Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227861 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  The VMA Rehersals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The VMA Rehersals  (Read 28683 times)
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »

Oops, I mean't in that second sentence that I am NOT meaning to taunt you guys with it.  WOw sure came out wrong. Sorry
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 10:25:35 PM »

Getting vegas is a really really hard thing to do. Some of us have been trying to get it for months.....
yomomma
Rebel without a clue
Banned
Headliner

The One

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 10:28:27 PM »

thank you for that response.much respect.

velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 10:31:03 PM »

Yeah,
But now you have someone that is willing to give up something just as rare.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 10:37:11 PM »

Yeah,
But now you have someone that is willing to give up something just as rare.

Man you dont know what these hoarders are like. Your definately not gonna get it like this. Your totally going about it the wrong way man. Unfortunately they now know you would trade it out after you gets it so now they wont trade at all...
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 10:40:48 PM »

Well, you all now know the situation by now. So...if you can work out the deal to get it, then you will have a copy of both.  As for what you do with it then I don't really care.

Oh and by the way, I might be pitching an idea for a documentury about either GNR or concert trading in general.  The way I would pitch it would be kind of like a Chris Guest movie (Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show)....a comedy told by the real traders...kind of like a mocumentury.  Would anyone be interested in participating?  I have no idea if it will happen; however, if the right people like the idea you could see yourself on the big screen. 
yomomma
Rebel without a clue
Banned
Headliner

The One

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 10:42:15 PM »

shit,iwould be a star!!!  everybody knows me...

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2005, 03:14:58 AM »

haha! I hardly ever participate in these discussions, but I remember saying once (in one of those 1000 'normal' threads that turned into the usual hoarders/sellers-discussion):

"This is turning into an episode of the Bold & The Beautiful: all the drama... :-P"

and now people are actually saying they have plans to make such a doc. So.... I really think "it was me that released the idea to you, maybe not intentionaly, however, it was me. "  hihi

anyway, just fuckin' kidding...

and velvet1223 (or scott, it is?),  what's on the Vault's dvds pt. 1-3?  Smiley

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 04:43:45 AM »

Thank you for those explanations, but we don't need two different threads.

- merged -

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 05:15:43 AM »

velvet, if you really want Vegas, there's one sure thing: you WON'T find it here. Believe it or not, but nobody here has it. No one in the States or in Europe has it.

The best way for you to get it is to hit the Japanese trading market/ circles, which is VERY hard to get in. Why? Because there is NO personnally authored version done by some random authorer, the only existing version is from Universal Music Japan's vaults (or warehouse). The only chance for us to get it is that some guy working at the warehouse or at UMJ would grab a copy or make a DVDR out of it and release it to the Japanese trading circles, and even that is not a sure thing. No one has ever seen that DVD, no screenshots, no clips, nothing. Even if that would seem absurd to us, maybe all copies have been destroyed or stored somewhere no one can have access to after the release got cancelled.

If someone has any info (ie fact) showing the contrary, I would be very interested to see it. I personnaly don't believe urban legends saying it's already out there. Seriously, your best bet is Japan.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 05:17:20 AM by Will » Logged

yomomma
Rebel without a clue
Banned
Headliner

The One

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005, 08:40:03 AM »

fair enough.

conny
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2005, 10:29:43 AM »

Here's what I'd trade Vegas for (if I had it):

- Chinese Democracy Studio Tracks
- The Perfect Crime

Now go figure...
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 11:33:03 AM »

As interesting as the VMA rehearsal footage would be, I really don't believe that someone who could have Vegas would see that as a "equal" trade/match. Vegas 01-01-01 marks the beginning of the 'new'-Guns era and is a pro-shot, pro-authored, ready-to-go release full concert... it's kinda regarded as the holy-grail amongst fans of GN'R gig bootlegs. Using the VMA rehearsal as a way to bring Vegas to the light probably won't do unfortunately. It's gonna take something like CD studio tracks or another completely unreleased pro-shot, full quality concert to make that happen.

Without trying to sound "desperate", I believe the best course of action Velvet is to give the VMA rehearsal DVD to someone to upload and share to the community. You'll be hugely respected and probably become a hero... and let's face it, some good karma is needed amongst us. It might seem like a 'big' thing to just give away, but sometimes it's good to do something selfless and worthwhile for the whole. I for one would greatly thank you anyway.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2005, 02:17:43 PM »

Well, I am saving my selfless act to stop world hunger.  I have other stuff that would go with the VMA's to get Vegas.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005, 02:25:19 PM »

I'm not sure you've read my post above. No one is even sure Vegas is available at all, outside Universal Japan's boxes. Like I said, I don't think you will find your contacts to get it - if it's out there - on this board or any other "known" board, you will have to check in Japan.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »

As interesting as the VMA rehearsal footage would be, I really don't believe that someone who could have Vegas would see that as a "equal" trade/match. Vegas 01-01-01 marks the beginning of the 'new'-Guns era and is a pro-shot, pro-authored, ready-to-go release full concert... it's kinda regarded as the holy-grail amongst fans of GN'R gig bootlegs.

I never really understood the big exitement about the Vegas show, sure its the first "new gnr" show and yes its one of the few "recent" shows where we wouldnt have to cringe to Axl's braids but I would think a show like Inglewood 91 or a complete un-edited A++ Buenos Aires 1993 would be 10000000 times better.

And to the dude with the rehearsals from mtv 2002, I dont really think you'll get anything worthwile for that. Share it  Cheesy
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005, 02:50:28 PM »

I never really understood the big exitement about the Vegas show, sure its the first "new gnr" show and yes its one of the few "recent" shows where we wouldnt have to cringe to Axl's braids but I would think a show like Inglewood 91 or a complete un-edited A++ Buenos Aires 1993 would be 10000000 times better.

Well, there's a certain 'mystery' over Axl in the past few years since he re-emerged so to speak. Yes, perhaps the shows you mentioned are better, but for me Vegas would be very fufilling.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2005, 03:11:28 PM »

well i don`t know what you are thinking about this show, but to me it`s definitely one of the best gnr shows ever. sure it has something to tdo with the mystery, too, but that`s not the main point to me.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2005, 04:05:05 PM »

Having been to all 3 Vegas comback shows, I would way rather have the first night at the Hard Rock over the HOB show.  I thought Axl was going to kill someone over some of the "technical diffuclties" they were having.  And yes kids, the Vegas HOB show does exist, I believe some people have even traded a snippet of November Rain just to prove it exists......Will is right though, you will have much better luck talking to our Japaneese friends.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2005, 07:29:18 AM »

GNR management don't want vegas to be out.
we're not talking about some concert in 87 or something.
GNR might not care about old shows, but they do care about the post-2001 stuff.

so trying to release / share / trade vegas 01 wouldnt be a nice move from a GNR fan.

so velvet1223, you release the rehearsal if you want, and just be nice. but don't try to get vegas if you're a real gnr fan Smiley axl might no be pleased Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: