Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Bas takes a shot at Slash, Duff, and Weiland and defends the new lineup...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bas takes a shot at Slash, Duff, and Weiland and defends the new lineup...  (Read 21987 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »

This thread is not about VR vs GNR, one more comparison reference and it's headed to Dead Horse.

Clear enough?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »

to those saying baz cannot sing, you are 100% WRONG.  i dont even care what argument u put up, hes one of the most talented singers ive ever heard, im so glad i got to see him live.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »

Woo you people take something so personally.

Here are the facts.  Neither band is a "Cover Band".  Guns N Roses play there own music and others and so does VR.  Bodies, etc...

All I said was that at least this Axl lead Guns N Roses sounds like Guns N Roses.  When VR plays gnr songs they sound nothing like what gnr sounds like, ok mabey Its So Easy...    But, you are right when you say that they shouldnt sound like GNR because they are a different band.  No shit...

I was just agreeing with what Baz stated.   Dont bash me, bash him..  Or just look in the mirror.

Oh ya.   Sorry about this.   Out of the 6 1/2 hrs of concert gnr played 2 1/2hrs.   pretty fucking good

When I saw VR they played at most 90 mins..  At most..    I know it was there first album, but how many albums have they put out between the lot of them??   A fucking lot.  So if you cant play more than 90mins, fuck..    I ont ever see them live again.     lol, ok i probably will, but i will expect a lot less that go around.

peace out mother fuckers

If you dont like me, blow me!
SADIS
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2006, 04:18:09 AM »

Oh ya.? ?Sorry about this.? ?Out of the 6 1/2 hrs of concert gnr played 2 1/2hrs.? ?pretty fucking good

When I saw VR they played at most 90 mins..? At most..? ? I know it was there=their first album, but how many albums have they put out between the lot of them??? ?A fucking lot.? So if you cant play more than 90mins, fuck..? ? I ont ever see them live again.? ? ?lol, ok i probably will, but i will expect a lot less that go around.

Relatively seen VR played more than GnR due to the fact that GnR have 5 albums worth of material and VR just 1. Since VR are a new band you can't count in their collective back catalogue.

SO again; your arguments are full of shite.
Megaguns
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2006, 04:53:29 AM »

Hadn't seen it yet...? Here's the excerpt:

On those who say the 2006 version of Guns N' Roses isn't the real thing: "You know, you've got Slash and Duff doing Stone Temple Pilots songs with Weiland (in Velvet Revolver). They can't do 'Welcome to the Jungle' because he can't sing it. Let's be honest. Then, you've got Axl doing 'Sweet Child o' Mine' and 'Rocket Queen' with some other dudes. I'd rather see Axl singing Guns N' Roses songs than Slash doing Stone Temple Pilots songs. Nobody can sing 'Paradise City' like Axl Rose."

And here's the link to the full article:? http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/16123665.htm
He couldnt be more wrong, VR are playing theyre own songs and a few oldies, they are not looking to flog a dead horse by playing the old gnr tunes,
Axlis doing what he wants to do and so are they, I just dont see how there is still so much bitterness between them all.... like a bunch of fucking 16 year old  girls
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2006, 05:41:38 PM »

Oh ya.   Sorry about this.   Out of the 6 1/2 hrs of concert gnr played 2 1/2hrs.   pretty fucking good

When I saw VR they played at most 90 mins..  At most..    I know it was there=their first album, but how many albums have they put out between the lot of them??   A fucking lot.  So if you cant play more than 90mins, fuck..    I ont ever see them live again.     lol, ok i probably will, but i will expect a lot less that go around.

Relatively seen VR played more than GnR due to the fact that GnR have 5 albums worth of material and VR just 1. Since VR are a new band you can't count in their collective back catalogue.

SO again; your arguments are full of shite.

Arguments?   You fucking loser..   It is called an opinion.

And who are you to tell me what I can and cant count of a bands current or past catalogue.   When I go to see one of my favourit artist's perform and they fall so short of there potential I can say what ever the fuck I want.

You are one of the guys that is just happy with anything the band does.    Fucking idiot.

Have fun listening to you one album and going to your hr long concerts........

T_Roxie
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »

Have fun listening to you one album

One albulm is better than some non-existant one ok
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »

Oh it exists ... and when it comes out it will put VR to shame ... like seriously

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2006, 09:09:29 PM »

You can suck that thumb after you take it out of your ass.

I will take gnr with there 5 albums and countless covers and there upcomming/never comming cd   anytime over
A band with 12 songs.......

Ya and from what it looks like, VR new album isnt going to be seeing the light, anytime soon.

How bout them apples.  Juicy...   Huh

darkmonth
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2006, 10:52:01 PM »

Wait ... GnR and their 5 albums?

Sorry ... wait ...

I really like the new GnR... but they only have ... hang on.  0 albums.

The 5 albums you're talking about ... was the old GnR.

So, technically, you can't take the old albums into account ...

You're using the albums that 3 members from Velvet Revolver had a HUGE impact on ... and NONE of the new GnR guys did.

But I'm not starting an argument ... just saying that your argument is quite poor.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2006, 10:56:56 PM »

Sorry chief but they are still the Gunners, no matter how many people leave.
Kiss was still Kiss when Ace Frehley and Peter Criss pissed off.
Guns over Velvet any day of the week.

darkmonth
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2006, 11:26:41 PM »

Sorry chief but they are still the Gunners, no matter how many people leave.

No... I'm not disputing that they're IN the band ...

But they have NO connection to the old material other than the name "Guns N' Roses"....

Can you dispute that?
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2006, 11:38:12 PM »

Quote from: moi
Quote from: Twisted

No... I'm not disputing that they're IN the band ...

But they have NO connection to the old material other than the name "Guns N' Roses"....

Can you dispute that?

Axl is a pretty good connection IMO.  ok

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:07:41 AM by Guns_and_Chad » Logged

pablognfr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2006, 01:54:15 AM »

sebastian is a jackass, no doubt about it.

CABJ
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: