Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??  (Read 37609 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »

I don?t know if he will save rock and roll but I?m sure he will shout a lot of mouths. This guy has talent, he has the music inside himself and he has a magnetism and a special aura that any artist over there will ever have. ok

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

Exactly. I'd rather be my age in the times of The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, Radiohead, Beck and Interpol than back in the day listening to Motley Crue, Poison, Faster Pussycat, Iron Maiden and Metallica!

Of course, aide from GN'R you'd be in Manchester listening to The Smiths and Stone Roses back then.

It wasn't so bad back in the day..................

Guess you had to be there

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 12:46:12 PM »

Exactly. I'd rather be my age in the times of The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, Radiohead, Beck and Interpol than back in the day listening to Motley Crue, Poison, Faster Pussycat, Iron Maiden and Metallica!

Of course, aide from GN'R you'd be in Manchester listening to The Smiths and Stone Roses back then.
rofl rofl rofl

HAHHA that is THE funniest thing i've ever heard.. Strokes are disgusting , Yeah Yeah Yeahs are anything but ROCK N ROLL , White Stripes jack white can't play a guitar , Radiohead is eh and the other 2 i've never heard of!

Do you understand that All of those bands combined will never live up to the likes of Metallica , Much less Iron Maiden , or GN F'n R. I would much rather have grown up with those bands then the crap we have to call rock music now a days....

/ end rant lol

For the topic I know axl has the ability to do this but it aint happening. The new bands song are just not marketable to me like they are but not in a "Welcome to the Jungle" type of way... Rock n roll needs another new band to come up and save rock n roll , not an old one coming back.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 12:48:50 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

HAHHA that is THE funniest thing i've ever heard.. Strokes are disgusting , Yeah Yeah Yeahs are anything but ROCK N ROLL , White Stripes jack white can't play a guitar , Radiohead is eh and the other 2 i've never heard of!

Do you understand that All of those bands combined will never live up to the likes of Metallica , Much less Iron Maiden , or GN F'n R. I would much rather have grown up with those bands then the crap we have to call rock music now a days....

/ end rant lol

For the topic I know axl has the ability to do this but it aint happening. The new bands song are just not marketable to me like they are but not in a "Welcome to the Jungle" type of way... Rock n roll needs another new band to come up and save rock n roll , not an old one coming back.

Someone with Nirvana in their name is making a point about Jack White's guitar skills being less than competent?
benchiefjr
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2006, 12:51:35 PM »

This is probably one of the reasons he's delayed the album so long...too much pressure.

Anyways, look at the bands around today : Muse, Trivium, RHCP, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, AND the Panic Channel...yeah i said it.

Plus, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and people like Isis/Pelican/Caspian are also making great music
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 12:51:56 PM »

This was about 3 years ago I had made the username and just kept it , i have it on so many forums I don't change it. Cobain blew at guitar , his lyrics were probably even worse but at a point I liked the band. Anyways im going to say that white is worse then cobain at guitar , either way band like those can't save rock n roll. We need a band with an attitude , a rock n roll image and lifestyle , someone real there is just something missing in these bands. They dont have that certain "thing"..
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 12:52:04 PM »

"White Stripes jack white can't play a guitar"

Go fuck yourself with your commments. I am a huge fan of anything jack white has done for years. If you havent been to a live show/ havent seen the live dvd ?"under blackpool lights" then you have no way of ever commenting on his ability. IMHO, he is one of the few people still making good rock music. I just hate when people talk shit, Jack writes some of the best guitar riffs i've ever heard, and he solos a lot in concert when he gets into it. Ball and biscuit for example. No1 can save rock and roll, rock and roll is still living in many bands, its just not mainstream. THis topic should be called can Axl make rock and roll mainstream like it used to be.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 12:57:05 PM »

We need a band with an attitude , a rock n roll image and lifestyle , someone real there is just something missing in these bands. They dont have that certain "thing"..

In case you hadn't noticed, people with the "rock n' roll image and lifestyle" hasn't impressed anybody for a very very long time.  Because bands like Motley Crue turned it into an embarrassing cliche.  One that I pray to God never comes back into fashion.
A band with a sound all of their own is enough to make a large impact on the music world, regardless of image.  Muse is one of the few bands that has such a unique sound.  And they're young enough to... unlike GN'R.  Like someone else said, people nearing the age of 45 never change music.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

Go fuck yourself with your commments. I am a huge fan of anything jack white has done for years. If you havent been to a live show/ havent seen the live dvd ?"under blackpool lights" then you have no way of ever commenting on his ability. IMHO, he is one of the few people still making good rock music. I just hate when people talk shit, Jack writes some of the best guitar riffs i've ever heard, and he solos a lot in concert when he gets into it. Ball and biscuit for example. No1 can save rock and roll, rock and roll is still living in many bands, its just not mainstream. THis topic should be called can Axl make rock and roll mainstream like it used to be.

So, you watched a dvd...

I PLAY GUITAR.. jack white cant play.. he hits one string... not even powerchords..
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am2__XbKmvc

that's good guitar playing? Thrashing around 3 chords with a fill between them? Screaming I smell a rat?

i'd much rather listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4it9uduzTMY

now thats good guitar playing.
AtariLegend
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »

Answer to post:

Yes!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 01:02:05 PM »

Answer to post:

Yes!

It's just not possible I mean to normal every day people gnr is

Slash and Axl

to fans we know the whole deal

axl ,slash , izzy , duff , steven , matt , gilby , buckethead , brian , ron etc....

if people dont see slash attention is shut off to most people so I just can't see it being a HUGE mainstream success with it changing rock and all that , besides that rarely happens I mean GNR did it once , but we are asking for it agian lol.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »

We need a band with an attitude , a rock n roll image and lifestyle , someone real there is just something missing in these bands. They dont have that certain "thing"..

In case you hadn't noticed, people with the "rock n' roll image and lifestyle" hasn't impressed anybody for a very very long time.? Because bands like Motley Crue turned it into an embarrassing cliche.? One that I pray to God never comes back into fashion.
A band with a sound all of their own is enough to make a large impact on the music world, regardless of image.? Muse is one of the few bands that has such a unique sound.? And they're young enough to... unlike GN'R.? Like someone else said, people nearing the age of 45 never change music.

they did?? ya, thats why Motley Crue is playing a tour with aerosmith, and had a #6 most succesful tour of 2005.. Roll Eyes
guns_n_motley
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 01:03:24 PM »

Answer to post:

Yes!

Slash and Axl

axl ,slash , izzy , duff , steven , matt , gilby , buckethead , brian , ron etc....

if people dont see slash attention is shut off to most people so I just can't see it being a HUGE mainstream success with it changing rock and all that , besides that rarely happens I mean GNR did it once , but we are asking for it agian lol.

It doesnt matter, Its Axl Rose... the man could fart in a microphone and itd get on the radio...
AtariLegend
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 01:04:38 PM »

Answer to post:

Yes!

Slash and Axl

It doesnt matter, Its Axl Rose... the man could fart in a microphone and itd get on the radio...

Damm that foul Slash!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »

In case you hadn't noticed, people with the "rock n' roll image and lifestyle" hasn't impressed anybody for a very very long time.? Because bands like Motley Crue turned it into an embarrassing cliche.? One that I pray to God never comes back into fashion.
A band with a sound all of their own is enough to make a large impact on the music world, regardless of image.? Muse is one of the few bands that has such a unique sound.? And they're young enough to... unlike GN'R.? Like someone else said, people nearing the age of 45 never change music.

they did?? ya, thats why Motley Crue is playing a tour with aerosmith, and had a #6 most succesful tour of 2005.. Roll Eyes

Thank you finally I dont understand people say old rock music wont sell because blah blah , thats why aerosmith has landed an album and single in the top ten every decade for the past 30 years? Sold out tours after sold out tours? Same goes with lots of other bands everyone has gotten so caught up in changing music , making it different , trying so hard to be original. What happened to the basics? Raw , Bare-Bones , dirty rock n roll?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »

Answer to post:

Yes!

Slash and Axl

He has pretty much been the laughing stock of rock for awhile lol , i mean i think it is messed up though dont get me wrong. Look how in 2002 when the tour failed blah blah there was so much press around it , to make him look horrible. The man has a decent band set up and shows lined up and completed with little incident and there is NO where near as much press...people want to see axl fail...
ExileOnMassSt
Opening Act

It's never too late

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 01:11:12 PM »

Go fuck yourself with your commments. I am a huge fan of anything jack white has done for years. If you havent been to a live show/ havent seen the live dvd  "under blackpool lights" then you have no way of ever commenting on his ability. IMHO, he is one of the few people still making good rock music. I just hate when people talk shit, Jack writes some of the best guitar riffs i've ever heard, and he solos a lot in concert when he gets into it. Ball and biscuit for example.

Totally agree.  I've seen the Stripes three times live, and Jack is absolutely amazing.  His solo during Ball & Biscuit is one of the best things I've ever seen live.

"I could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"
- Mike Tyson
guns_n_motley
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »

but still, the IRS leaks were played on the radio, and got to like #40 on the rock charts...

whens the last time a demo leak has gotten on the radio??

dont get me wrong, I LOVE slash, but any member of gnr will sell yes
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 01:13:51 PM »

Those bands are already well known.  Trust me... no new band like that will ever get big.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: