Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is the general consensus on the worst GnR song of all time?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the general consensus on the worst GnR song of all time?  (Read 50150 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »

Actually I don't think that one bit. Its just different, and that's why people are reluctant to like it: They do not like what they don't understand.

That song ended the UYIs for a reason. I do not know fully what that reason is, but I do like the song. I didn't at first, but when I actually listened to it more, I found that I actually quite liked it.... there's just something special about it.

Only thing I don't like is the positioning of the song... right after Don't Cry [alt lyrics], which is a very aesthetically pleasing to the ears song... and then when you're nice and chilled... My World comes on and its a huge big shock to the system.

THAT is the main reason I think people don't like it. They don't not like the song, they just don't like the positioning, and they blame it on the song being different and get it into their heads that they don't like the song.

.... give it a chance!

I agree I think that's why people don't like it because it's so different from anything else by GNR at the time. It barely seems to have any roots or links to the bluesy rock n roll of GNR so fans of that music are unlikely to take to it because it's not their kind of music. It's like sticking a Mariah Carey song on the end of a Metallica album  hihi

I'm not sure about the positioning arguement though you could put something very in your face at the end of the album after DC like Perfect Crime and I don't think that would be considered as the worst GNR song.

The difference in the musical genre of a general guns song and My World is just too big a gap for some people (me included) to take to the song  peace

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »

Out To Get Me is by far the worse song on AFD

and yet it still fucking rocks!  There's really not a bad track on AFD.  Its one of the most elite of elite albums in rock history, and easily the best in hard rock history (yes, better than Back in Black).
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »

My least favourite song is Shotgun Blues.

Agreed.  It comes right after Axl's rant in Get in the Ring also, which doesn't help it any.  It sounds like a throw-away B side track on a single for Get in the Ring (if there was ever gonna be one).  Lyrically it pales in comparison to Get in the Ring and musically also.   This is my least favorite in GnR history.  IMO, its not fair to compare post-1998 songs to the early years, because you don't have Izzy, Duff and Slash helping write.  Most of the new songs are not going to top the old ones.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2006, 09:10:15 PM »

I wonder how this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Bad Apples.

song is terrible

WOW.  Bad Apples is not my favorite GnR track on UY1 by any means, but to say its the worst?  Lyrically, its so much stronger than songs like Shotgun Blues or So Fine.  I love the guitar riff throughout the verses also on Bad Apples.  Not a bad track.
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #284 on: June 28, 2006, 01:06:43 AM »

I can't believe all the hating for Anything Goes - I guess it's a nostalgia thing for me, because I can remember listening to that song when I was 9 years old & thinking how badass GNR were lol...

Also, I have to say, I'm a big fan of most of the songs on the UYI albums - I disagree that most of them are filler.  Sorry, I don't hate My World - I certainly don't think it's a musical masterpiece, but it's different and interesting (at least to me).

Least favorites:
Knockin' on Heaven's Door - sooo sick of hearing ANYONE sing that song at this point; it's just too damn repetitive
Coma - you people are bitching that My World isn't a song, but Coma is?  Come on - there are only like 4 lines that are actually SUNG; way too boring for my taste
Sweet Child - played out, & ruined by stupid Sheryl Crow
The Garden - I could live without, kinda singsongy
jonnybgoode82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2006, 07:19:14 AM »

I can't understand all the hate for Shotgun Blues - fucking a class song.

It's got to be Don't Cry [alt lyrics], why, oh why? Or KOHD - shut the fuck up already.
sea of black
« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2006, 07:38:01 AM »

I really don't get So Fine, it's such a dumb song...Axls parts are fine, but why oh why did anyone ever think Duff could sing!

I love pretty much ever other song so much, but Duff's voice in the quite parts just sound terrible...

Oh well that's my opinion, looking forward to everyone disagreeing hihi
The Blob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2006, 09:18:51 AM »

So Fine is one of my favourites! Duff is awesome!!!  smoking

Bad Apples is the worst song!
Shotgun Blues is the second worst song!

Appetite For Destruction and Gn'R Lies are 100% awesome. All songs on those two are perfect and yes... AFD is best album EVER!
sea of black
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2006, 09:52:16 AM »

So Fine is one of my favourites! Duff is awesome!!!? smoking

Appetite For Destruction and Gn'R Lies are 100% awesome. All songs on those two are perfect and yes... AFD is best album EVER!

Oh man, your'e so wrong, Bad Apple's is not a bad song...Duff's vocal's on So Fine make me want to cry...this guy CANNOT sing!

Anyways, guess it's good we all like different stuff...but yeah, AFD is totally flawless, and there aren't many albums you can say that about!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2006, 10:07:58 AM »

silkworms so far hasnt impressed me - but will hold judgement until i hear the final version or live
bad apples - something about the song puts me on edge - not in a good way.
Sweet child has suffered from over play like Teen Spirit - its still a great song, but I hardly ever listen to it these days.

Guess its bad apples (although parts of it I do like, as a whole song in its entirety - no).
The Blob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »

So Fine is one of my favourites! Duff is awesome!!!  smoking

Oh man, your'e so wrong, Bad Apple's is not a bad song...Duff's vocal's on So Fine make me want to cry...this guy CANNOT sing!

Anyways, guess it's good we all like different stuff...but yeah, AFD is totally flawless, and there aren't many albums you can say that about!

Guess you don't like "Believe In Me"?  rofl I think it's a great record by Duff! He should sing a couple of songs on the next VR album  Wink
sea of black
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2006, 10:12:05 AM »

Man, I've tried to like Duff's stuff, but it's just not for me...

This is not against Duff, as I do appreciate that he is a totally cool chap!

Glad you like his stuff ok
pebbles
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2006, 01:40:08 AM »

I dont like critical solution, i think thats what its called, its too fast and stupid hihi
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2006, 06:58:35 AM »

It's funny a lot of people are saying Bad Apples as the least favourite yet that is the only song on UYI 1 or 2 that is credited as being a joint effort by the original AFD lineup (excluding Steven). All the rest are Axl and Izzy or just Axl or just Izzy or Slash and Axl but not all 4 members. The next closest song to having all the members involved is I think Get in the Ring with Axl, Slash and Duff, funnily enough that's also being considered as one of the worst songs too  Undecided

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2006, 07:53:42 AM »

GNR are one of the bands I can listen to all day all songs...but MY World aint a classic lol  rofl

Fish
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: June 30, 2006, 02:51:02 PM »

i love bad apples
i love you aint the first
anything goes too
i love your crazy (anyone who says these songs suck are stupid)
i love so fine! (it sounds gay but i love it...slash has good solos...duff's singin is cool and axl sounds like an angel...

Locomotive is the worst
obviously My World
shotgun blues suck

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Origen
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »

Man, I've tried to like Duff's stuff, but it's just not for me...

This is not against Duff, as I do appreciate that he is a totally cool chap!

Glad you like his stuff ok

Have you heard his solo stuff though ? I know it ain't gonig to be for everyone but he has some very good solo songs.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2006, 02:54:28 PM »

I dont like critical solution, i think thats what its called, its too fast and stupid hihi

hmmmmmm, i've never heard that song.....do you mean Garden Of Eden ("It's a critical solution.....")

I like that song if thats which one you mean.....

I'd have to say least fave is Shotgun Blues...
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

Bad Apples ROCKS!!!!!  One of my favorite songs on UYI I!!!  Listen to the song, my god, its amazing!!!! Axl sounds great, and the solo rocks!

my least favorite gnr songs...hhhmmm....there aren't any, honestly!
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #299 on: June 30, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »

Bad Apples ROCKS!!!!! ?One of my favorite songs on UYI I!!! ?Listen to the song, my god, its amazing!!!! Axl sounds great, and the solo rocks!

my least favorite gnr songs...hhhmmm....there aren't any, honestly!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: