Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 101962 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »

Guns N' Roses expected to be announced Reading Festival headliners

The first announcement of acts playing next year's Reading Festival will be announced at 8am on Friday with Guns N' Roses expected to be on the bill. Craig Jones writes for What's On.

It is thought the rock group will play with their original line-up at the event with the festival taking place simultaneously with one in Leeds.

This year's festivities saw The Libertines, Mumford and Sons and Metallica headline.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-expected-announced-Reading-Festival/story-28275118-detail/story.html

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 10:50:03 AM »

It might be, but it's only the first announcement, so they might hold off one or two headliners yet.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »

I'm surprised they are going back to Reading/Leeds after last time! It's a shame they can't organise a later curfew.

Even in 2002 their set was dogged with issues regarding time (That was a brilliant show however).

Perhaps Axl feels he has unfinished business with Reading. It's not the best festival these days, very young trendy crowd mostly celebrating there exam results. Give me a full arena tour any day.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »

I'm surprised they are going back to Reading/Leeds after last time! It's a shame they can't organise a later curfew.

If they indeed are playing Reading/Leeds, I don't think Axl cares about what happened last time. If he can make up with Slash, I think the Reading Festival is good to go...  Wink

Going by the recent years concerts, I don't think late start times is a big issue anymore anyways.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »

You also have to figure if Slash is agreeing to come back, he's likely informed Axl that the days of going on at 11:30PM are over.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »

You also have to figure if Slash is agreeing to come back, he's likely informed Axl that the days of going on at 11:30PM are over.

To be honest, I think it is more like Axl letting Slash back in.

Sweetness is a virtue
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »

Haha.. I think we've just found the new discussion/argument!

Well, I'm keeping everything crossed until the end of the week.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »

With Queen closing the Isle of Wight I'm hoping the band is gonna do Saturday, or push down Steriophonics on the Friday   ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

With Queen closing the Isle of Wight I'm hoping the band is gonna do Saturday, or push down Steriophonics on the Friday   ok

They are one of the rumored bands for this festival. Unsure where the rumor origins from though.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »

In this fantasy... wouldn't it make more sense for Guns N Roses to announce their big reunion deal before a festival grabs the headlines by letting everybody know hey we snagged Guns N Roses with Slash for this summer?

Just spitballing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »

They are one of the rumored bands for this festival. Unsure where the rumor origins from though.
John Giddins, the Solo promoter  usually pulls out something special each year, but with Queens only UK show, me thinks this might be it, clearly hope that it isn't THE main event (for me at least) have got tickets anyway  Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 12:51:52 PM »

Oh ultimately, absolutely right. 

Slash had no ticket back in until Axl thawed his feelings towards him and finally decided to give up the ghost with all these replacement line-ups.  Both things had to happen, and were Axl's decisions.

I just don't think Slash is coming back, hat in hand, desperate for a job.  He's doing just fine on his own.  So I have to imagine some things were agreed to before things really got rolling here, if they even did.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »

In this fantasy... wouldn't it make more sense for Guns N Roses to announce their big reunion deal before a festival grabs the headlines by letting everybody know hey we snagged Guns N Roses with Slash for this summer?

Just spitballing.

That's a good point.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 12:57:58 PM »

I just don't think Slash is coming back, hat in hand, desperate for a job.  He's doing just fine on his own.  So I have to imagine some things were agreed to before things really got rolling here, if they even did.

Do you think Slash could see past being 1 hour late for every show in exchange for $10 million dollars?  Grin

Or, would that be a "deal breaker" for him?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 01:16:55 PM »

Do you think Slash could see past being 1 hour late for every show in exchange for $10 million dollars?  Grin

Or, would that be a "deal breaker" for him?

Dunno.

I see two issues.  And one is an argument I hate, the "slippery slope" argument.  I just find that so lazy.

But it sort of applies here.  Let's say he agrees to Axl ready to take the stage no later than an hour past announced time.  What happens that first night its 1:05?  Or 1:20?  Then what?

And from that, what's the penalty?  Boxers have to agree to fines imposed if they can't make weight.  Would there have to be something similar here?  I think that's the sort of language that becomes the dealbreaker scenario.

You can say that all doesn't have to be spelled out, but this Axl Rose we are talking about here.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »

I doubt Axl would sign anything that says he'll have to pay fines if he's late. There's always the chance outside circumstances causes a delay, who's to decide if Axl has to pay up or not?

I think the "late thing" has become less of a problem, so it might not be an issue at all if a reunion is on the table. There could be some level of trust involved, just Axl telling Slash "Don't worry about that".

Sweetness is a virtue
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »

Is it possible that today was the last Tuesday?

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 03:35:29 PM »

Who knows. Gnr did reading in 2010, Leeds in 2002... I bet they would play again... Why not? If so... I can't wait to see the two new guitarist or hybrid lineup. What ever they will bring it will rock!

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »

The first announcement of acts playing next year's Reading Festival will be announced at 8am on Friday with Guns N' Roses expected to be on the bill.

I apologize in advance for possibly not understanding enough.

But in this sentence, those two things don't have to be connected at all.

In English: Even if band X was booked for said festival, doesn't mean they have to be announced on Friday. They could announce other bands that play the same festival. Does that make sense or is it just my lack of understanding?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 03:53:20 PM »

I doubt Axl would sign anything that says he'll have to pay fines if he's late. There's always the chance outside circumstances causes a delay, who's to decide if Axl has to pay up or not?

Yeah, that's the thing.  I don't know. 

I think the "late thing" has become less of a problem, so it might not be an issue at all if a reunion is on the table. There could be some level of trust involved, just Axl telling Slash "Don't worry about that".

Then I would have no pity for Slash if things go sideways.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: