Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 41531 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »

well, mayb the reason davidson website isnt putting up that special ad yet is because they're 'waiting' for the single to be released first? its 'better', then something else..during the tour. hopefully.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »

Be prepared to eat your words, though.
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 04:58:51 PM »

- No DJ received the 1st single yet
- No DJ received the studio version of "better"
- Nobody said "better" will be the 1st single. Did Merck said that? Did Axl said that? Did Mysteron said that? There is no valid source and no proof.
It's speculation.

why use a song in a new add if it's not the first single???

especially from a band who hasn't released new music in years.

does that make sense to you?

Behold, the evil that men do...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 05:00:48 PM »

- No DJ received the 1st single yet - it could be anything - "better" or "prostitute" or "This I Love" or "The blues"....we don't know.
- Nobody said "better" will be the 1st single. Did Merck said that? Did Axl said that? Did Mysteron said that? There is no valid source and no proof.
It's speculation... I remember last february everybody said "IRS is the new single"... including the DJ... everybody believed it.... but everybody was wrong.

no one has said it wont be the 1st single!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 05:05:18 PM »

I thought i heard the the DJ on wccc say something like, i don't exactly remember word for word, but i could of sworn i heard him say when they played the demo yesterday that they will be getting the single next week anyway so why is Axl hassleing us so much, were gonna play it anyway. And goes on to say, well what can they really do? Were gonna have the single, what does it matter if we play the leak today and single next week, when its the same song.

I dont agree with playing it on the radio, once management requested it not to be played. An artist should have a right to say what can't be played, escpecially if its a demo and not the finished product. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 05:07:48 PM »

If it is the first single, I think it is cool that Axl would choose one of Robin's songs instead of something he crafted on his own.  Does anyone else agree with me?  The public will like Better.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 05:10:24 PM »

- No DJ received the 1st single yet - it could be anything - "better" or "prostitute" or "This I Love" or "The blues"....we don't know.
- Nobody said "better" will be the 1st single. Did Merck say that? Did Axl say that? Did Mysteron say that? There is no valid source and no proof.
It's speculation... I remember last february everybody said "IRS is the new single"... including the DJ... everybody believed it.... and everybody was wrong.

If indeed it isn't Better, it won't be the Blues or a slow uptemp song like that, NO WAY. It will still be a 'rocker' no matter what song is released and that's just how it's done. I don't think the DJ even claimed to have the new studio version as he said they were getting it next week. He made that pretty clear yesterday. I have no doubt in my mind that Better won't be the single. It's on the HD commercial and I just don't see them using that for a tv commercial, but not releasing it as a single. You can't really compare last February to now, because the album WILL ACTUALLY be out in a month or two's time. I hope it is Better so GN'R can start getting some new fans on board for this albums release. Better will be the best song we have heard to get OTHER peoples attention, besides the hardcore GNR fan.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »

- No DJ received the 1st single yet
It's speculation.

why use a song in a new add if it's not the first single???

especially from a band who hasn't released new music in years.

does that make sense to you?

Actually it does, if Better is the first single, people will hear it in full, (most of us already has) so when people see the commercial they know how the song goes.

But if Better is not the first single people who see the commercial won't know how the rest of the song goes which can lead to the point where they dig the song and wan't to hear more so they become potential buyers.

Plus the band gets more attention, new song (for us) as the single plus part of a new song in the commercial.

I'm still figuring it out myself so I'm not sure if you understand what I mean

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »

Plus the band gets more attention, new song (for us) as the single plus part of a new song in the commercial.

Exactly. You hit the nails.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 05:13:54 PM »

You do realize this is Guns N' Roses we're talking about here. I think very well that Better will not be the first single. If the album is indeed coming out November 21 like some are predicting then it wouldn't be a horrible idea to give the public a taste of Better and a complete version of another song.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »

You do realize this is Guns N' Roses we're talking about here. I think very well that Better will not be the first single. If the album is indeed coming out November 21 like some are predicting then it wouldn't be a horrible idea to give the public a taste of Better and a complete version of another song.

We all are just looking at this in different ways. Some believe because it's in the HD commercial it will be the single and others believe it won't be the single for that reason. This is GN'R we are talking about as you said and knowing that, anything could happen. Honestly, I will be happy when the single comes out, regardless of what it is BECAUSE IT WILL BE A NEW GN'R FUCKING SINGLE!!!!!!!!!  I think that's the most important thing to remember right now. Whether you are right or I'm right or someone else is right about what the single will be, I don't care as long as I'm playing it on my stereo.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »

I didn't forget all those rumours about Prostitute beeing the 1st single a while back... just wait and see...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:30:00 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 05:26:33 PM »

Think of the excitement level if they release a new song know one has heard before vrs. releasing Better, which is a great song but most have heard in one form or another.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 05:29:22 PM »

It makes more sense to release a song we've heard before, because people know it.  People have heard it live, and will buy it because they remember having a good time at the show.  Others would have heard the demo, and won't even need to hear the single... just to know the song title and that they liked the version of it that they'd heard.
Plus, potentially 10 - but more likely 7 - tracks of 13 have been heard already.  I'm sure Axl wants to keep the rest under wraps until the album is released.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »

Think of the excitement level if they release a new song know one has heard before vrs. releasing Better, which is a great song but most have heard in one form or another.

most of us hardcore GNR fans have heard it but most of the general public have not. Most are only vaguely aware Axl is doing something new. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »

I work at WMMS in Cleveland and I've had my eyes/ears peeled for months (ever since the weeks leading up to the Hammerstein gigs)

There has been NOTHING yet... no single, no release date, no nothing.

"Guess we'll have to wait and see..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »

I work at WMMS in Cleveland and I've had my eyes/ears peeled for months (ever since the weeks leading up to the Hammerstein gigs)

There has been NOTHING yet... no single, no release date, no nothing.

"Guess we'll have to wait and see..."

yeah, but i guess Singles dont get releasedates. They can hit the Radio right away, maybe with a couple of days warning..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2006, 05:42:04 PM »

And it's perfectly feasible that only a select few people at radio stations even know that it's happening (if it is happening).  They could be under contract not to tell more people than they need to to add to the surprise.
So, unless you're one of the people at the station that would need to know, you wouldn't know.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2006, 05:43:31 PM »

And it's perfectly feasible that only a select few people at radio stations even know that it's happening (if it is happening).  They could be under contract not to tell more people than they need to to add to the surprise.
So, unless you're one of the people at the station that would need to know, you wouldn't know.

Yeah, when the most popular DJ's of rock stations have "exclusives," that probably means that not even the employees of the station other than the top boss of everyone knows what the heck is going on.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2006, 05:51:30 PM »

is this allowed to be discussed?
Why wouldn't it be?? What would be the point of stopping people from talking about stuff?? There are tons of other GNR message boards.
ah,i just wasnt sure coz of all thats goin on  peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: