Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 48658 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2006, 05:30:26 PM »

and I am still waiting for someone to name me ONE song by Praxis that is better than ONE GNR song....excluding My World of course.....

Seven Laws Of Woo owns some of the UYI filler.

However remember , two vastly different genres of music. It's like saying name a country , folk or gosphel song thats better then a GNR song. Apples and Oranges.

Know that Praxis writes some very music that really flows and is well written and very well performed.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2006, 05:31:58 PM »

Saul here is what the offical guns n roses site says.

GN'R Reloaded
Frontman Axl Rose will be joined by rock 'n' roll all-stars including former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and former Primus drummer Brian Mantia for the U.S. tour.

It says NOTHING about Frank there now does it?

look at the official myspace site. www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

There it says FRANK FERRER. Both official sites. Try living with it cause both are in the band.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

GN'R Reloaded
Frontman Axl Rose will be joined by rock 'n' roll all-stars including former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and former Primus drummer Brian Mantia for the U.S. tour.

Hmmmm ..... from gunsnroses.com ...

Rose and his new lineup -- guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, familiar keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer ?- tore through a more-than-two-hour set that included most of GN'R's classics plus a handful of eagerly anticipated new classics.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »

there was filler on the Illusions?? where? I never heard a song by GNR that i would consider filler...its all phenomenal
madagas
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2006, 05:34:44 PM »

some of it's phenomenal, some of it sucks. Grin
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2006, 05:35:44 PM »

there was filler on the Illusions?? where? I never heard a song by GNR that i would consider filler...its all phenomenal

And again , it's all opinion is it not. You think Zakk writes great music .. whereas I think most of his BLS material is utter garbage. Opinion.

Back on topic though ... OMG CANCEL THE TOUR GNR HAVE A DIFFERENT DRUMMER FOR A MONTH OR TWO , NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Roll Eyes

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2006, 05:37:07 PM »

Dave your wrong.
Brain is a trade worker and took some time off from his main company. During his vacation he opts to do some SIDEWORK. What is so wrong with him doing? a show here and there by his home?

get a grip....

If GNr were touring in the Cali area Im sure he would have done those shows. You need to relax. He will be back. Im sure he ll be back by Jan....chill out

I am not wrong. Like I said lets see if Brain does the gnr cali shows. If he doesnt then there is a huge problem.

You are not wrong?! You like to think everything you say is a fact or something? Who the fuck are you to tell us Frank is bad? Same with your bumblefoot comments lately: "He can't play TWAT, thats why they don't play it" You said something along those lines. I mean, where the fuck does that come from? Bumblefoot can handle TWAT just fucking fine. Stop making rediculous statements, your just assuming based on your own fucking ego. Sorry to say but your annoying the fuck out of me.

"Like I said lets see if Brain does the gnr cali shows. If he doesn't then there is a huge problem."

Give me a fucking break! What is the problem? Frank is an awesome drummer! Just like Bumblefoot is an awesome guitarist. Stop making a fool out of yourself. Now that is my opinion, so I try beeing nice in my response but I have a hard time with you acting all cocky (opinion, opinion).

First off Frank is an average drummer. LISTEN to him play. The band at sunrise was way out on synch, that all stems from the drummer. You really think that Frank is on the same level as Brain, Matt or even Adler? He isnt.

As for Ron. I was the FIRST people that said they should get him when they were looking to replace BH. Ask anyone that was in line for the first hammerstein show. I said I hope Ron is the new guy. A ton of people on the board were there. Me and Young Gunner were pumped when we saw it was Ron during WTTJ. ?I have NOTHING against the guy. I just said HE cant play TWAT and he cant. And that is why they stopped playing it. Have you even heard him play TWAT? He misses a TON of notes and doesnt play it right. Have you even see new gnr live yet? I saw them play TWAT live and it was a MESS live.

I think Ron is amazing and he did a good job for the first part of the tour after only having a few days to learn the songs. He is much improved since the hammerstein gigs. Look at my post history I am always defending Ron. HE just cant play TWAT right the few times he has.

And I am not making a fool of myself because I dont think Frank is GREAT and I dont think Ron can play TWAT good.
You need to get a grip. I am the biggest new gnr supporter on this board, ask anyone. ? I just dont care for what I have ?heard of Frank yet. I am sure he will improve but I want Brain on drums since he is the drummer on the album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2006, 05:38:31 PM »

GN'R Reloaded

look at the official myspace site. www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

There it says FRANK FERRER. Both official sites. Try living with it cause both are in the band.

Myspace isnt shit and until a few weeks ago it still had the AFD line up on their site.
Gnr.com is the OFFICAL site of gnr. Myspace is not even offical that we know of.  Plus they have AFD songs up there and no new gnr songs. yeah that is a great site

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2006, 05:39:27 PM »

Dave your wrong.
Brain is a trade worker and took some time off from his main company. During his vacation he opts to do some SIDEWORK. What is so wrong with him doing? a show here and there by his home?

get a grip....

If GNr were touring in the Cali area Im sure he would have done those shows. You need to relax. He will be back. Im sure he ll be back by Jan....chill out

I am not wrong. Like I said lets see if Brain does the gnr cali shows. If he doesnt then there is a huge problem.

You are not wrong?! You like to think everything you say is a fact or something? Who the fuck are you to tell us Frank is bad? Same with your bumblefoot comments lately: "He can't play TWAT, thats why they don't play it" You said something along those lines. I mean, where the fuck does that come from? Bumblefoot can handle TWAT just fucking fine. Stop making rediculous statements, your just assuming based on your own fucking ego. Sorry to say but your annoying the fuck out of me.

"Like I said lets see if Brain does the gnr cali shows. If he doesn't then there is a huge problem."

Give me a fucking break! What is the problem? Frank is an awesome drummer! Just like Bumblefoot is an awesome guitarist. Stop making a fool out of yourself. Now that is my opinion, so I try beeing nice in my response but I have a hard time with you acting all cocky (opinion, opinion).

First off Frank is an average drummer. LISTEN to him play. The band at sunrise was way out on synch, that all stems from the drummer. You really think that Frank is on the same level as Brain, Matt or even Adler? He isnt.

As for Ron. I was the FIRST people that said they should get him when they were looking to replace BH. Ask anyone that was in line for the first hammerstein show. I said I hope Ron is the new guy. A ton of people on the board were there. Me and Young Gunner were pumped when we saw it was Ron during WTTJ. ?I have NOTHING against the guy. I just said HE cant play TWAT and he cant. And that is why they stopped playing it. Have you even heard him play TWAT? He misses a TON of notes and doesnt play it right. Have you even see new gnr live yet? I saw them play TWAT live and it was a MESS live.

I think Ron is amazing and he did a good job for the first part of the tour after only having a few days to learn the songs. He is much improved since the hammerstein gigs. Look at my post history I am always defending Ron. HE just cant play TWAT right the few times he has.

And I am not making a fool of myself because I dont think Frank is GREAT and I dont think Ron can play TWAT good.
You need to get a grip. I am the biggest new gnr supporter on this board, ask anyone. ? I just dont care for what I have ?heard of Frank yet. I am sure he will improve but I want Brain on drums since he is the drummer on the album.

Give the guy a break, he had TWO WEEKS to learn all the songs before playing them live (and GNR play a 2.5 hour set!). He missed quite a few notes at the first Hammerstein shows but hes got em spot on now.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

Dave your wrong.

get a grip....

Give the guy a break, he had TWO WEEKS to learn all the songs before playing them live (and GNR play a 2.5 hour set!). He missed quite a few notes at the first Hammerstein shows but hes got em spot on now.

He never played TWAT right and that is why axl took it off the set list. Because he didnt want the song sounded that messy before it was released on the album. Like I said I am a big Ron supporter god forbit I dont think he can play TWAT good yet. Also his KOHD needs some work since its lacking waht both Slash and BH did for theirs

madagas
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2006, 05:42:02 PM »

Did Axl tell you that? Grin
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2006, 05:42:46 PM »

Did Axl tell you that? Grin

Actually its what one of the band members told one of my friends who talked to him after one of the shows? ok

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

He never played TWAT right and that is why axl took it off the set list. Because he didnt want the song sounded that messy before it was released on the album. Like I said I am a big Ron supporter god forbit I dont think he can play TWAT good yet. Also his KOHD needs some work since its lacking waht both Slash and BH did for theirs

Nevermind the fact that axl sounded TERRIBLE (IMHO!) singing parts of TWAT at hammerstein. But yeah , axl just called me and said it's cause of bumblefoot that HE and HE alone took TWAT off the setlist. Yup. Thats it , exactly. Yes. Uh huh.

Roll Eyes

truth is , theres nothing about TWAT that Ron Thal could NOT learn after a few attempts. Believe that.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2006, 05:45:56 PM »

Dave your wrong.
Brain is a trade worker and took some time off from his main company. During his vacation he opts to do some SIDEWORK. What is so wrong with him doing  a show here and there by his home?

get a grip....

As for Ron. I was the FIRST people that said they should get him when they were looking to replace BH. Ask anyone that was in line for the first hammerstein show. I said I hope Ron is the new guy. A ton of people on the board were there. Me and Young Gunner were pumped when we saw it was Ron during WTTJ.  I have NOTHING against the guy. I just said HE cant play TWAT and he cant. And that is why they stopped playing it. Have you even heard him play TWAT? He misses a TON of notes and doesnt play it right. Have you even see new gnr live yet? I saw them play TWAT live and it was a MESS live.

You need to get a grip. I am the biggest new gnr supporter on this board, ask anyone.   I just dont care for what I have  heard of Frank yet. I am sure he will improve but I want Brain on drums since he is the drummer on the album.

Frank is capable of doing the job more then fine. Yes I've actually seen him live at Nijmegen replacing Brain as well. He is a great drummer who didn't even put one foot wrong. He's great.

Why can't Ron play TWAT? I listened to the boots. His solo's sound brilliant! What are you talking about? The only one who did have a little bit of a problem pulling the song of was Axl. A bit out of key at (madrid). But so what, it's a very hard song, no wonder he's strugling. I still think they all did a great job on TWAT. And bumblefoot sounded right on spot. Why do the state bumblefoot's playing as fact or reason the don't play TWAT as much? Where does that kinda information come from? Not from a source or something. You just made that one up yourself didn't you? It doesn't sound plausible at any means.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
estranged.1098
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »

Don't forget that you don't know what TWAT sounds like, you've never heard it. You've only heard an old demo.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »

Don't forget that you don't know what TWAT sounds like, you've never heard it. You've only heard an old demo.

The guy missed a ton of notes that is all that matters and he didnt even play some of the solo. Robins parts live are just the same as they are on the demo. So that means that BHs parts are pretty much the same too. Ron played it badly. TWAT is not a good live song when you dont have time to practice it
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 05:53:21 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »

Brain takes a break because of his new baby. He plays a show or 2 with Praxis and you guys are all up in arms because you think that Brain is quitting. It's a few shows close to where he lives, not in Puerto Rico.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2006, 05:57:17 PM »

When are people gonna realize that GNR is clearly two seperate entities? A lineup that recorded Chinese Democracy, and a lineup that tours.

Remove Frank, put in Humpty Dumpty. remove BBF, put in Pee Wee Herman.

It doesn't change a damn thing.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »

Brain takes a break because of his new baby. He plays a show or 2 with Praxis and you guys are all up in arms because you think that Brain is quitting. It's a few shows close to where he lives, not in Puerto Rico.

Well BH did the same thing so we have a reason to be weary of it. I could see Bill and Bucket talking Brain into quitting gnr.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2006, 06:01:17 PM »

Seeing as it is pretty clear at this point management or the band was the one who leaked the demos, I suspect those are awful close to how the final version is going to sound. Better and IRS live are awful close to the demo version, and there is no way they are playing a live version that is nothing like the album version.

I love TWAT, but the song sounds like a big mess live. Axl doesn't sound real good, Ron's guitar was off most of the time, and the song is probably best left for the studio.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: