Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:59:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 38297 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2006, 10:35:30 PM »

think so. mandy's trying to confuse us americans.

Just because us Americans are stupider than the rest of the world doesn't give them the right to pick on us
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »

I still love them all and think that finished songs on a CD will sounds even more incredible
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2006, 11:58:34 PM »

I don't think so.  Better is one of the most interesting songs I've heard in a long time, it's a really complex piece of music.  IRS is a rocker that's grown on me more and more, I don't think any of the songs has grown old, not for me anyway
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2006, 11:59:48 PM »

Yeah, I get bored with a song only after about 10 listens. With Better, on iTunes, my play count is 176 and counting. I can't get enough of it.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2006, 12:10:15 AM »

i still listen to better about 15 times a day  Cry fuckin incredible song. and twat like about 5.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2006, 12:27:38 AM »

Just previewed a bit of Maddy live from Boston, and all of Better for a co-worker today at the end of lunch.  Very impressed.  It's so cool to see the head-bobbing on a first listen.  Better is so fucking catchy it's scary!

beer

I can't wait to be at the "Miracle on 34th Street!"   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2006, 02:06:40 AM »

Im really hoping better will be released as a single because I really think loads of people (not necessarily rockers) will really take to it although I could see alot of club type places mucking around with it and ruining it. The song will hopefully be able to draw everyone to buy the CD. My little bro even wants it on his computer and he doesnt even like Guns N Roses
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2007, 11:50:55 PM »

Hope I'm not cramping anyones style by bumping this thread, but its been over a year since the question was posed:

Do the new songs still hold up? Are you still listening to them as much as the day you first heard them?  Do you find yourself listening to AFD more then the new tunes?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »

The new tunes are great.

But I do think some of the novelty has worn off a little. But that happens with any new album from a fav artist....you love it cos its so new and so familiar at the same time...and then it just becomes like a good friend.

Myself I find i'm listening to more of the rockers from UYI these days. Like i get my AFD fix at the shows and boots, and then I'm getting the leaks for the ballads....but I feel the urge to crank like "perfect crime" and "right next door to hell" pretty often!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2007, 11:59:02 PM »

Hope I'm not cramping anyones style by bumping this thread, but its been over a year since the question was posed:

Do the new songs still hold up? Are you still listening to them as much as the day you first heard them?? Do you find yourself listening to AFD more then the new tunes?
I wake up to AFD every morning my alarm goes off. ?That's been the case ever since the leaks came out a year and a half ago or so. ?I listened to the "new songs" a bunch when the first "came out", then again this May. ?Not as much any more. ?I still like them just as much, I just wish we'd have the official versions sometime soon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2007, 12:11:13 AM »

Do the new songs still hold up? Are you still listening to them as much as the day you first heard them? Do you find yourself listening to AFD more then the new tunes?
You bet they hold up, and once you see them live they are even better.
Saw both Melbourne shows 15th & 16th best song for me was Chinese Democracy on the 15th that rocked and was absolutely the highlight of the shows for me. Madagascar, The Blues and Better were fantastic live aswell. Better was my highlight until Chi Dem came on, that song was just so powerfull live it blew me away.

Can't remember the last time I listened to Appetite, been listening to the new tunes too much hihi

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2007, 03:07:27 AM »

I listen to the the new songs way more than I listen to Apetite, after all it's a 20 year old album. Some of the leaks I've only heard for 6 years ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2007, 03:30:09 AM »

I don't listen to them much anymore, probably out of not wanting to ruin it when the album does actually come out.? As for hearing them live though......IRS totally owns live.? It was probably my least favorite of the leaks, but hearing it live..it has so much more power and drive to it.? I didn't think Better came off too well live at the show I was at, but still good nonetheless.? IRS was simply awesome though.? I hope the final version is tweaked to the live versions energy.? Chinese Democracy was also really great live.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »

I listen to the the new songs way more than I listen to Apetite, after all it's a 20 year old album. Some of the leaks I've only heard for 6 years ok

Appetite's not even gotten old for me...  Neither have the Illusions or (some of) TSI...  The leaks are the only thing keeping me hanging on!  Honestly can't say I'd be paying attention if I hadn't at least gotten that little taste of the new stuff...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2007, 01:31:11 AM »

Appetite's not even gotten old for me...? Neither have the Illusions or (some of) TSI...? The leaks are the only thing keeping me hanging on!? Honestly can't say I'd be paying attention if I hadn't at least gotten that little taste of the new stuff...
Yeah, I can honestly say I've never been sick of ANY GNR song because I heard them too much.  In my opinion there's no such thing as hearing a GNR song too much.  I still love all the leaks (listening to them right now in fact), but I like to pace myself.  Haven't listened to them in over a week, I've got some catching up to do.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2007, 02:29:50 AM »

Do the new songs still hold up? Are you still listening to them as much as the day you first heard them?  Do you find yourself listening to AFD more then the new tunes?

For me, the GNR I listen to is usually the GNR I haven't listened to, lately.  The other day it was UYI II, and I don't know what I'll get the urge for next. 

But I still listen to the new tracks, fairly often.  I have them in a playlist form (kind of how I might put them together, on an EP  Smiley), and I play them from top to bottom.

1.) Chinese Democracy
2.) There Was A Time
3.) Catcher in the Rye
4.) IRS
5.) Madagascar
6.) The Blues
7.) Better

Like my other GNR "albums," I go through spurts.  Some weeks I might play the list every day.  Then I'll occasionally go into a self-imposed leak exile, usually because some fucking rumor has me thinking the album might drop, and I don't want to "spoil" it.  I hadn't listened to them for a long while, until the most recent round of leakage.  But at that time it increased rapidly, again. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »

I haven't listened to the new songs in months.

Not that I don't like them, I just want to have as fresh a listen as I can when the album finally comes out. 

Been listening to Live Era and UYI 2 a lot lately.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2007, 09:34:22 PM »

I agree. I used  to listen to Guns  every single day. Now  I go in cycles. I will go several weeks without, and then listen  to Guns for a  month straight,  nothing else. But to be  true, the same old  songs, every show, gets  old.
I like the new songs, but there are not  that  many. The novelty has not  worn off,  and I eagerly await  the album, but  I need the whole  album, not just a few songs  that may or may or may not make the cut.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »

I havn't gotten tired of the new stuff I listen to, but I don't listen to all of it. Better and TWAT are still under my 25 most played on my ipod but I don't even have madagasar or the blues on my ipod.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: