Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Radio Interview Tonight!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Radio Interview Tonight!  (Read 31213 times)
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »

I just called the station and talked to Tommy. First I asked if he would be willing to answer any GNR questions and he said no. ?Then I? begged and said that all us GNR fans were starving for info. So he said ok. ?But ?I only asked one question, I didnt wanna be greedy. ?

I asked if anyone was gonna replace Buckethead.? And someone, mind you there were two guys in the room, said no.? Someone said Fuck that guy, Robin and Richard smoke Buckethead's balls,.? Then Im pretty sure Tommy said were gonna bring the rock to you.? So to confirm I said So Robin and Richard are in and no replacement for Buckethead and someone said nope.

Then I asked for tickets to the SA show tomorrow and they hooked me up. ?

It was a bit of a blur and went pretty quickly but ?I think that Tommy did most of the talking.

If what you say is true, then it's perfect for me.

You people are retarded for believing this. You can't call the sation and ask to speak to the rock act. Plus it's 11:30AM here in Philly. Do you think he's going to hang out at the radio station for 8 hours prior to the interview. Most likely it will be a telephone interview anyone, & Tommy will be at home or his hotel room, NOT at the station.

If I'm correct, it should be Matt Cord as the DJ, who is a cool guy & usually asks the questions fans want to know. He interviewed Slash a few months back & Slash stated CD IS coming out & he's heard some of the stuff etc...

Have patience, we will hear the questions about GnR & CD. Hopefully, he gives up some decent info.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 12:04:05 PM by pasnow » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2006, 11:47:01 AM »

why didnt he mention the 2 NYC gigs???

Maybe he didn't know yet? Anything is possible with this band, isn't it?

Reading Richard's e-mail that he sent to Dave-gnfnr3k, Richard didn't know about these gigs.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2006, 11:59:17 AM »

rtrue axl didn't know about the european dates rofl
Exnavymike
Opening Act

The streets don't change but maybe the names

« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »

You people are retarded for believing this. You can't call the sation and ask to speak to the rock act. Plus it's 11:30AM here in Philly. Do you think he's going to hang out at the radio station for 8 hours prior to the interview. Most likely it will be a telephone interview anyone, & Tommy will be at home or his hotel room, NOT at the station.

This happened last night and Tommy was at the station and I did talk to him.  Many people here heard him on the radio last night.  You dont have to belive me. I frankly dont care.  But at least get your facts straight before you start talking shit.

www.myspace.com/fear_of         

All I ever wanted was for you to know that I cared.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »

A 14-page thread that had really nothing to do with G'nr other than it was tommy stinson.

I've got to say this is probably the worst g'nr related interview ever.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2006, 02:07:14 PM »

I think you guys are being too hard on Tommy. I'm sure he's got a strongly worded confidentiality clause in his contract with Axl/GN'R. Plus. Axl has been shown to be the litigious type.

Also, it's pretty clear that the whole GN'R machinery is being particularly secretive leading up to the warm-up shows and tour. If that's the way they want to play it... Tommy may feel an obligation (or may actually be contractually obligated) to comply.

Anyway, I always thought of the new members- Tommy always seems to be particularly behind Axl. I wouldn't worry about him unless there was SOLID evidence that Duff was coming back...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
speed_stone
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »

I think you guys are being too hard on Tommy. I'm sure he's got a strongly worded confidentiality clause in his contract with Axl/GN'R. Plus. Axl has been shown to be the litigious type.

Also, it's pretty clear that the whole GN'R machinery is being particularly secretive leading up to the warm-up shows and tour. If that's the way they want to play it... Tommy may feel an obligation (or may actually be contractually obligated) to comply.

Anyway, I always thought of the new members- Tommy always seems to be particularly behind Axl. I wouldn't worry about him unless there was SOLID evidence that Duff was coming back...

i think the secrecy is for a reason, and that reason will make us all incredibly proud to have stuck by axl and this new band all these years smoking
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2006, 10:08:09 PM »

What ever happened with Tommy being on the radio?  Did he say anything important?
ROSE22
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2006, 10:10:32 PM »

not as far as i know
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2006, 10:12:01 PM »

What ever happened with Tommy being on the radio?? Did he say anything important?
He didn't mention anything about GNR. Check this thread http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28424.0 for more info.

Raven
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2006, 10:42:01 PM »

Reading Richard's e-mail that he sent to Dave-gnfnr3k, Richard didn't know about these gigs.

Not talking about them and not knowing about them are 2 differetn things remember that  ok
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »

thanks for the audio links.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2006, 01:44:39 PM »

Why would he say anything about the NY gigs before confirm with the venue? If it didn't happen, people would bash him a lot more.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »

Why would he say anything about the NY gigs before confirm with the venue? If it didn't happen, people would bash him a lot more.

The DJ mentioned the NY gigs a while before Tommy came one.  I posted in this thread that he said NY gigs, but everyone though he was talking about Soul Asylum  hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: