Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 39559 times)
Brody
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »

a7x.. i say it again.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »

a7x.. i say it again.

Well the good news is Avenged just cancelled all their oversea's dates to go record a new album, so it is possible. I mean, Axl calls them on the phone and says "open for us" they're not gonna say no. Those guys are HUGE GNR fans

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: September 27, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »

Well, It looks like it is going to be Papa Roach.  They are opening the TN show, and I guess ther dance card is open.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #283 on: September 27, 2006, 10:59:14 PM »

^^are you serious?  papa roach opening for gnr???
Bono
« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2006, 11:24:41 PM »

Muse would upstage GNR? according to most critics.? ?It would be bad press for GNR having Critics say the Muse? was the better act.? ( even if it wasn't true )

spot on son

Muse sells REALLY well and they get great reviews for their headlining concerts so that won't happen.

Muse would be awesome but I think the notion of them upstageing Gn'R might very well be true. You can't have the opening band putting on a better show than the headliners.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2006, 02:42:58 AM »

They should get the Trailer Park Boys and Baz to open up the Canadian shows.
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2006, 04:05:04 AM »

^^are you serious?  papa roach opening for gnr???

at least that's what Blubbermouth says:

PAPA ROACH and former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach have been confirmed as the support acts for GUNS N' ROSES' October 25 concert at St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Florida. As previously reported, PAPA ROACH will be also be opening for GUNS N' ROSES on October 22 Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, Tennesse. It is not presently clear if PAPA ROACH will provide support at any of the other dates on GUNS N' ROSES' North American tour.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »

i saw this somewhere else too.  i guess it's only for the first part though and no opener has been named for the rest of the tour.  just seems an odd mix though, gnr and papa roach.  maybe the logica behind it is to get an opener that has a pretty young fan base, to kinda expose them to gnr.
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »

Just curious if there is any info about who is opening after Roach leaves the tour?

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2006, 05:29:47 PM »

Just curious if there is any info about who is opening after Roach leaves the tour?

Nothing solid yet. Our Detroit rock station is throwing a Halloween bash with Buckcherry and after they announced it today, the DJ said "So Buckcherry! Headlining our big Halloween gig. Plus we hear they are opening a big show out at the Palace about a month after that as well, but we'll keep you informed on that."

I've gotta assume thats gonna be the GN'R show. Panic! and RHCP are playing the Palace around the time too so it could be one of those shows too.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2006, 05:32:17 PM »

Nothing solid yet. Our Detroit rock station is throwing a Halloween bash with Buckcherry and after they announced it today, the DJ said "So Buckcherry! Headlining our big Halloween gig. Plus we hear they are opening a big show out at the Palace about a month after that as well, but we'll keep you informed on that."

I've gotta assume thats gonna be the GN'R show. Panic! and RHCP are playing the Palace around the time too so it could be one of those shows too.

Won't be Panic, at least I sure as hell hope not! and aren't RCHP playing with The Mars Volta, or is it Gnarls Barkely now?

I hope they join at the other shows, Bach+Buckcherry+Guns=THE BEST SHOW EVER!!

Fucked up and out of place
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2006, 05:35:50 PM »

Won't be Panic, at least I sure as hell hope not! and aren't RCHP playing with The Mars Volta, or is it Gnarls Barkely now?

I hope they join at the other shows, Bach+Buckcherry+Guns=THE BEST SHOW EVER!!

Oh trust me, I'm hoping they're added to the GNR show too.

I complete agree, that might be the best lineup ever.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
anaesthetics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »

Papa Roach was a terrible choice.  A7X would only be moderately better.  Bach would've been sufficient, to be honest.

But if they do insist on another opener, I say give PR the boot and bring in (drum roll please)...

IZZY STRADLIN AND THE JU JU HOUNDS!  beer
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2006, 09:05:24 PM »

But Izzy doesn't like touring so he wouldn't do it. I stand by the fact that it SHOULD be Buckcherry. They've been compared to GNR, Keith & Josh were almost in Velvet Revolver and Jimmy was a member of Izzy and the ju ju hounds. They played on the same bill as GNR at that KROQ thing and they've opened for Lenny Kravitz, Motley Crue, AC/DC and pretty much everybody. Buckcherry!

I hate fanboys.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: