Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:06:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ideas for what to do when.. it all starts...?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas for what to do when.. it all starts...?  (Read 14318 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: May 14, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »

Its been a pretty long for some Cool
One thing is for sure when it comes to Guns N Roses. They have some really patience fans! But we share the patience
with the people who stand behind all the really hard work, making the best music possible, for the fans to hear. This new
Chinese Democracy album seams to get closer and closer to see the day of light, and im pretty sure they are working on
som heavy stuff with all the deals around a release like this.

We allready know, that the album is finished, we know that there are lots of songs recorded, and that there may be four
records worth of material. It is no seacret that GnR have always had theyr cards close to themself, and after all this time
it looks like that was a pretty good idea. Yesterday is came over a link to Metallicas homepage, and saw that they have
already started the promotion on theyr upcoming album, which it looks like is going to be called "Mission". Im not really a
big Metallica fan, but in one way or another i think that they are kind of interesting. But i really like the way they are making
some buzz about theyr new release, already now! And i wonder if this would be something concidered by Guns N Roses. I dont
know, maybe GnR have worked out theyr own way to promote theyr upcoming release/s. But it would be really cool, if they would
do some online promotion for it. As soon as we get a release date, im pretty sure things start rolling, and im so looking forward to it

In the end, and what i really was going to post in this tread. What can we, the fans do to help make som buzz around the release.
I remember it were some talks about street teams a while back, that maybe would be up again, when the release was closing in to us.
What do i know. Maybe GnR want to do this by themself, and we can all sit back and relax, but it would be cool to show our support
with a crazy idea, showing that there still is some crazy bastards out there who are really happy and excited about this.

Let this be a tread where you can put some crazy ideas about what we can do, in the timeframe from an official releasedate, to the release!
Maybe arrange some kickass releasepartys in every town on the whole fucking planet? Or what about making radiostations, studentradios,
or something like that play GnR, all day long!

ideas?

ohh.. back to my archaeologi books!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

It depends on the marketing really, because if it all blows up in the anticipation of release, and this place gets mobbed, the first thing that I'll be doing is asking for a pay rise. I mean, you never know, I may even have to start doing some work.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:22:48 PM »

It depends on the marketing really, because if it all blows up in the anticipation of release, and this place gets mobbed, the first thing that I'll be doing is asking for a pay rise. I mean, you never know, I may even have to start doing some work.

hehe..
yeah, i thought you guys had a pretty good finansial deal already.. ?

But it would be cool to be apart of the circus, with making some huge release partys around the world... GIVE ME A FERNET BRANCA! I say

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »

We can talk about this until the cows come home if you want to, but it depends entirely on the medium in which the album is released. If released as a download, marketing differs. If released as a hard-copy, marketing differs.

But the important thing is that the album adapts for the digital age. Very few companies and artists have done this, but there are some ahead of the curve. The music and movie industry is rapidly changing and few are adapting, let alone ahead of the curve.

The essential thing is viral marketing and I'd recommend a partnership with Apple. By using a social networking site such as MySpace and Facebook, you allow access to your music for free while generating word of mouth about your product. We all will come into play with this as well. Jarmo tells his friend to buy the album, his friend tells his other friend who doesn't really like the band, who tells his girlfriend, who tells her friends, etc. etc. Word of mouth is very important and viral marketing is the new way to do it.

I don't think that the album will (or should be) free online, however I do believe that digital downloads for the entire album is a great idea. Set prices for different quality, etc., and a partnership with Apple would be very advantageous. By having a partnership with Apple and an official iTunes store, you would allow people to download behind-the-scenes videos and other media (podcasts with Del James and the band members occasionally?) you would also bring in some money that way. A partnership with Apple would gain exposure on their website "Featured Content" and "Top Artists" and also on their iTunes store, which provides a medium to access the material while you bring in "the American Idol" crowd and gain new fans.

Steve Jobs plugging the album or flicking through it during an iPhone/iPod Touch demo at one of the Apple keynotes would instantly inspire thousands of Apple Fanboys to download a single the very least. Nothing against the band, but they need to grow their online community and show concern for their fanbase. Look at that stupid clip of Madonna vaccuuming on YouTube, if Axl said, "Hey what's up this is Axl and me and Baz are going out for drinks later and we just wanted to say hi, we can't wait to see you on tour this fall" or something along those lines, this forum would go bat-shit crazy.

In short I recommend:
  • New MySpace Page with songs from the album + MySpace "Chinese Democracy" ads.
  • Ability to download the album via GunsNRoses.com with high-quality files for audiophiles.
  • Revamped iTunes Store with possible partnership with Apple.
  • Content such as videos and podcasts offered free providing rewards and incentives for fans.
  • The already in-place Dr. Pepper campaign including TV Commercial.
  • Primetime TV spot during popular TV show maximizing the casual GNR crowd.

Anyway, there are pretty much endless possibilities, but Axl is a seasoned vet and Irving and Andy are also smart guys, so I'm sure they'll work out something great.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

Are they still in neogations ??

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »

Ideas for what to do when.. it all starts...?

First, collect on all those bets
Second, throw a.."I told you mother f@#%*&!" party, where you constantly brag about your knowledge of GnR, and their imminent return to the top
Third, and most importantly, throw a.."I told you mother f@#%*&!" party, where you constantly brag about your knowledge of GnR, and their imminent return to the top

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »

i still like the plan that involves Dr. Pepper Grin

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 10:01:48 PM »

Buy five copies... Grin

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:28:04 AM »

Buy five copies... Grin

i have the feeling with artists becoming more and more involved in releasing their own music soley through the internet that GNR might actually try this...i have no evidence of this...just a thought
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:15:32 AM »

what to do when it all starts? this may sound crazy but for one am going to buy the album and then see a live concert.

and mustaine for president? dave mustaine shops at the grocery store i work at, nice guy.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 06:52:12 AM »

Buy five copies... Grin

i have the feeling with artists becoming more and more involved in releasing their own music soley through the internet that GNR might actually try this...i have no evidence of this...just a thought

(I think that you'll find that as far as many of the big bands go, a digital release has been followed by a physical one...)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:01:21 AM »

What to do? I think i might retire by then  Tongue

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 07:08:35 AM »

Rather than build castles in the air, I'll worry about that when the label announces the official release date.

Fuck 'Em All.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »

the anticipation marketing cant be too drawn out cause then people will be sick of the album before they even hear the single on the radio

but then again, if the anticipation marketing isnt long enough, then the whole marketing of the album is pointless as half the fun in marketing is creating hunger for a product that isnt available yet...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »

Yes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »

Shocked

OMG! STREET TEAMS FTW!!!11!!!

rofl

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 04:33:59 PM »

Yes

Embarrassed

Somewhere in the corner of a dark room a record company exec is sitting with a slab of rock and a cold steel chisel, "What's our latest offer to Mr.Rose again? I need to get it etched into this piece of stone asap so that we can strap to the turtles back and send him on his way to the Malibu mansion!! - Oh crap, I added an extra zero to that number! I gotta start the 5 hour process over again?!"

Everything just seems to be moving at a snails pace.  Cry

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

Shocked

rofl

Like Buckethead, it's yesterdays humor  peace
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »

Yes

Embarrassed

Somewhere in the corner of a dark room a record company exec is sitting with a slab of rock and a cold steel chisel, "What's our latest offer to Mr.Rose again? I need to get it etched into this piece of stone asap so that we can strap to the turtles back and send him on his way to the Malibu mansion!! - Oh crap, I added an extra zero to that number! I gotta start the 5 hour process over again?!"

Everything just seems to be moving at a snails pace.  Cry

So turtles are as slow as snails?

Times have changed. Both parties are wanting what is best for them is a completely different era to the last album release.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »

Shocked

rofl

Street team, beat team, it would be cool to make some crazy stuff, when things starts rollin..
I have talked to some people i know abit in the Town where i live, about some cool GnR releasepartys
when the time comes.. Would be cool to see pictures on HTGTH from GnR CD partys all over the world =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: