Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 03:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227948 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?  (Read 47544 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2006, 11:12:56 AM »

Thats not what I meant. Even though Tracii Guns helped to write alot of the stuff on Appetite before slash was even in the band and never got credit for it because he signed his rights away. But I guess you rabid slash fans didnt knwo about that because slash "wrote all his own guitar parts!"? ok

well i'm sure tracii wrote some of the melodies and stuff, but with izzy and Axl and gardiner and whoever else...but I'm sure slash put his own spin on things when he arrived or even made entirely different solos...i find it very hard to believe that he took Tracii Guns' solos and played them note for note...i don't know a guitarist who ever plays other people songs exactly how they originally were written.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »

Thats not what I meant. Even though Tracii Guns helped to write alot of the stuff on Appetite before slash was even in the band and never got credit for it because he signed his rights away. But I guess you rabid slash fans didnt knwo about that because slash "wrote all his own guitar parts!"  ok

well i'm sure tracii wrote some of the melodies and stuff, but with izzy and Axl and gardiner and whoever else...but I'm sure slash put his own spin on things when he arrived or even made entirely different solos...i find it very hard to believe that he took Tracii Guns' solos and played them note for note...i don't know a guitarist who ever plays other people songs exactly how they originally were written.

im not talking about solos, im talking about riffs and melodies etc. The fair majority of the stuff was written by Tracii.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2006, 11:33:20 AM »

The fair majority of the stuff was written by Tracii.

according to Tracii Roll Eyes

if he's so great, then how come LA Guns and Brides of Destruction suck so much? hihi

I'll tell you why cuz the orig five guys in GnR took those AFD songs and made them their own...that's why Tongue Tracii is just kicking himself in the balls for picking the wrong side back in '84 or '85 or whatever and now talks shit to whoever will listen

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »

i don't know a guitarist who ever plays other people songs exactly how they originally were written.

Well Robin Finck tries and Bumblehead and Fortus, so now you do. And don't try and say they put their own spin on things, becuase even when they do they only do it for about half the solo and then resort to Slash's again.
And you honestly beleive that dickhead Tracii Guns? It's obvious from Slash's body of work over 20 years or so that Appetite has Slash written all over it. We all have proof he came up with WTTJ, Sweet Child, Paradise City, It's So easy (w. West originally on acoustic i think). Izzy came up with the Out Ta Get Me riff, and that's all i can gather from old interviews and things with the band. But i'm sure Izzy and Slash did the rest too. Like the band has said (including Axl), pretty much all Appetite songs were written about things that were going on at the time of recoring. Tracii left the band in 1984/85 so what the hell kinda songs did he write with the band? Maybe you and him listen to a different AFD from the rest of us. And lastly if you listen to tracii's other bands they dont sound close to the riffs or anything in Appetite as regards style. And fuck up about that being the original band anyways, you might as well say Hollywood Rose was the original band if you wanna be that stupid. Without Slash, Izzy, Duff, or even Steven Adler there wouldn't be a guns n roses and me and you wouldn't be arguing about it. People like you piss me off. rant
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »

i don't know a guitarist who ever plays other people songs exactly how they originally were written.

Well Robin Finck tries and Bumblehead and Fortus, so now you do. And don't try and say they put their own spin on things, becuase even when they do they only do it for about half the solo and then resort to Slash's again.
And you honestly beleive that dickhead Tracii Guns? It's obvious from Slash's body of work over 20 years or so that Appetite has Slash written all over it. We all have proof he came up with WTTJ, Sweet Child, Paradise City, It's So easy (w. West originally on acoustic i think). Izzy came up with the Out Ta Get Me riff, and that's all i can gather from old interviews and things with the band. But i'm sure Izzy and Slash did the rest too. Like the band has said (including Axl), pretty much all Appetite songs were written about things that were going on at the time of recoring. Tracii left the band in 1984/85 so what the hell kinda songs did he write with the band? Maybe you and him listen to a different AFD from the rest of us. And lastly if you listen to tracii's other bands they dont sound close to the riffs or anything in Appetite as regards style. And fuck up about that being the original band anyways, you might as well say Hollywood Rose was the original band if you wanna be that stupid. Without Slash, Izzy, Duff, or even Steven Adler there wouldn't be a guns n roses and me and you wouldn't be arguing about it. People like you piss me off. rant

whoa...settle beavis...i think you combined CB and myself there in your little rant. hihi anyway for the most part yes they do play the orig stuff, but they still don't play it exactly like "slash" did which was my point.

as for tracii's contributions to AFD....I think we're almost of the same mind on that issue Mr Bootlegs hihi peace

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2006, 01:29:15 PM »

There are so many things wrong with that paragraph man, i dunno were to start.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »

whatever, mr. hudson Roll Eyes write us a little essay, then, on how the AFD album was written and recorded....I can't wait to read it.....since you were there and all

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2006, 01:53:31 PM »

whatever, mr. hudson Roll Eyes write us a little essay, then, on how the AFD album was written and recorded....I can't wait to read it.....since you were there and all

I was wondering the other day if Slash even cares all that much that Axl is going on with the GNR name. Has anyone ever read anything that says one way or the other. I mean, seeing as he quit, I wonder if he even cares.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

I was wondering the other day if Slash even cares all that much that Axl is going on with the GNR name. Has anyone ever read anything that says one way or the other. I mean, seeing as he quit, I wonder if he even cares.

i think that him and Duff were quoted as saying that it's not GnR at some point recently (like 2 or 3 years ago). but this year everybody is freinds again...so who knows what to think anymore confused Undecided

eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »

realize the numbers aren't the same, but the principle is. As much as you guys seem to love Slash, Duff & Izzy, those guys all chose not to be a part of Guns N' Roses. What is Axl supposed to do? Just say "Oh well.... I guess if those guys have chosen not to be here then this band is over?"

simply put yes, axl is supposed to say ok all the members of the band have quit this means we shelf the name go our seperate ways and use ti again if one day we can meet eye to eye again.. A break up is a break up, wether it's one a guy a year or whatever.. It's like when vince neil left motley crue it wasn't motley crue anymore, when dlr left van halen it wasn't van halen anymore..  Many bands have the decency to call their solo projects seperate names from their super famous bands.. The ones that do keep the name do it only to keep the fans coming.. Axl has to do nothing to promote the band, he could shit on the album and whistle dixie and the loyal gnr fans would buy it, plus the others who are buying gh's.. Point is the other guys made the band something, now it's living off the past..

ac/dc, metallica, motley crue, etc could just say hey we're touring and people would flock to the shows, the fan abses are so huge that the name now exceeds the membership.. Axl knows this so he just keep the name because he doesn't have to promote or do leg work to show off his new band, he can just say hey gnr is coming to town and everyone from 15 to 50 turns their head...

Plus gnr was dead, there was no reason to resurect it, I thought it was a sad thing, they broke up but hey they ruled the world at one time and a reunion was always possible.. When izzy left they had huge obligations to fufill, they had tour dates double platinum albums, money to be made... Here it's a little different...

Thats bullshit man and you know it. Why should he stop using the name because the other guys tried to kill it by leaving? Axl wasnt the guy who tried to kill the band, that was slash, duff etc. Not only that but it was GNR BEFORE slash, duff etc were even in the band. So logicaly it would still be GNR after they left.

Umm wrong actually Guns N Roses didnt exist until Axl Izzy Duff Tracii Guns (thus the name) & some drummer joined. Traci left so Steve & Slash joined & HELPED MKAE GNR WHAT IT WAS!

Slash & Duff didnt try to kill it, Axl wanted to be the one in control & it turned into a dictator ship that it is now (by that im not saying Axl was an asshole to band mates, but more or less he has the final say on the bands creativity

And we can tell by Contraband, Loaded and the Snakepit records that this is a good thing.

Umm Contraband was a very good album & i think if Axl was involved it wouldve been great but it was stilla  very good album as Weiland is a very good frontman. The only people who dont like it are the Axl-ites here who are obsessed with disrespecting & hating Axl's so called "enemies" when u guys probably harbor more ill feelings towards them than Axl does himself

iIt was a difference of opinion no one could agree on songs doesnt mean they really hate each other you guys just make it out to be alot worse than what it is, & spend ur time 24/7 on here taking every little news bit lyric article & blow it up way out of proportion & create reasons to hate slash duff or any ex member & speculate on this & that coz ur all a bunch of obsessed tossers with no lifes Cheesy

Snakepit were crap i think that was just put together just so slash could play somethin he's said in later interviews he wasnt pleased with it, so dont dare put Snake pit in the same sentence as Velvet, Snakepit wasnt 1/100th of what Velvet is
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2006, 11:17:18 PM »

realize the numbers aren't the same, but the principle is. As much as you guys seem to love Slash, Duff & Izzy, those guys all chose not to be a part of Guns N' Roses. What is Axl supposed to do? Just say "Oh well.... I guess if those guys have chosen not to be here then this band is over?"

simply put yes, axl is supposed to say ok all the members of the band have quit this means we shelf the name go our seperate ways and use ti again if one day we can meet eye to eye again.. A break up is a break up, wether it's one a guy a year or whatever.. It's like when vince neil left motley crue it wasn't motley crue anymore, when dlr left van halen it wasn't van halen anymore..  Many bands have the decency to call their solo projects seperate names from their super famous bands.. The ones that do keep the name do it only to keep the fans coming.. Axl has to do nothing to promote the band, he could shit on the album and whistle dixie and the loyal gnr fans would buy it, plus the others who are buying gh's.. Point is the other guys made the band something, now it's living off the past..

ac/dc, metallica, motley crue, etc could just say hey we're touring and people would flock to the shows, the fan abses are so huge that the name now exceeds the membership.. Axl knows this so he just keep the name because he doesn't have to promote or do leg work to show off his new band, he can just say hey gnr is coming to town and everyone from 15 to 50 turns their head...

Plus gnr was dead, there was no reason to resurect it, I thought it was a sad thing, they broke up but hey they ruled the world at one time and a reunion was always possible.. When izzy left they had huge obligations to fufill, they had tour dates double platinum albums, money to be made... Here it's a little different...

Thats bullshit man and you know it. Why should he stop using the name because the other guys tried to kill it by leaving? Axl wasnt the guy who tried to kill the band, that was slash, duff etc. Not only that but it was GNR BEFORE slash, duff etc were even in the band. So logicaly it would still be GNR after they left.

Umm wrong actually Guns N Roses didnt exist until Axl Izzy Duff Tracii Guns (thus the name) & some drummer joined. Traci left so Steve & Slash joined & HELPED MKAE GNR WHAT IT WAS!

Slash & Duff didnt try to kill it, Axl wanted to be the one in control & it turned into a dictator ship that it is now (by that im not saying Axl was an asshole to band mates, but more or less he has the final say on the bands creativity

You really dont know your gnr history very well do you? Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner, that is the original guns lineup.

and who knows any of those people that are into gnr music? Not talking about die hards that know this history..

You're getting rediculous now, these people had zero to do with success of the band...

Even btm skipped them hihi

We're talking a few months here, a few strip shows... if that's what you call gnr then congrats,..

exactly
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2006, 11:21:32 PM »

And we can tell by Contraband, Loaded and the Snakepit records that this is a good thing.

Umm Contraband was a very good album & i think if Axl was involved it wouldve been great but it was stilla  very good album as Weiland is a very good frontman. The only people who dont like it are the Axl-ites here who are obsessed with disrespecting & hating Axl's so called "enemies" when u guys probably harbor more ill feelings towards them than Axl does himself

iIt was a difference of opinion no one could agree on songs doesnt mean they really hate each other you guys just make it out to be alot worse than what it is, & spend ur time 24/7 on here taking every little news bit lyric article & blow it up way out of proportion & create reasons to hate slash duff or any ex member & speculate on this & that coz ur all a bunch of obsessed tossers with no lifes Cheesy

Snakepit were crap i think that was just put together just so slash could play somethin he's said in later interviews he wasnt pleased with it, so dont dare put Snake pit in the same sentence as Velvet, Snakepit wasnt 1/100th of what Velvet is

I personally find Contraband to have 2 good songs on it. Loving The Alien and Slither. That has nothing to do with Axls feelings for Scott Weiland one way or the other. Thats my personal opinion about the album and has been since my rep gave it to me over two years ago (well before any words erupted between Weiland and Axl).

As far as the validity of VR that remains to be seen, but the verdict is already in on Contraband. It's just really not the sum of its parts. Weiland can produce alot better and we know the rest of the band can produce alot better. It will be very much forgotten with time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2006, 04:26:38 PM »

i think that him and Duff were quoted as saying that it's not GnR at some point recently (like 2 or 3 years ago). but this year everybody is freinds again...so who knows what to think anymore confused Undecided

hihi hihi hihi   i'm so sure that ex GNR members r claimin' to come back to GNR THIS YEAR but Axl is there just to kick'em in the ass over n' over so that's why Axl is LORD for everyone to date, their ex mates can't stop adorin' him after all this time, then today should we all love GNR as well?   rant
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2006, 07:43:14 AM »

ive been reading this thread and havent noticed anyone say this so..
heres my way of expllaining about gnr ..
Think Axl Rose as a Manager of some big name Soccer team. Every couple years or so he drops out team mates and repklaces them with fresher faces for new material and basicly to make the team better.
But does trthe manager stop calling his team England ? NO cus he owns the rightds to the team so he can do whatever he sees fit to make the team right no matter what the public think. So think slash, duff, adler as old hat footbal players who arent as gud anymore and need to be replaced by fitter players.
Probably ythe most stupid way of explaiing it but hey  a none die hard gnr fan should be able to understand that Wink

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2006, 09:47:10 AM »

Think Axl Rose as a Manager of some big name Soccer team. Every couple years or so he drops out team mates and repklaces them with fresher faces for new material and basicly to make the team better.
But does trthe manager stop calling his team England ? NO cus he owns the rightds to the team so he can do whatever he sees fit to make the team right no matter what the public think. So think slash, duff, adler as old hat footbal players who arent as gud anymore and need to be replaced by fitter players.
Probably ythe most stupid way of explaiing it but hey a none die hard gnr fan should be able to understand that Wink

Worst....analogy......ever! Comparing a band with a football team. you sould be shot.

whatever, mr. hudson  write us a little essay, then, on how the AFD album was written and recorded....I can't wait to read it.....since you were there and all
Obviously neither of us were there, so i'd rather believe what the band have said in past interviews, rather than trying to figure out some conspiracy theory. I suppose you americans didn't land on the moon either?

There have been several interviews were they say its not guns n roses anymore, most obviously would be the VH1 BTM special were Slash says that "most people think its sacrelige but he doesn't give a hot fuck!" Of course they care
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »

Obviously neither of us were there, so i'd rather believe what the band have said in past interviews, rather than trying to figure out some conspiracy theory. I suppose you americans didn't land on the moon either?

Well i know i wasn't there Wink I'm just peicing together interviews from all sides.

Axl and Izzy were in a couple bands with Tracii and Rob Gardiner before GnR that's why i am of that mind...

btw I'm not american either Tongue but the U.S. lunar landing is another messed-up conspiracy theory hihi

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2006, 05:03:52 PM »

Probably ythe most stupid way of explaiing it but hey? a none die hard gnr fan should be able to understand that Wink

slash and duff aren?t good anymore? That?s new to me... so isn?t Axl right? Axl should be replaced to by some new fellow... Soz but i really don?t agree with u. Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2006, 06:21:37 AM »

Exactly, the thing i disagree with on that football analogy, is that you say Axl is the manager of the band. I belive the manager was Alan Niven back then or Doug Goldstein as well. Axl just happened to be the egotistical singer of the band who thought and still thinks he IS Guns N' Roses. And it's sad to see people are agreeing with him, when he just plays the old songs with the exception of a few that suck, (apart from the blues)
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2006, 07:02:39 AM »

Exactly, the thing i disagree with on that football analogy, is that you say Axl is the manager of the band. I belive the manager was Alan Niven back then or Doug Goldstein as well. Axl just happened to be the egotistical singer of the band who thought and still thinks he IS Guns N' Roses. And it's sad to see people are agreeing with him, when he just plays the old songs with the exception of a few that suck, (apart from the blues)

I for one don't agree with him. I thought that the people that were in the band back then were Guns N' Roses. Since some of them have quit and replaced with people I feel are very qualified for the job, I view the new band as Guns N' Roses as well. I don't think it's GNR just because Axl is involved.

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »

Probably ythe most stupid way of explaiing it but hey a none die hard gnr fan should be able to understand that Wink

Worst....analogy......ever! Comparing a band with a football team. you sould be shot.

whatever, mr. hudson? write us a little essay, then, on how the AFD album was written and recorded....I can't wait to read it.....since you were there and all

There have been several interviews were they say its not guns n roses anymore, most obviously would be the VH1 BTM special were Slash says that "most people think its sacrelige but he doesn't give a hot fuck!" Of course they care

beer   samoice , I KNOW U R RIGHT, Axl is just doin' what he wants to, these days he rules the band, everyone gotta do what da'guy is sayin', IF YOU HEAR Better you'll notice that the old GNR ain't come back anymore   no rant  , ...i mean CAN Y'ALL IMAGINE SLASH'S PLAYIN' WITH AXL THIS NEW SONG? hell, i honestly CAN'T!!!!!  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: