Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 04:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227975 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  More Proshot/Soundboard Bootlegs from 87-91 w/Izzy!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Proshot/Soundboard Bootlegs from 87-91 w/Izzy!!  (Read 2957 times)
Marc8382
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 20, 2006, 10:07:05 PM »

I guess if it isnt clear, I want something to be done so that more GNR live material can be released but in the highest quality format.  I dont know what has to be done and I certainly dont have the time to deal with trades, especially since everything I have is downloaded from the net so I have nothing rare from the vaults of MTV or Geffen Records or wherever.  Basically, what I want to know is what bright ideas you guys on the board have as to obtaining or at least pushing the right people to release the good stuff?  At this point, I've harped on the subject long enough but I will be happier when 8/3/91 is released in professional quality video. 
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 10:27:14 PM »

You're searching for something, that'll never appear.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Marc8382
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:30:32 PM »

Are you referring to 8/3/91 specifically or all proshot/soundboards from 87-91?  Also, what makes you think that?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:35:12 PM »

Both. Unless you're Axl, you ain't goin' to see 'em.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 10:39:44 PM »

Are you referring to 8/3/91 specifically or all proshot/soundboards from 87-91?? Also, what makes you think that?

You haven't been harping too long with only 33 posts here... Not knocking on you, just saying that it's a low number to really make yourself known among traders on the boards.

The traders that hoard don't have the majority of the stuff that you're after.  8.3.91 will never be seen in a proshot unless Axl himself pushes for the release.  It's dead material at this point and the general public wouldn't really care about it at this point.  The focal point is CD.

Best of luck in your search.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 10:51:49 PM »

I think you guys are right that it's mainly in Axl's (and the record company's) hands.  I think one day we will probably see a box set with some cool stuff, but that will be after the new band is done it's thing with the three albums.  Five to ten years I'm guessing.

a.k.a. KBear
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 12:18:06 AM »

my suggestion is meet axl somewhere...befriend him..and then rob him....or be best buds with sebastian bach somehow
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 12:52:37 AM »

My suggestion is to go naked on a public event (like Wimbledon, World Cup Game, etc) and carry a big flag saying: "Axl, please ask your record company to release the august 3, 1991 three-hour show on a DVD!"

If people like US (demented GNR fans) started doing that in many different parts of the world in many different events & situations, maybe Axl & the other guys (Izzy, Duff, Matt etc) would take notice!

Luciano

Marc8382
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 11:23:30 PM »

LOL...well, the notion of a streaker running around with that sign would be freakin awesome!!  But as you guys said, what I'm after is clearly not even in the hands of hoarders.  I know there are some decent boots that I havent seen like the vids from June of 1991 but still, I'm looking for GNR to release something comparable to Metallica's Live Boxset or the Led Zeppelin DVD and Live Album.  Just a lot of live material in pro quality from the period that mattered the most.  The time when Izzy was still in the band. 

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 11:49:20 PM »

Yeah, I want a DVD Bootleg from the good izzy days, right near the end, when they fucking had to turn his amps down because he could barely play anymore.

Marc8382
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 12:14:34 AM »

Yeah, I want a DVD Bootleg from the good izzy days, right near the end, when they fucking had to turn his amps down because he could barely play anymore.

I just don't believe that shit...who said Izzy's playing was so bad they turned down his amps?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »

Axl.

I am not gonna bother looking for the article, someone else can.

jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 12:20:29 AM »

Axl.

I am not gonna bother looking for the article, someone else can.

he said it during of of the '02 shows

boston, i think

Right before My Michelle

Fucked up and out of place
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 01:50:40 AM »

That is bullshit. Axl bullshit. "King Dick" bullshit.

Izzy on a bad day is better than anybody else on a great day. Specially when it comes to play Guns n' Roses songs. Just listen to what Izzy does on the Guns n' Roses records and live shows. Priceless. So great that when Gilby came in to replace him nobody in the band could tell him what Izzy did. He is on his own league. Right there with Keef.

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 10:28:31 AM »

I just don't believe that shit...who said Izzy's playing was so bad they turned down his amps?

Axl said it in 2002, but Slash aswell when he was still in GN'R. Izzy could play that was not a problem (all the stuff about playing in the wrong keys is bullshit, you find me one audio recoridng with Izzy playing in the wrong key) hell the guy was clean since '89.. But according to Axl and Slash Izzy didn't entertain the crowd as much like the rest, didn't move around on stage alot. Which was true but that's cause he wasn't enjoying it anymore at the end, he wasn't even smiling. Sick of all the bullshit. Plus the fact he recorded stuff in a few takes in the studio and didn't want to keep re-recording stuff. So anyways that's the reason they turned his amp down live and on UYI where his guitar is practically burried.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: