Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 48457 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2006, 06:01:29 PM »

He never played TWAT right and that is why axl took it off the set list. Because he didnt want the song sounded that messy before it was released on the album. Like I said I am a big Ron supporter god forbit I dont think he can play TWAT good yet. Also his KOHD needs some work since its lacking waht both Slash and BH did for theirs

Don't forget that you don't know what TWAT sounds like, you've never heard it. You've only heard an old demo.

The guy missed a ton of notes that is all that matters and he didnt even play some of the solo. Robins parts live are just the same as they are on the demo. So that means that BHs parts are pretty much the same too. Ron played it badly. TWAT is not a good live song when you dont have time to practice it

WRONG. First: Robin plays the solo the same cause he wrote that solo so duh, it sounds mostly the same (yet there are differences, nuances, sure (but so what, it's live). Second: Robin's solo in TWAT is more melody oriented no? so that means less room for improvisation. Bucket\s parts are melodetic yes but contain more, lets say schredding at the end? Ron reproduces buckets main parts and bits, that can be heard on the demo greatly. Ofcourse it doesn't sound like Bucket, cause he ain't bucket. Doesnt mean he can't play it well. You know shit about guitars man. And you should refrain making comments about drummers as well. You ain't a musician are you?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:03:54 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2006, 06:01:59 PM »

Once Izzy quit, even the UYI touring lineup was totally different than the one featured on the two albums..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2006, 06:02:27 PM »

Don't forget that you don't know what TWAT sounds like, you've never heard it. You've only heard an old demo.

Seeing as it is pretty clear at this point management or the band was the one who leaked the demos, I suspect those are awful close to how the final version is going to sound. Better and IRS live are awful close to the demo version, and there is no way they are playing a live version that is nothing like the album version.

I love TWAT, but the song sounds like a big mess live. Axl doesn't sound real good, Ron's guitar was off most of the time, and the song is probably best left for the studio.

TWAT is gonna be like coma. A hard song to pull off live and make it sound just like the album version

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »

He never played TWAT right and that is why axl took it off the set list. Because he didnt want the song sounded that messy before it was released on the album. Like I said I am a big Ron supporter god forbit I dont think he can play TWAT good yet. Also his KOHD needs some work since its lacking waht both Slash and BH did for theirs

The guy missed a ton of notes that is all that matters and he didnt even play some of the solo. Robins parts live are just the same as they are on the demo. So that means that BHs parts are pretty much the same too. Ron played it badly. TWAT is not a good live song when you dont have time to practice it

WRONG. First: Robin plays the solo the same cause he wrote that solo so duh, it sounds mostly the same (yet there are differences, nuances, sure (but so what, it's live). Second: Robin's solo in TWAT is more melody oriented no? so that means less room for improvisation. Bucket\s parts are melodetic yes but contain more, lets say schredding at the end? Ron reproduces buckets main parts and bits, that can be heard on the demo greatly. Ofcourse it doesn't sound like Bucket, cause he ain't bucket. Doesnt mean he can't play it well. You know shit about guitars man. And you should refrain making comments about drummers as well. You ain't a musician are you?

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.? ?He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it. And the BH solo outro is NOT going to change unless its not him anymore since BH quit gnr and never re did the solo
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:12:30 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:33 PM »

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.? ?He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it. And the BH solo outro is NOT going to change unless its not him anymore since BH quit gnr and never re did the solo

Amen to that.

I'm sure Ron is capable, but the only thing he's done in this band up to now is fucking up the classic solos of Nightrain, KOHD and TWAT etc.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2006, 06:19:10 PM »

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.   He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it

No, you are not getting it. You get worked up in your own comments. You say Axl thinks the song sounded not so good live? Sure, that maybe could be a reason why they don't or rarely play it. We don't know do we? But you just assume Ron is the reason?? How do you know that?? C'mon man. The one who sounded not so good live on the boots we heard on TWAT was Axl. Except for the end scream which was awesome. Couldn't that be a, or the reason? The overall performance of the song? Hard on the vocals? Does that ring a bell to you? Sorry man but you are really a moron. I'm willing to happily take a minus karma for this insult towards you. Seen this discussion, you just got your head stuck up....well something?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:22:18 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2006, 06:20:51 PM »

some of the Illusions sucked?...blasphemy........anyway agree to disagree.........well apparently from what I heard Frank is a real good drummer, GNR seemed prepared for this...so I dont think they got a shitty replacement drummer...in any case hopefully the tour goes well and we see the album soon......
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2006, 06:25:21 PM »

Amen to that.

I'm sure Ron is capable, but the only thing he's done in this band up to now is fucking up the classic solos of Nightrain, KOHD and TWAT etc.

Im sure Ron can play it much better now since he has had time to practice but he couldnt play it at hammerstein when I saw them live. The Spain version was a little better I will give him that. I dont see what the problem is.

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.? ?He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it

No, you are not getting it. You get worked up in your own comments. Axl thinks the song sounded not so good live? Sure, that maybe could be a reason why they don't or rarely play it. We don't know do we? But you just assume Ron is the reason?? How do you know that?? You need a fucking wake-up call or something? The one who sounded not so good live on the boots we heard on TWAT was Axl. Except for the end scream which was awesome. Couldn't that be a, or the reason? The overall performance of the song? Hard on the vocals? Does that ring a bell to you? Sorry man but you are really a moron. I'm willing to happily take a minus karma for this insult towards you. Seen this discussion, you just got your head stuck up....well something?

You are the one getting worked up not me.  I think Ron is amazing, I just dont think he played TWAT well live. Big deal. Like I said my friend told me the reason why they stopped playing it, he got it from one of the band members. The song sounds a miss live. Just listen to it and see what stands out as the biggest mess in the song. Its Rons outtro. It came from a BAND MEMBER what more do you want?

axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »

Amen to that.

Dude.? What are you smoking?
Did you see the Germany show of Nightrain?? Likewise for KOHD? Ron kicks ass on those.? See him working up the fretboard at lightning speed!? He has a great sense for melody as well as shredding.?

Check that shit out on youtube then come and talk about him fucking things up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2006, 06:42:40 PM »

This went from Brain not on tour to Thal playing TWAT mighty fast no?  Huh

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2006, 06:47:06 PM »

Why are you arguing about Ron not being able to play TWAY in a thread about Brain playing with Praxis?? Maybe you should start a thread about it?? And please don't speak for everyone saying that, "Anyone that paid money is going to be pissed if Brain isn't there and they have Frank on drums instead." Actually I'll be happy to see Guns N' Roses whether Brain is playing or not. 99% of the people at the shows won't even know the difference, so why would you say "EVERYONE" that paid money will be pissed?? YOU WILL BE PISSED, but not everyone. Now stop trying to be Brains mom and giving him rules he HAS to follow because he is in GN'R. I hope Brain plays 10 more shows with Praxis just so we can all see Dave sit here and complain about it for the next year. I think everyone should stop arguing with him and just let him be. It's not getting anywhere and most of the points he's making have no merit at all, so just ignore him and let him drive himself crazy over fucking nothing.

EDIT: And WHY EVEN ARGUE WITH DAVE OVER GUITAR PLAYING??  He's a guitar playing God I'm sure. Why doesn't Axl get this guy in the band?? Axl sure must be a dumb ass because Dave isn't in the band and he picked some shitty guy name Ron that can't even play the guitar right. Why don't they just stop playing altogether because they already took TWAT off the setlist because Ron doesn't know what he's doing. I'm going to send an email to Merck like every other fucker here and tell him to tell Axl that Dave should play lead guitar. Maybe Dave should sing as well?? Or play drums because Frank can't do the job either. God Axl, why have people play that Dave says can't play?? Axl doesn't know what the hell he's doing, does he Dave?? Maybe Dave should go re-write CD as well. Then we could have a PERFECT album for sure. Dave is never wrong and he can do everything perfect. Nobody is as good as him at ANYTHING!!!  I worship you Dave. You are a musical GOD. I love all the albums you have written and all of those live shows you play to thousands of people, I HAVE THEM ALL!!! Keep the great music coming Dave. You are my favorite and most perfect musician ever.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:53:22 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2006, 06:47:49 PM »

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.   He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it. And the BH solo outro is NOT going to change unless its not him anymore since BH quit gnr and never re did the solo

Amen to that.

Im sure Ron can play it much better now since he has had time to practice but he couldnt play it at hammerstein when I saw them live. The Spain version was a little better I will give him that. I dont see what the problem is.

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.   He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it

No, you are not getting it. You get worked up in your own comments. Axl thinks the song sounded not so good live? Sure, that maybe could be a reason why they don't or rarely play it. We don't know do we? But you just assume Ron is the reason?? How do you know that?? You need a fucking wake-up call or something? The one who sounded not so good live on the boots we heard on TWAT was Axl. Except for the end scream which was awesome. Couldn't that be a, or the reason? The overall performance of the song? Hard on the vocals? Does that ring a bell to you? Sorry man but you are really a moron. I'm willing to happily take a minus karma for this insult towards you. Seen this discussion, you just got your head stuck up....well something?

You are the one getting worked up not me.  I think Ron is amazing, I just dont think he played TWAT well live. Big deal. Like I said my friend told me the reason why they stopped playing it, he got it from one of the band members. The song sounds a miss live. Just listen to it and see what stands out as the biggest mess in the song. Its Rons outtro. It came from a BAND MEMBER what more do you want?

You right about me getting upset about your comments. Simply cause I can't see where your coming from. I've relistened to TWAT, you know: from 'nycbitchcommitee' for instance; youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKPVQhKhduc

And I keep getting toward the same conclusions: Ron is doing great on it live!  Cheesy
And who cares about what a friend says to you, about what he supposebly heard from a bandmember? C'mon, hear-say-hear-say no? You've got ears yourself.

hey wait, I think I get you: You think Ron sucks on TWAT cause you heard from a friend that a bandember said that Ron sounded like a mess on TWAT, haha. Think for yourself man, not plausible.

You keep avoiding my sentences about that well...Axl (IMO) didn't exaclty sounded all that great on TWAT live? I don't hear you moaning about that? But yet you pick on the new bandmember without comments of substance. Yeah, you state as fact that some bandmember said something along those line to your friend. I mean, c'mon, you hold us for idiots? not working.  Cheesy

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »

I think everyone should stop arguing with him and just let him be. It's not getting anywhere and most of the points he's making have no merit at all, so just ignore him and let him drive himself crazy over fucking nothing.

amen to that!!!

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2006, 06:51:05 PM »

Why are you arguing about Ron not being able to play TWAY in a thread about Brain playing with Praxis?? Maybe you should start a thread about it?? And please don't speak for everyone saying that, "Anyone that paid money is going to be pissed if Brain isn't there and they have Frank on drums instead." Actually I'll be happy to see Guns N' Roses whether Brain is playing or not. 99% of the people at the shows won't even know the difference, so why would you say "EVERYONE" that paid money will be pissed?? YOU WILL BE PISSED, but not everyone. Now stop trying to be Brains mom and giving him rules he HAS to follow because he is in GN'R. I hope Brain plays 10 more shows with Praxis just so we can all see Dave sit here and complain about it for the next year. I think everyone should stop arguing with him and just let him be. It's not getting anywhere and most of the points he's making have no merit at all, so just ignore him and let him drive himself crazy over fucking nothing.

right on dude. fucking amen. This is the first and the last time I got into a discussion with him.  ok

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2006, 06:59:20 PM »

You are not following. Ron MISSES the notes. I am not even going to get into anymore. You dont know what you are talking about. Ron is there to play BHs parts on the album, and he cant play TWAT, its that simple.   He didnt even play it well, that is the problem. I dont care if he changes it but play it good. He hasnt done it. Even Axl doesnt think the song sounded good live, that is why he took it off the set list and rarely plays it. Listen to the song live, Ron doesnt even attempt one of BHs solos he just forgets to play it or doesnt even bother to attempt it. And the BH solo outro is NOT going to change unless its not him anymore since BH quit gnr and never re did the solo

WOW, you seem to really have it down, and are the all know, TWAT  hasnt been taken off the set list cause of your claims . Remind me again how many times was TWat done live , , seriously, for you be so bold to make a sweeping statement about a member. Actually its kinda redundant and stupid to start arguing this, cause its so off the point of the thread.

So whatever keep arguing ! its pointless!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »

EDIT: And WHY EVEN ARGUE WITH DAVE OVER GUITAR PLAYING??? He's a guitar playing God I'm sure. Why doesn't Axl get this guy in the band?? Axl sure must be a dumb ass because Dave isn't in the band and he picked some shitty guy name Ron that can't even play the guitar right. Why don't they just stop playing altogether because they already took TWAT off the setlist because Ron doesn't know what he's doing. I'm going to send an email to Merck like every other fucker here and tell him to tell Axl that Dave should play lead guitar. Maybe Dave should sing as well?? Or play drums because Frank can't do the job either. God Axl, why have people play that Dave says can't play?? Axl doesn't know what the hell he's doing, does he Dave?? Maybe Dave should go re-write CD as well. Then we could have a PERFECT album for sure. Dave is never wrong and he can do everything perfect. Nobody is as good as him at ANYTHING!!!? I worship you Dave. You are a musical GOD. I love all the albums you have written and all of those live shows you play to thousands of people, I HAVE THEM ALL!!! Keep the great music coming Dave. You are my favorite and most perfect musician ever.

Dont try me started the Ron tangent. So blame him. ?And again why are you getting so pissy that I think its wrong for Brain to take time off from gnr yet play with another band while gnr is on tour. ?I think its wrong. I love how you can have your opinion that its ok yet I cant have mine that its wrong. You need to calm yourself down.

As for Ron AGAIN I said he cant play ONE SONG right and I dont like his KOHD song, that does not mean I think he sucks. check my post history, I always stick up for Ron and his playing. I think he is amazing, so once again you are WRONG. I also think this is funny as hell since I think wrong fucks up ONE SONG yet we have had 100s of posts about how Robin cant play the AFD songs to their likely. Get a grip.

As for Frank being average, I am not the only person with that opinion and even started a thread about his playing if people liked it or not and it go DELETED because there were too many people bashing Franks playing. Go figure ?ok

I have been to about 5 gnr shows and i have 100s of their live cds. I think I know if Frank can play or not. If you ranked the gnr drummers he would be dead last.

As for me being wrong. Again maybe I should add your name to my SIG with bookers name. You should read it sometime.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2006, 07:05:13 PM »

Did you see the Germany show of Nightrain?? Likewise for KOHD? Ron kicks ass on those.? See him working up the fretboard at lightning speed!? He has a great sense for melody as well as shredding.?

Just a little weed, but I'd sure like to try some of yours.

Yes, I've seen the Germany show, after I read all the praise. Can't really say I understand what all the fuzz is about. It's basically seemingly headless shredding. A few good spots are hit, but alot of them are also missed. Like I said, I'm sure he will improve, he's touching it, but as of now the grasp is a few step ahead..

Feel free too disagree.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2006, 07:06:01 PM »

Just a little weed, but I'd sure like to try some of yours.

Yes, I've seen the Germany show, after I read all the praise. Can't really say I understand what all the fuzz is about. It's basically seemingly headless shredding. A few good spots are hit, but alot of them are also missed. Like I said, I'm sure he will improve, he's touching it, but as of now the grasp is a few step ahead..

Feel free too disagree.

Becareful before lennon and dont try me start bashing you for you thinking Ron doesnt play the solo well.

jazjme for the last time, please try and follow. One of my friends talked to one of the band members and asked about TWAT. That was the answer my friend was given. So I guess YOU and a few others on here know the reason they dont play?it much at all better than someone in the band. Gotcha
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:13:43 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2006, 07:07:09 PM »

Dave that little threat about adding me to your sig, really scares me. Please don't do that. The last thing I want in this world is to have my name by any of your posts. But I am really scared. Will you be my mommy like your Brains mommy and come and hug me Dave... I'm scared.

EDIT: AND DAVE, I never bashed you. If you are really that sensitive about things that are said to you, don't fucking say anything then. AND HOW THE HELL DO YOU TAKE THINGS SO PERSONAL ON A MESSAGE BOARD THAT YOU ACTUALLY ADD PEOPLE TO YOUR SIG?? That's really fucking pathetic by the way.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:11:02 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2006, 07:11:15 PM »

Dave that little threat about adding me to your sig, really scares me. Please don't do that. The last thing I want in this world is to have my name by any of your posts. But I am really scared. Will you be my mommy like your Brains mommy and come and hug me Dave... I'm scared.

EDIT: AND DAVE, I never bashed you. If you are really that sensitive about things that are said to you, don't fucking say anything then.

I am not sensitive about anything. You just need to learn that because you think he plays its great does not mean he does and that others may not think its good.  You are going off and making chidish wise cracks because I said Ron cant play ONE song well. If anyone is overrreacting its you and a few others who are flying off the handle because I said Ron hasnt played twat well yet.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: