Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  The VMA Rehersals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The VMA Rehersals  (Read 28731 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 07:38:49 AM »

GNR management don't want vegas to be out.
we're not talking about some concert in 87 or something.
GNR might not care about old shows, but they do care about the post-2001 stuff.

so trying to release / share / trade vegas 01 wouldnt be a nice move from a GNR fan.

so velvet1223, you release the rehearsal if you want, and just be nice. but don't try to get vegas if you're a real gnr fan Smiley axl might no be pleased Wink
Maybe the stupidest thing I've read in a while.............
Don't look for Vegas because it might upset Axl???
Who really cares, what's it going to do? slaow down the release of CD...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2005, 07:54:21 AM »

IF Vegas exists, just remember, it's not a bootleg (which is a grey area, legally).? It's a copyrighted, pro-shot, almost released DVD.? Trafficing in such is NOT a grey area, legally.

Just wanted to point that out to both the participants in the discussion (who are providing evidence of collusion to distribute and traffic in copyrighted material with the posts on this board) and the mods, who generally don't allow discussion of trading copyrighted material.

Smiley

I'm definitely not trying to be a "buzzkill", but I'd hate to see anyone say something here that could get them into hot water.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2005, 08:19:32 AM »

Yeah, this isn't your ordinary audience shot bootleg DVD.

It wasn't stolen from the band (like Oklahoma, Chicago and the soundboards from 2002).

So you're basically looking for something the record company was gonna put out, but decided not to. You're not looking for a taper, you're looking for somebody who might have access to get it from the record company.

I don't think it's hard to figure out what would happen to the person who steals the DVD and puts it out as a bootleg.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2005, 08:30:10 AM »

As interesting as the VMA rehearsal footage would be, I really don't believe that someone who could have Vegas would see that as a "equal" trade/match. Vegas 01-01-01 marks the beginning of the 'new'-Guns era and is a pro-shot, pro-authored, ready-to-go release full concert... it's kinda regarded as the holy-grail amongst fans of GN'R gig bootlegs.

I never really understood the big exitement about the Vegas show, sure its the first "new gnr" show and yes its one of the few "recent" shows where we wouldnt have to cringe to Axl's braids but I would think a show like Inglewood 91 or a complete un-edited A++ Buenos Aires 1993 would be 10000000 times better.

And to the dude with the rehearsals from mtv 2002, I dont really think you'll get anything worthwile for that. Share it  Cheesy

are you joking?  have you heard the vegas show?  its one of the best GNR shows EVER.   We have plenty of footage from the old band, i want to see some new shit.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2005, 08:50:37 AM »

Yeah guys, that's basically what I've been saying since the beginning.

1- It is NOT out there, NO ONE has it, especially in American and European trading circles - don't listen to urban legends.
2- The ONLY way to get it is to know someone who has access to Universal Japan's vaults and would want to release to the GN'R bootleg community, which is almost impossible.
3- This is an almost released pro-shot and nothing comes even close in trading value, 10 rehearsal DVDs won't be enough. Unless a japanese bootleg company releases it, we won't see it, period.

Unless you get in some dark japanese trading circle that only trades for such rarities, there's no way it will get into GN'R fans hands.

Bessam, the management does not want ANY GN'R show to come out, period. Come on, Geffen had to fuckin force the band to release Tokyo (which is crap, compared to the rest of the Illusion tour - hello, L.A Forum and MSG shows!). Without Geffen, there would be no GN'R concert DVDs today.

As for Vegas, unless the band decides to release it, you can tell good bye to that DVD. Unless we are extremely lucky, a leak happens and a japanese bootleg company manages to release it - even though Universal Japan would hunt them down and sue their ass. Again, I'd be more than happy to see someone is getting close to getting it, but unless we see screenshots or clips, to me it's not happening. Just my 2 cents.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2005, 09:08:38 AM »

i have this but i doubt it is what all the commotion is about. In fact most of you have probably seen it. anyway for those who haven't.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34QU89TMJ5H933ABLO6ZKLGL3V

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2005, 10:09:34 AM »

GNR management don't want vegas to be out.
we're not talking about some concert in 87 or something.
GNR might not care about old shows, but they do care about the post-2001 stuff.

so trying to release / share / trade vegas 01 wouldnt be a nice move from a GNR fan.

so velvet1223, you release the rehearsal if you want, and just be nice. but don't try to get vegas if you're a real gnr fan Smiley axl might no be pleased Wink

How would you know all that?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 10:27:22 AM »

He was at a brunch with Merck last week, sipping mimosas in a Paris Rive Gauche cafe.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 10:56:35 AM »

i have this but i doubt it is what all the commotion is about. In fact most of you have probably seen it. anyway for those who haven't.

Neemo,
   I think what velvet probably has is the raw MTV footage that was used to cull that spot together....at least, that's what I suspect.   Because, as you say, the spot from the MTV VMA Preview Weekend from '03 (and '04 and probably ''05) isn't all that rare.

I've SEEN the raw footage of the rehersals, but don't actually have a copy of it, so I know it exists.  Wouldn't have been hard for an MTV intern or staffer to get it "out there" at all.

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 11:16:57 AM »

Neemo,
? ?I think what velvet probably has is the raw MTV footage that was used to cull that spot together....at least, that's what I suspect.? ?Because, as you say, the spot from the MTV VMA Preview Weekend from '03 (and '04 and probably ''05) isn't all that rare.

? ?I've SEEN the raw footage of the rehersals, but don't actually have a copy of it, so I know it exists.? Wouldn't have been hard for an MTV intern or staffer to get it "out there" at all.

That's what i figured pilferk ok but i thought i'd upload it anyway for those who haven't seen it.  Just upload it Velvet, what's the big deal?

elmir
VIP

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2005, 12:03:31 PM »

Wasn't RIR3 also officially filmed and scheduled for a release and then got pulled?
This piece is for sale on ebay.

Regardless of whether it was planned for release by the GNR management or not, reselling professionally filmed footage without the broadcasters permission is bad enough on its own.

Home made videos are ok I suppose.

I don't get the point here. Some guy here has access to 'secret' GNR footage and doesn't want to share it with everyone. Instead he'd rather sell it and make a quick buck off it. As well as, he's after the Vegas New Years Eve show, which he reckons could pull in big cash on ebay. Isn't this illegal? Why is he allowed to promote him/herself here on this forum?

Am I right, or did I misunderstand the thread? Apologies if I jumped to conclusions and offended anyone.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »

Wasn't RIR3 also officially filmed and scheduled for a release and then got pulled?

No, Rio was never scheduled for release. Only Vegas was.

Velvet don't want to make big bucks with the Rehearsals or Vegas, he basically just wants to trade Rehearsals for Vegas, which is not going to happen - because no one has Vegas, you can't trade something you don't have. It's like asking for the Madison Square Garden 91 pro-shot, or whatever other unsurfaced pro shot in Axl's vault. Sure, it's in some vault, but no one's getting it.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2005, 01:02:29 PM »

nevermind!!!! delete this post please!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 01:20:27 PM by chineseblues » Logged
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2005, 01:31:27 PM »

Yeah, I've heard that aswell CB.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2005, 01:34:14 PM »

Yeah, I've heard that aswell CB.

shhhh the gypsies will get you for that!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2005, 03:37:20 PM »

He was at a brunch with Merck last week, sipping mimosas in a Paris Rive Gauche cafe.

azhahahah
no i just heard things .... Wink

i mean come on. it's not hard to understand. we all knew vegas was supposed to be released.
and maybe GNR wants to release it after all. i don't know.
but one thing sure is that it is not a fan bootleg that we can share and trade freely. this is serious copyrighted stuff.

so i don't know ... Sad

tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2005, 04:39:38 PM »

http://community.webshots.com/album/421916950RnukSD

These were posted somewhere else...but I have a question:  Is the dude with the big white guitar buckethead? 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 04:42:54 PM by tippasaurus » Logged

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2005, 05:04:18 PM »

where are the pics with axl throwing roses from? is it a full concert?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2005, 06:38:49 PM »

where are the pics with axl throwing roses from? is it a full concert?

Not ALL the pics on that page are from the rehersals.  Some are from other MTV rarities.  The "Axl throwing roses" pic is from, I think, a 92-93 era show...not sure which one, exactly.

Together again,
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2005, 10:28:52 PM »

I pic of Axl throwing roses is from Houston, TX 92, Met/Guns tour. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: