Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??  (Read 37609 times)
AtariLegend
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2006, 03:25:33 PM »

Some would say so. Some would say they're not. Then someone would defend them and say something to the effect of " It's ____'s way of screaming out against the corruption of modern society and beginning the cleansing with the death of the current generation". You see what I mean?

I do, but there comes a point when we should all know that some lyrics by some bands are just nonscense.

what is scott weiland trying to say with the lyrics "somebody raped my tapeworm abortion"

love weiland, but alot of his lyrics are pure gibbrish rofl

Great example, Weiland pretends like he knows whats going on, but since he spends so much time in rehab I question it.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2006, 03:26:50 PM »

"somebody raped my tapeworm abortion"

Fanboy response: Scott's talking about being rejected {abortion}and the feeling ?vof being ulnerable {raped} and ?small {tapeworm} in the grand scheme of things.

I hate fanboys.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »

Exactly people can take moronic things and turn them into profound amazing lyrics...

see interpretation of a song like stairway ( there is a lady who is sure all that glitters is gold ) gold can be anything you want and you can twist to see that this person is just in fact materialistic...by in other bands terms ( as in weilands ) it's just absurd comments that people make sense of.

yea i remember when somebody told me that the teen spirit part where he says

an albino , a mosquito ,  my libido

was feelings of being outcasted ( albino ) feeling small ( mosquito ) and having sexual drive? Fanboys...lol
AtariLegend
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2006, 03:30:28 PM »

I seen VR last year, he looked around the stage at various points, as if to say what am I doing here, is that Tophat mine, look it's people from GNR but who is that other dude?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2006, 03:32:16 PM »

i saw em too they were pretty damn good wont lie , but he butchered used to love her...
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »

lol I know. It's amazing what people come up with to defend songs. I like some of these bands with songs like that but come on!

I hate fanboys.
AtariLegend
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2006, 03:32:41 PM »

Profound Lyrics:

It's like when people blame Manson for those school shootings.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »

That was pretty funny especially since they hated Manson yet the media decides to blame Manson.

I hate fanboys.
AtariLegend
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

They said they were goths, but I guess Stereotyping people is for another thread.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

Well it was revealed that they weren't part of the goth thing they were just friends with people who were and that they didn't actually listen to Marilyn Manson. But this is going quite a bit off topic.

I hate fanboys.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2006, 03:37:16 PM »

right we went from can axl save music to claims that mansons inspires kids to kill...
AtariLegend
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »

Yes or No answers never applied to begin with. Somewhere along the line this thread became about lyrics and Nirvana.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 03:53:10 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »

judging by the democracy demos it doesnt even sound like axl will be into doing a rock n roll album..
anythinggoes
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2006, 03:53:59 PM »

judging by the democracy demos it doesnt even sound like axl will be into doing a rock n roll album..

so what do you think it will be then please tell
AtariLegend
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2006, 03:55:23 PM »

Didn't Mike Clink or some ex-producer not say the album is heavier than people think, after the leaked tracks.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2006, 04:05:55 PM »

So far the songs lean to alternative terrioty that I've heard. Still awesome.

I hate fanboys.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2006, 08:52:11 PM »

"So, you watched a dvd...

I PLAY GUITAR.. jack white cant play.. he hits one string... not even powerchords.."

You couldn't be more wrong dude. Alot of good riffs are played from one string, and many of his riffs are played using chords. I play guitar also, and just cause you "play" doesnt mean you can say who has talent and who doesn't. Jack White is more of an accomplished guitarist then you will ever be. Anyways, I've seen so many stripes shows its unreal, and I've been to them, sure Meg isnt a great drummer, but her purpose is to keep a beat and keep it simple. The stripes and jack are very bluesy and like to keep the elements of the music simple, and thats very respectable. Jack White also plays a great slide guitar. Jack has developed into a great musician since 1998, he wasnt where he is now back then, but he has his place in music and in guitar.

Look at this video, and I guarentee any of you who doubt his ability, well, you will think twice. The dude plays with straight emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfav21lR21o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt33IMj2lwU

But anyways, I can't win arguements with people who refuse to acknowledge talent. Not that that's all of you.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:55:16 PM by Ak1nney » Logged
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2006, 10:10:40 PM »

"So, you watched a dvd...

I PLAY GUITAR.. jack white cant play.. he hits one string... not even powerchords.."

You couldn't be more wrong dude. Alot of good riffs are played from one string, and many of his riffs are played using chords. I play guitar also, and just cause you "play" doesnt mean you can say who has talent and who doesn't. Jack White is more of an accomplished guitarist then you will ever be. Anyways, I've seen so many stripes shows its unreal, and I've been to them, sure Meg isnt a great drummer, but her purpose is to keep a beat and keep it simple. The stripes and jack are very bluesy and like to keep the elements of the music simple, and thats very respectable. Jack White also plays a great slide guitar. Jack has developed into a great musician since 1998, he wasnt where he is now back then, but he has his place in music and in guitar.

Look at this video, and I guarentee any of you who doubt his ability, well, you will think twice. The dude plays with straight emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfav21lR21o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt33IMj2lwU

But anyways, I can't win arguements with people who refuse to acknowledge talent. Not that that's all of you.

who says he will be more accomplished then I ever will be???  Ok i take back alot of what I said he is a pretty decent guitarist but he still sounds like someone who has been playing for like 2 years.. But alot better then what I expected from him.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2006, 11:10:33 PM »

Nope. At a time I would've said so, but out of the stuff that's leaked, as much as it rocks, there's nothing that really has been mind-blowing.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:51 AM »

I tell you whats missing from rock n roll, Cocaine, smack, speed and weed and lots of sluts on the side.
oh and to Mr I love 90's and muse are so great guy... don't argue with the youth of this generation because you arnt it anymore, we know whats going on with are own and trust me rock n roll bands from the past are big influences to us just. give it 4 or 5 years and see what happens
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: