and every day  ok I am waiting for those NY boots though. I would love for them to play Better live. Wonder how it's going to sound without Bucket (nope, still don't believe he would be back).
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2006, 01:55:01 AM »

? ? ? ? ? " The Blues " is a good track. Anyone heard that one ? Its a real old one. But I always enjoyed it.
Sephiroth Yuppie
Headliner

« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2006, 01:59:48 AM »

I like them all.
They haven't got really old since they are so different from each other.
But then I still listen to all the old stuff also, and I never have gotten tired of it.
 peace beer
godiva
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2006, 02:00:54 AM »

Blues is one of my favourites too. Always try to sing along with that one, but I can't carry a tune (sorry for fucking up your song, GNR). I have it on my MP3, but I can't remember which show my version is from. I think I have the Boston one  Huh Anyway, I prefer this version over the one in RIR3 (okay, nevermind .... that just bugs me, takes me out of the song). I hope they'll play it again.

Hm, I wonder which GNR track has gotten old over the years for me.  Huh
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2006, 06:19:34 AM »

The Leaks are getting old?!  Shocked NEVER

The night when the news broke that tracks leaked, I spent hours trying to find the best quality leaks I could get, demo and live tracks. I burnt them onto a CD and haven't stopped listening to them since.

The best of the best songs though? IRS, TWAT, Better, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy

I've slowed down listening to Catcher, Blues...I love those songs, but there are better offerings.

And of course...I only listen to SilkWorms to remind myself that everyone makes mistakes  love

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2006, 06:36:30 AM »

I still listen to Better and CITR all the time and IRS is starting to grow on me now. I like TWAT but I just can't get into it for some reason.

I'm the exact opposite in a way. CITR is just now growing on me, I feel like you do about TWAT towards this song. I like the shorter version of TWAT overall (about 5mins) but I still love the tune though. CITR is growing on me more everytime I hear it, but I still only listen to it like once every other week or so.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2006, 06:58:20 AM »

We don't need any more leaks, we need a CD in our hands for cryin' out loud!!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2006, 07:03:38 AM »

I only listen to the leaks. at least 20 times per day.
I love em. I gave em to many people, and most of them are amazed.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2006, 07:23:38 AM »

On the new edition of "Talking Metal" (episode 54), they report that Dizzy said everybody in the GNR camp are very pleased the fans like the leaked demos, but that those versions are NOT those which gonna appear on the record. The final versions will have will be different, probably re-worked and re-recorded for some of them (maybe all of them). I think it was just a little preview, a test. And the feedback was positive.
Personally I have the feeling the Buckethead stuff may not be on the record, and that the final tracks will have different solos. That's just the feeling I have, and that's also what I wish obviously. After all, that would be logical. Now Buckethead may be on the record, but I highly doubt he will be all over the new record. That will not be a Buckethead record, those who think he will be everywhere are wrong I think. I think Robin will be everywhere, Richard will have his good times too, maybe Axl will play a couple of rythm and a few solos too + Brian May (maybe).
But overall, I think the record will reflect the current line-up, not the line-up of 3, 4 or 8 years ago.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 07:27:51 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2006, 07:29:21 AM »

We don't know, plans change everytime. They said it last year, but the truth of today is maybe not the truth of last year. Don't take what I say as a fact, I don't pretend to own "the truth", I just give my impression. Maybe he will still be on the record, but much less than some people think, especially since his departure. Why would the band make him shine on this so important record if he screwed-up the band?
We may have the answers in 13 days.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 08:12:46 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2006, 07:57:12 AM »

The problem with this thread is if you get bored of the leaks then I wonder how long it'll take for those who are to get bored of the actual album...

We never know. Demos can develop quite a lot.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2006, 08:10:39 AM »

nonne of the new songs boots and leaks are old yet. i play them every day and am not sick of them maddy kicks ass!

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2006, 08:26:08 AM »

We don't know, plans change everytime. They said it last year, but the truth of today is maybe not the truth of last year. Don't take what I say as a fact, I don't pretend to own "the truth", I just give my impression. Maybe he will still be on the record, but much less than some people think, especially since his departure. Why would the band make him shine on this so important record if he screwed-up the band?
We may have the answers in 13 days.

I always thought that too, but I'm hoping that things have changed since they made that statement. As for the 13 days, I'm hoping for that to be so as well!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »

We need some new leaks

No. We need Chinese Democracy.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: