Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:57:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Barbara Bush opens mouth and inserts foot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barbara Bush opens mouth and inserts foot.  (Read 7480 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 06:27:08 PM »

she is just the product of a priviledged life, like her husband,? lives in a different world than the rest of us and definitely is far more removed from the lowest economic faction of the US...if she's referring to money and material things, its a bit insensitive...didn't these people also lose and\or been separated from family members and friends... Huh

"There are people who have better lives in prison than they do on the outside, so her statement wasnt all together untrue."
That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard...better lives in prision, yeah take my freedom away please! You are an ass sometimes. Roll Eyes

and u wonder why u are NOONESPECIAL and no one cares about anything u say

U talk about someone not living in the real world

there are people who commit crimes just to get sent to prison so get out of your fucking fantasy world u ditzy fuck

IN prison U get 3 meals, a place to sleep, TV, games a job,medical insurance drugs and everything else

so dont act like your liberal lets all hold hands and sing We are the world opinions are so fucking intelligent when anyone with an IQ over 10 would know what I am sayin is the truth and if people dont know this is the truth they are very over priviledged and have less of a clue than u do.

U are an over priviledged fuck who dont know the people I know and would fuckin run for your life if u came within eye sight of the people i know. Trust me, There are plenty who consider prison an upgrade.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:30:05 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 06:42:32 PM »

she is just the product of a priviledged life, like her husband,  lives in a different world than the rest of us and definitely is far more removed from the lowest economic faction of the US...if she's referring to money and material things, its a bit insensitive...didn't these people also lose and\or been separated from family members and friends... Huh

"There are people who have better lives in prison than they do on the outside, so her statement wasnt all together untrue."
That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard...better lives in prision, yeah take my freedom away please! You are an ass sometimes. Roll Eyes

U are an over priviledged fuck..........

This is rather ugly...don't ya think?
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »

"and u wonder why u are NOONESPECIAL and no one cares about anything u say"
No I never said that, and I actually picked my screen name  Huh

there are people who commit crimes just to get sent to prison
And you're calling me ditzy Grin but I can tell by the number of times you used the word fuck that you are definitely getting the education that you speak of...english major right?

IN prison U get 3 meals, a place to sleep, TV, games a job,medical insurance drugs and everything else
Except Freedom

so dont act like your liberal lets all hold hands and sing We are the world opinions are so fucking intelligent when anyone with an IQ over 10 would know what I am sayin is the truth and if people dont know this is the truth they are very over priviledged and have less of a clue than u do.
I never said anything about we are the world...the thread is about what Barbara Bush said about the the folks who have been misplaced...

"U are an over priviledged fuck who dont know the people I know

Oh so you're writing from the prison computer D, hmmm, now let me just get some clarification are you the one with your pocket turned out or do you have a bitch? Lighten up dude\dudette...if you're going to fly off the handle every time someone disagrees with what you say, you are in for a lot of wasted energy...I admire the spunk  though, keep it up ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 11:51:58 PM »

Sorry Noonespecial, I had a testicle removed today so I was kinda aggravated

But I promise there are people who have a better life in jail than on the streets, it is true

but u know what I probably am wrong though cause I dont know how it is in the rest of the country but where Im from people on welfare live better than People who work hard for a living.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2005, 12:00:02 AM »

Sorry Noonespecial, I had a testicle removed today so I was kinda aggravated

But I promise there are people who have a better life in jail than on the streets, it is true

but u know what I probably am wrong though cause I dont know how it is in the rest of the country but where Im from people on welfare live better than People who work hard for a living.

I have some experience working with low income people, and I've been told that 3 children is the magic number to really live well on welfare.  I do know that in my area of California, welfare (called general assistance) pays $206 per month for a single adult.  If you get section 8 housing, you can plan on spending 30% of that $206 on rent.  What you have left is your spending money.  You don't usually use it to buy food, since if you get G.A. you also get food stamps.   They usually can't afford a car payment, but they get a bus pass.  If you have nothing, it can keep you off the street.  So I don't really think that's living better for most working adults, but I could be wrong.

There are without a doubt people who prefer to be in jail.  They get food, housing, and medical care, and for some, it is where they are most comfortable.  I think they are probably in the minority though.  I think most people prefer freedom.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005, 12:07:57 AM »

Yeah Sterling but they live better than people working for minimium wage.

U get reduced rent,Food stamps,Free daycare,medical card

If u work minimum wage u cant even afford an apt on your own.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005, 12:28:56 AM »

That is pathetically true. If you work for minimum wage I don't think you could swing a car payment, and housing, not to mention kids, groceries, utilities, gas etc...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005, 12:29:26 AM »

There is a guy in my town ( and I`m sure you have one in your town too) who has been hanging out on street corners for 10 years with a sign asking for money or that he is hungry or looking for work etc......he is respectful and is not harrasing in any way. But he has asked me for money and a chance for employment. I gave him $5 and mentioned to him my company was looking for help with a few jobs here and there with some moderate lifting of fitness equipment, I offered him a days wage of $70 ?since we were short handed at the time. He turned it down stating he could make more begging on the street corner. Sometimes playing the role of the underprivlaged will get you more than the person who is willing to work for their money.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2005, 01:25:39 AM »

That is pathetically true. If you work for minimum wage I don't think you could swing a car payment, and housing, not to mention kids, groceries, utilities, gas etc...

It seems impossible if you don't do it.? I hire people for just over minimum wage, usually about $7.00 an hour (in California).? They survive.? Its not easy, often they will work overtime, maybe have more than one job.? But they make it.? They get food stamps.? They walk.? They get section 8 housing.? ?I've seen many people make it work, because they are determined, and are good people who care about what we do.? What upsets me most is when I see my staff, who are generally very poor, getting taken advantage of.? They are uneducated, and when they do buy a car, they get taken.? They pay $100 to get their EZ tax forms filled out.? I try to help, but there's only so much I can do as their boss.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 01:29:15 AM by Sterling » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2005, 01:44:20 AM »

California is a beautiful place with beautiful people, but I don`t see how you can afford to live there.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2005, 02:26:21 AM »

It seems impossible if you don't do it.  I hire people for just over minimum wage, usually about $7.00 an hour (in California).  They survive.  Its not easy, often they will work overtime, maybe have more than one job.  But they make it.  They get food stamps.  They walk.  They get section 8 housing.   I've seen many people make it work, because they are determined, and are good people who care about what we do.  What upsets me most is when I see my staff, who are generally very poor, getting taken advantage of.  They are uneducated, and when they do buy a car, they get taken.  They pay $100 to get their EZ tax forms filled out.  I try to help, but there's only so much I can do as their boss.

I guess I was referring to people who don't get government help. Or I was assuming the did not anyway.

I do agree that poor people are always exploited. It sucks to watch, often times even grocery stores in their area are higher priced than others. If you don't have a car, your choices are limited and you can only shop there.

The thing that is the most depressing is that it can only take one slip up for these people. One broken leg, one medical bill, one lay off, and the entire house of cards comes down.

I thank God for my life, everyday. You better believe it. I could not imagine chosing between food and paying the electric... Embarrassed
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2005, 03:38:44 PM »

For those of you that think that the people on welfare live better than someone with a job... you're totally wrong.

First... welfare is a very degrading thing to have to apply for... it takes a part of your soul to have to sit in that office, and beg for a way of living. 

Second, regarding housing assistance... it's not something you're automatically ushered in to when you apply for welfare.  You have to apply separately, and you have to apply for EACH CITY... in other words, you can't apply in Anaheim, CA and expect to be able to get housing in Buena Park CA.  For each city, there is a 4 - 6 week timeframe EACH YEAR in which you can apply (sometimes, there is NO time frame, depending upon the availability of funds in a given year), and then, you're put on a waiting list.  Sometimes, you get called in to evaluate your eligibility, sometimes your not... and then, you have to reapply... the process can take years... sometimes 5 to 7 years, sometimes you can get lucky, and get approved through a apartment renovation spot... which means, the city in which you applied loaned the owners of an apartment complex a certain amount of money to rennovate their property, in return for this low interest loan, they have a certain number of apartments that are dedicated to low income housing/housing assistance... and when those apartments become available, everyone on the waiting list is notified, so you have a one in several thousand chance of getting that apartment before your name hits the top of the waiting list.

In the meantime, you have to pay for full priced housing... In California, that means from $550 (in the most run down locations) to $900 (run down, but, better than other areas) per month.  More often than not, your cash assistance (welfare) does not even meet the cost of your housing, much less any utilities. 

If you are on welfare, you are most likely on the welfare to work program, which does mean added benefits of paid child  care and transportation costs... however, your cash assistance is then lowered substantially because of your income.

Then,  there is the look of disgust you get from every individual around you when you shop with your food stamps.  That's always fun... but... yes... you are right... people on welfare DO live better.

That's just the tip of the ice burg... really... it's very easy to say that someone living on welfare has it better... but, until you've actually lived it, your speaking quite ignorantly.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2005, 09:40:30 PM »

Isnt like that where I live

we have HUD which pays single mother's rent, where Im from the people on welfare live large or at least as good as two people working minimium wage full time jobs but they get benefits whereas the people with the jobs dont.

People arent ashamed at all where Im from.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2005, 11:53:38 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/06/katrina.presidents.ap/?section=cnn_us

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," she said during a radio interview with the American Public Media program "Marketplace." "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

Somehow, I have to think she didn't mean exactly what she said...but talk about saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, eh?

she gets it from listening to her idiot husband  for years on  end.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2005, 08:12:41 AM »

What she meant was that alot of these people didn't have shit and now the federal government is giving them $2,000 each.

Anyway, haven't the lefties always been preaching about the poor having nothing?

No more homes, no more furnitures, nowhere to go but wow how lucky they are ! they were given 2000 dollars !? Roll Eyes

Of course it's better than nothing at all ! But reread what you just wrote ! These people have lost everything some may have even lost a family member or friends !

But haven't we always been told about how the poor have nothing and are living from one welfare check to the next?? Now you're telling us that they have lost all their valuable posessions?? Maybe those limited edition dvd copies of shaft were worth alot.

The true colors of racism come to a head.

I think that assuming when someone mentions the poor that they are always talking about blacks is the real racism in this.? The trailer parks of america are full of poor white trash as well.

Calling me a racist for making a joke about shaft is a cheap shot and really is beneath you.

No cheap shots here, only replying to a cheap comment.

You threw the Shaft comment onto the table. I don't remember hearing anybody make a joke about poor white trash watching Shaft.

Making a joke about Shaft certainly has a racist tone, don't even try it.

I used to have a little respect for the fact that you had beliefs which you tried to defend no matter how obviously wrong you were but you just had to revert to type with the old liberal, "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist" bullshit.

Making a joke about shaft has fuck all to do with racism, you just want to take a cheap shot at barbara bush for speaking the truth.? In new orleans there are alot of poor blacks who own nothing and didnt lose alot in the hurricane and they're doing pretty well now.

Your guilty white ass makes me sick.

1) Shaft is "blacksploitation".  It's always been labeled as such.  If you didn't mean to associate your comments in that manner, you should have chosen a better example ("Joe Dirt", perhaps?).  The insinuation you make when using Shaft as an example is that the people you're talking about are black.  If it's not what you meant...just clarify.

2)  I don't think BB meant what she said as phrased.  I don't think any sane person can actually think that, after losing all their worldly posessions, meager as they might have been, their homes, their jobs (meager as they might have been), possibly loved ones, and certainly any normalcy or security they may have had you can possibly think these people are "better off".  For YOU to say otherwise is ignorant, naive, insensitive, and so ludicrous it's amazing.  Think about it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2005, 08:22:20 AM »

For those of you that think that the people on welfare live better than someone with a job... you're totally wrong.

First... welfare is a very degrading thing to have to apply for... it takes a part of your soul to have to sit in that office, and beg for a way of living.?

Second, regarding housing assistance... it's not something you're automatically ushered in to when you apply for welfare.? You have to apply separately, and you have to apply for EACH CITY... in other words, you can't apply in Anaheim, CA and expect to be able to get housing in Buena Park CA.? For each city, there is a 4 - 6 week timeframe EACH YEAR in which you can apply (sometimes, there is NO time frame, depending upon the availability of funds in a given year), and then, you're put on a waiting list.? Sometimes, you get called in to evaluate your eligibility, sometimes your not... and then, you have to reapply... the process can take years... sometimes 5 to 7 years, sometimes you can get lucky, and get approved through a apartment renovation spot... which means, the city in which you applied loaned the owners of an apartment complex a certain amount of money to rennovate their property, in return for this low interest loan, they have a certain number of apartments that are dedicated to low income housing/housing assistance... and when those apartments become available, everyone on the waiting list is notified, so you have a one in several thousand chance of getting that apartment before your name hits the top of the waiting list.

In the meantime, you have to pay for full priced housing... In California, that means from $550 (in the most run down locations) to $900 (run down, but, better than other areas) per month.? More often than not, your cash assistance (welfare) does not even meet the cost of your housing, much less any utilities.?

If you are on welfare, you are most likely on the welfare to work program, which does mean added benefits of paid child? care and transportation costs... however, your cash assistance is then lowered substantially because of your income.

Then,? there is the look of disgust you get from every individual around you when you shop with your food stamps.? That's always fun... but... yes... you are right... people on welfare DO live better.

That's just the tip of the ice burg... really... it's very easy to say that someone living on welfare has it better... but, until you've actually lived it, your speaking quite ignorantly.

Just to flavor the discussion:

CT, at least, has tried to remove the "stigma" from food stamps.  Instead of WIC coupons or actual "stamps", CT issues an EBT card (sort of like an ATM card) that all grocery stores are required to accept (as they were required to accept food stamps).  When you pay...you're swiping a card like anyone else. 

Together again,
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 01:03:46 PM »

Pilferk, why are you so deffensive of BB?  What has she done for us?  Kept her mouth shut while her husband and son have destroyed our economy and our environment.  She's an elitist moron like the rest of the Bush clan.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2005, 01:18:54 PM »

Pilferk, why are you so deffensive of BB?? What has she done for us?? Kept her mouth shut while her husband and son have destroyed our economy and our environment.? She's an elitist moron like the rest of the Bush clan.

I'm obviously not trying to be "defensive" of her, or I wouldn't have posted the original quote/article link.

However, I'm not going to assume her intent via words on the page.  Given just how horrifying her comments were, I'm assuming she either wasn't thinking about what she was saying, or meant something other than what the words conveyed.  I could very well be wrong....but I'm not willing to completely damn her out of turn without a bit more information.  Given the quote, in context, it can be taken to mean two completely different things, so...

Did she mean "the storm is working out well for them"?

Or did she mean "the hospitality provided by the Texans is working out very well for them"?

You can read it either way, and without some clarification....I'm just a little gun shy about bashing the hell out of the woman.

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 05:00:24 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/06/katrina.presidents.ap/?section=cnn_us

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," she said during a radio interview with the American Public Media program "Marketplace." "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

Somehow, I have to think she didn't mean exactly what she said...but talk about saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, eh?

she gets it from listening to her idiot husband  for years on  end.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: