Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 39559 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

I'd love to see Black Label Society to open for GNR. Correct commercial "size", cool style, connecting rock and metal fans from ALL styles via music already, they can put a hell of an energetic show plus Zakk and Axl are friends. They would fit ideal. ?beer

I don't think Zakk and Axl are friends.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 01:59:12 PM »

Once again I was serious. And once again I absolutely don't like metal. I have more respect for justin Timberlake or Blue than for an heavy-metal band. That beeing said, GNFNRAXL if you think i should be "banned" for my musical tastes, fuck off.

hey stupid fuck, did you know Richard worked for britney Spears and NSYNC? does it hurt his talent? I don't think so. Do you think he should be "fired" of GNR because he worked with sucjh artists? If you really think so, you're even more stupid than i ever though.
You're being way too defensive. I don't understand why you're insulting people over this.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 01:59:36 PM »

1st off, Nesquick's obviously joking about Shania Twain. ?

2nd, to Origen, GNR would not open for Aerosmith, or vice versa. ?

3rd, who cares who opens for GNR? ?I certainly don't. ?However, I'm a little older than most folks here, 32, and I dig alot of Skid Row's stuff, so I'd definitely get there early to see Bach if they had Baz be the opener in the U.S. ?

4th, I believe a group like Avenged Sevenfold would be a good choice. ?A young up-and-coming band is the best choice to open for a legendary band like GNR. ?Give Bach the honor of a few opening shows to help a brutha out, and go from there.

5th, I am so psyched for the Fall! ? beer ?See ya'll then! ? ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

Muse would be brillant, but I fear the average GNR-fan will consider them "gay" in every negative meaning. no
Maybe we could e-mail a bandmember (other than Axl-duh) about this. I think this is a pretty good suggestion.

Yeah, but someone with good connections and a name known to some officials should do that.

Restraint is for suckers.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 02:05:09 PM »

1st off, Nesquick's obviously joking about Shania Twain.

He's serious, how many times does he have to say it?? hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 02:10:07 PM »

1st off, Nesquick's obviously joking about Shania Twain.

He's serious, how many times does he have to say it?? hihi

Sorry Dirt, I can't let myself believe he's serious.  He's got a good sense of humor sometimes.  If not Shania, I'd take the dancing French chick on his avatar! 

The only time I want to see Axl with Shania is at Super Bowl XLI's half-time show.  Smiley  drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »

Muse would be brillant, but I fear the average GNR-fan will consider them "gay" in every negative meaning. no
Maybe we could e-mail a bandmember (other than Axl-duh) about this. I think this is a pretty good suggestion.

Yeah, but someone with good connections and a name known to some officials should do that.
The thing is...these dudes actually open up and read their fan e-mails...It wouldn't be that hard to let them know about a suggestion like this. In the end, it's just an opinion, and it would probably end up being read. It wouldn't hurt. Actually, I'll just do this. Grin
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 02:12:30 PM »

I'd love to see Black Label Society to open for GNR. Correct commercial "size", cool style, connecting rock and metal fans from ALL styles via music already, they can put a hell of an energetic show plus Zakk and Axl are friends. They would fit ideal. ?beer

I don't think Zakk and Axl are friends.

Not? Always appeard so to me. Despite all critic about not releasing an album, Zakk often stressed how much he likes Axl. I never heard anything about that from the Redhead, but he didn't speak much at all the last years, so that doesn't count.? hihi

Well, what do I know - at least they worked together, hung out and are apparantly able to  collaborate succesfully. For tour plans, I ?think this is enough.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:14:39 PM by Schwarzgold » Logged

stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 02:15:59 PM »

wolfmother would be a good opener check them out on youtube if u dont know them
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 02:17:33 PM »

Despite all critic about not releasing an album, Zakk often stressed how much he likes Axl. I never heard anything about that from the Redhead, but he didn't speak much at all the last years, so that doesn't count.? hihi

He praised him as an artist and performer.

Well, what do I know - at least they worked together, hung out and are apparantly able to ?collaborate succesfully. For tour plans, I ?think this is enough.

Apparently not.

johngnr
Opening Act

Here today...

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »

How about Izzy? It would be great for him to play some of his solo stuff and they would get along. I'd also have to second stinson4ever on wolfmother - they've got a geat zep style sound.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Dizzy, Matt, Gilby, Tommy, Brain, Chris, Paul, Buckethead, Robin, Richard, Bumblefoot.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »

Either A7X, Damnocracy or even Kid Rock would be nice.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »

Apparently not.

But that seems to have been more a problem of the situation an this time, especially the "lawyers all around"-atmosphere of the mid-90s-GNR. Plus they are? not supposed to form a band, just do some gigs together.

Edit: But I can and want not tospeculate about how they fit together. But I DO think that BLS would musically and stylewise be a great opener fpr GNR.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:32:30 PM by Schwarzgold » Logged

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2006, 02:28:28 PM »

I have a feeling it will be Avenged Sevenfold, they'll be done with Ozzfest and their tour after. SO far their last Scheduled show is Aug. 23th in Australia. And I also HOPE it's them, I didn't like their earlier stuff, but I loved their new cd! A7X and Buckcherry would be the perfect choices for me Smiley

Axl is God.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »

Either A7X, Damnocracy or even Kid Rock would be nice.

i'd personally be a fan of a Red Hot Chili Peppers/Guns N' Roses co-headlining tour... with GNR closing every night...

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 02:32:28 PM »

Apparently not.

But that seems to have been more a problem of the situation an this time, especially the "lawyers all around"-atmosphere of the mid-90s-GNR. Plus they are? not supposed to form a band, just do some gigs together.

Yeah, for some shows together there should'nt be a problem. Hey, I would'nt mind the pairing.

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »

Once again I was serious. And once again I absolutely don't like metal. I have more respect for justin Timberlake or Blue than for an heavy-metal band. That beeing said, GNFNRAXL if you think i should be "banned" for my musical tastes, fuck off.

hey stupid fuck, did you know Richard worked for britney Spears and NSYNC? does it hurt his talent? I don't think so. Do you think he should be "fired" of GNR because he worked with sucjh artists? If you really think so, you're even more stupid than I ever though. fact.

First of all Beavis.  I never said that Fortus should be fired because he worked wit Britney Spears or N Sync.  One of my favourite bands actually sang with them (Aerosmith) and I still like them.  I never said that it hurts his talent either.  You just made that up Forrest.  I am just saying that Shania Twain is a horrible idea for an opener for GNR just as Nsync or Britney would be.  Hell like I said I like some of Shania's music.  But once again just cause someone doesn't agree with you you come up wit your only defense which is to tell people to fuck off.  And for the record I was kidding about having you banned because of that.  Ok Beavis?  And I still stand bby what I said.  This was the dumbest thing I had ever read in my life.  Newsflash GNR ain't country or pop.  Dumbass!
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 03:09:11 PM »

How about Izzy? It would be great for him to play some of his solo stuff and they would get along. I'd also have to second stinson4ever on wolfmother - they've got a geat zep style sound.

Having Izzy as an opening act.  Now that would be great.  Now that is a GREAT suggestion.
pebbles
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 03:11:18 PM »

Shania Twain would be amazing. Plus, she is pretty big in the USA right?
Anyway, A7X and BFMV were terrible. It was some Heavy-Metal noise. Please, NEVER tour again with a metal band. This "music" is just noise.

is this a serious comment?

yes it is.
lol rofl
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »

Opener: Avenged Sevefold - ?I don't like these fucks but some do so...
Second Band: Sebastian Bach - I'd love to see Bas and considering he's already touring with Guns why not? Plus maybe two bands before can give Axl time to get his shit together so people don't have to wait to a mixed tape hihi
Headliner: Guns N' Roses - Any reason needed? rofl

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: