Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 39559 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: July 04, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »

A couple tours going on right now feature 2 known bands from the 80's, Poison/Cinderella, Def Leppard/Journey, Aerosmith/Motley Crue.  You think GNR may go that route when they hit the states in the fall instead of a Bullet for My Valentine?  Would Sebastian Bach and his band suffice even though they're not Skid Row?  I know we're a long way off from this but I just think it'd draw more fans if there was a well known opener.  No offense to BFMV or any other new bands out there.  It's tough to make a name for yourself and opening for bands such as GNR is a great way, but it's just my preference.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Origen
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:46:50 PM »

A 80s glam band like Poison/Cinderella opening would be a bad thing imo.

And Aerosmith/Motley Crue wouldn't open for GnR. If anythink GnR would open for Aerosmith.

Maybe Sebastians band will do, maybe you'll get Mix Master Mike again, who knows.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »

I like Avenged Sevenfold... I think they deserve to open for G'n'R.. they... similar to Bach... hold GNR on a pedestal and make their music in attempts to copy GNR's model for success... I like that they are into GNR and I also like their music... A7X is a quality opener especially since they are basically as big as you're going to get these days for new metal bands... their recent album is about to hit platinum.

BFMV is an OK band... nothing special... I'd be OK with them also.

Quality hard rock bands are few and far between these days... it's basically metal or alternative that are your options.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

Shania Twain would be amazing. Plus, she is pretty big in the USA right?
Anyway, A7X and BFMV were terrible. It was some Heavy-Metal noise. Please, NEVER tour again with a metal band. This "music" is just noise.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:05:31 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »

I think A7x would be great.  They are young and Axl needs to avoid the perception of an old washed up guy as much as possible.  Not only do 95% of the hair metal bands hate axl, have huge egos, but having one open for GNR would be career suicide.  The band I would like to see, but I dont think Axl or Mike would ever go for it would be Tomahawk.  The Melvins, Jesus Lizard and Mike Patton all together would be incredible.  After the whole FNM vs. GNR debacle I bet it would never happen, but Tomahawk or even Patton's new band Peeping Tom or any Patton band would be a great thing to see and would have loyal followers and maybe this time Axl could let them play a little longer.

My Morning Jacket would be good, they did well for Pearl jam recently, and there are a lot of new bands that are under the radar that could be interesting.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:14:28 PM »

Anyway, A7X and BFMV were terrible. It was some Heavy-Metal noise. Please, NEVER tour again with a metal band. This "music" is just noise.

is this a serious comment?
EFISH
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »

A7X would be perfect. They are pretty popular, so it would bring in more fan, but nothing compared to GNR. Also, it would SUCK if GNR did a co-headline tour, whcih i dont think will happen, but that would be terrible.. so imo, a7x is the best option..

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 01:19:30 PM »

yes it is.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 01:26:08 PM »

Also if they were to tour with a band from the 80's it shouldnt be a band that is well known as a hair metal.  If they had to tour with an 80's band maybe something like Queensryche would be good, although Geoff Tate looked pretty old when I saw him perform with Dream Theater.  DT would be good, but theyd never do it.

Knowing Axl it could be anyone.  I really would not be surprised to see him coheadline with a rap group.  How about a Guns N' Roses, Eminem tour.  Now i dont like Eminem, but that wouldnt shock me if Axl tried an Up In Smoke like tour.  Plus I dont think that would be that bad of an idea if he could get a popular rapper to go out on the road with him.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 01:34:42 PM »

yes it is.
Shania Twain? Wait.....you're complaining about other bands not fitting in w/GN'R, but you're suggesting Shania Twain.

Ok. nervous
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 01:39:53 PM »

yes it is.
Shania Twain? Wait.....you're complaining about other bands not fitting in w/GN'R, but you're suggesting Shania Twain.

Ok. nervous

Im pretty sure its a joke. No one could seriously think Shania Twain/GNR would be a good pairing.  It has all downsides and no upsides.  1. No similarity in audience 2. No similarity in music or style 3. Very different personalities from the stars 4. Both have high budget sets 5. Both are a few years past they heyday. 6. A friendship between Axl and Shania would damage both of there images.  It has to be a joke.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 01:40:29 PM »

damnocracy
kingoffspring
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »

yes it is.

Ok. nervous
Hey have u seen how hot she is she would be perfect if didnt sing u cant argue that.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 01:43:55 PM »

This has to be one of the most stupid comments I have read in all my life. ?Avenged sevenfold may be heavy metal but to say it is just noise. ?Come on! ?You can hear how influenced by GNR they are. ?And suggesting Shania Twain for an opening act for GNR. ?Good lord!!!! ?I can see the riots in advance for this. ?I like all kinds of music and even enjoy some of Shania's music. ?But if I ever go to a GNR show and she is the opening act I will lose all my respect for Axl and the rest of the band. ?And if you ever suggest Justin Timberlake or some other crap like that then I hope they ban you nesquick. ?Shania Twain. ?Just when I had seen or heard it all.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »

yes it is.

Ok. nervous

Im pretty sure its a joke. No one could seriously think Shania Twain/GNR would be a good pairing.? It has all downsides and no upsides.? 1. No similarity in audience 2. No similarity in music or style 3. Very different personalities from the stars 4. Both have high budget sets 5. Both are a few years past they heyday. 6. A friendship between Axl and Shania would damage both of there images.? It has to be a joke.

Unfortunately knowing nesquick I think he was serious.  But hey we are all entitled to our opinions even if it is a dumb one.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »

Placebo, Babyshambles, Muse...all those bands have good/great new albums...and lack a real US audience. I like Baz and I wouldn't mind seeing him cause I never have. A7X and BFMV... I really don't like at all, and they have a US audience...and I really don't think they are bands that would get much out of opening for GN'R besides the fact they like GN'R apparently...A7X got a huge push from MTV and radio for their new album...and it never really broke beyond their fan base.
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 01:49:57 PM »

Placebo, Babyshambles, Muse...all those bands have good/great new albums...and lack a real US audience. I like Baz and I wouldn't mind seeing him cause I never have. A7X and BFMV... I really don't like at all, and they have a US audience...and I really don't think they are bands that would get much out of opening for GN'R besides the fact they like GN'R apparently...A7X got a huge push from MTV and radio for their new album...and it never really broke beyond their fan base.
Oooh, yes, Muse would be a good opening act. It would open them up to a wider American audience and would provide for excellent entertainment. ok
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 01:50:32 PM »

Muse would be brillant, but I fear the average GNR-fan will consider them "gay" in every negative meaning. no

I'd love to see Black Label Society to open for GNR. Correct commercial "size", cool style, connecting rock and metal fans from ALL styles via music already, they can put a hell of an energetic show plus Zakk and Axl are friends. They would fit ideal. ?beer
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:52:54 PM by Schwarzgold » Logged

Restraint is for suckers.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 01:53:55 PM »

Once again I was serious. And once again I absolutely don't like metal. I have more respect for justin Timberlake or Blue than for an heavy-metal band. That beeing said, GNFNRAXL if you think i should be "banned" for my musical tastes, fuck off.

hey stupid fuck, did you know Richard worked for britney Spears and NSYNC? does it hurt his talent? I don't think so. Do you think he should be "fired" of GNR because he worked with sucjh artists? If you really think so, you're even more stupid than I ever though. fact.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:59:00 PM by nesquick » Logged

IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »

Muse would be brillant, but I fear the average GNR-fan will consider them "gay" in every negative meaning. no
Maybe we could e-mail a bandmember (other than Axl-duh) about this. I think this is a pretty good suggestion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: