Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:43:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 41529 times)
Dadud
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2006, 10:28:52 AM »

This is very interesting to me, being a Milwaukee-based fan.  As most of you may know, HD is headquartered here in Milwaukee and the band plays here 11/29.  Too bad it wasn't 2003...
HD could've brought in GNR instead of Sir Elton John to play their 100th anniversary concert. Definitely would've been "better" received by the bikers! Cool

Haha, im suprised they didnt start rioting.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2006, 12:01:18 PM »

imo, Better mops the floor with 99.9% of all GNR's old songs.

So which 0.01% do you like? My World?

I didn't say I disliked the old songs. I just think the new songs are lightyears ahead of the old tunes in every shape and form. I love the old songs but in all seriousness they aren't even on the same scale as the new ones, save a few.

ditto save that I can't really say that about the blues maddy and twat....IMO these are about on a par with the best oldies...no, wait for the album...and that GNR doesn't have 10000 old songs, does it?

@ Locomotive98
Music reflects ones heart so there is no superior or inferior in music.
If you don't like a song that's that. Maybe the song is not for you. If you don't like an album, that's that. perhaps the album is not for you. If you don't like any of upcoming new songs by the band or the performances at all, bye then. the band positively is not for you anymore.

Or cd may change your mind. Even so it won't hurt the greatness of afd, uyi and lies a bit, will it?

@ CAFC Nick, I see your points. cd is the song that made a believer of this band out of me.
I think CD will work its best on the album (Yep, that's where most songs prove their true worth), like the sgt peppers title track, while better will have a wider appeal for its positive, cheery feel, like many have mentioned. there is bounce in the song that bounces the whole band. that bounces the listeners.

I feel the same way. I still cannot understand how people don't think all the material we've heard so far doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses anyways!
Look, Axl's band could be playing polkas and mazurkas, you still would say that it sounds like GN'R.

The fact is that Better doesn't sound like anything done before by GN'R. You may think it is great that Axl chose this path or, on the contrary, you may think it wasn't a good idea.
But saying that it sounds like Guns N'Roses is plain absurd.

Exactly.
The fact is that this is gnr. Why should it sound like guns n roses? It sounds gnr. This is how GNR sounds.

Did estranged sound like rocket queen? I guess not. nevertheless it was GNR.
likewise, what you hear now is the GNR sound of our time. And I love it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:06:39 PM by ppbebe » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2006, 08:22:39 PM »

- The song needs a chorus (I mean a real one). No chorus = no success as a radio single.
- It also needs to be reworked compared to the demo version. Especially the guitars. I don't like the texture of the sound on the demo. It sounds sloppy.
- the band needs to re-record the song with that kind of guitar sound texture/sound instead of the one on the demo:
http://www.west-wind.com/wconnect/photoalbum/better%20riff.mp3

Do you hear the difference? it sounds much louder and fuller here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:31:49 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2006, 08:35:07 PM »

- The song needs a chorus (I mean a real one). No chorus = no success as a radio single.
- It also needs to be reworked compared to the demo version. Especially the guitars. I don't like the texture of the sound on the demo. It sounds sloppy.
- the band needs to re-record the song with that kind of guitar sound texture/sound instead of the one on the demo:

It sounds funkier. I like that better than the demo, too.

I think this clip captures the sound and energy the song would have in a studio cut:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6tyLRPEEOl0

The demo is not finished and you can tell with a bit of improvement it would be a funk-rock masterpiece.

I love that little breakdown in the clip I posted, and I love how Axl gets into it a lot when he plays it live.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2006, 07:25:20 AM »

I would have started a new thread but I don't have the exact quote..... and i don't want to be told to use the search function again.

Didn't a radio station say they'd be getting a new single today?   I may be wrong so please be kind... is this true?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2006, 07:55:08 AM »

nesquick you`re starting to get on my nerves.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2006, 07:59:20 AM »

I would have started a new thread but I don't have the exact quote..... and i don't want to be told to use the search function again.

Didn't a radio station say they'd be getting a new single today?   I may be wrong so please be kind... is this true?

I called WRIF (pretty much the only rock station that matters in Detroit) yesterday and they seemed to be 100% clueless about a single.

They are generally pretty straight forward with fans so I'm hoping the single is just gonna drop at the station soon and they actually haven't heard anything about it yet.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2006, 08:06:56 AM »

I love better but Im not keen on the tone and texture of the guitars in places.... I think on the harley add the lead guitar lines sound VERY flat in place. Almost like its just computer software playing the lead!!!

Better will be first single tho and axls voice sounds unreal on the harley add. Its like classic axl to me.
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

Donald Rumsfeld: this is very complicated stuff. good people are working on it. there is no daylight between the two sides. you people are simply looking for something to put in the papers. its very complex. we'll work on it. we'll come to some conclusions. just the fact that you ask this question means that you don't understand the situation. we'll let you know when we feel there is the need to do something. this is not a case of knowing what happens next. obviously we don't know what happens next. however there are good people working on it. what Americans should do is let us get on with our work and not be concerned about the timetable. the timetable will work itself out over time and all this will be clear. eventually there will be an announcement. then you will all understand. till then it will naturally be unclear. we have hopes. we have aspirations...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2006, 09:25:58 AM »

Didn't a radio station say they'd be getting a new single today?? ?I may be wrong so please be kind... is this true?

Raven did tell SLCPUNK that WCCC would be getting the single this week...or rather, told SLC that his (Raven's) manager told him (Raven) they'd be getting the single this week.

From other posters comments, Raven told them the same thing.

While Raven is a nice guy, he does sometimes like to fuck with people and/or talk out of his ass (especially when he's trying to cover it).? I had talked to the musical director and program director (well, emailed and then talked) last Friday when this whole thing started and neither knew anything about a coming single.....of course, things could have changed by Sunday when SLC talked to Raven.? But, so far....nothing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:26:40 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »

Donald Rumsfeld: this is very complicated stuff. good people are working on it. there is no daylight between the two sides. you people are simply looking for something to put in the papers. its very complex. we'll work on it. we'll come to some conclusions. just the fact that you ask this question means that you don't understand the situation. we'll let you know when we feel there is the need to do something. this is not a case of knowing what happens next. obviously we don't know what happens next. however there are good people working on it. what Americans should do is let us get on with our work and not be concerned about the timetable. the timetable will work itself out over time and all this will be clear. eventually there will be an announcement. then you will all understand. till then it will naturally be unclear. we have hopes. we have aspirations...

"Everybody back off!!!"

hihi
GeraldFord
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2006, 10:19:55 AM »

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe Robert Plant and Jimmy Page should also re-record stairway w/ a chorus.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11:59 AM »

this is a demo version,and every man who have a litle expirience in music production will tell that

I have never seen so many tree
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2006, 11:29:27 AM »

Raven did tell SLCPUNK that WCCC would be getting the single this week...or rather, told SLC that his (Raven's) manager told him (Raven) they'd be getting the single this week.

From other posters comments, Raven told them the same thing.

While Raven is a nice guy, he does sometimes like to fuck with people and/or talk out of his ass (especially when he's trying to cover it).  I had talked to the musical director and program director (well, emailed and then talked) last Friday when this whole thing started and neither knew anything about a coming single.....of course, things could have changed by Sunday when SLC talked to Raven.  But, so far....nothing.

Thanks for clearing that up pilferk.  The last thing we need is misinformation setting us up deliberately for disappointment.... and wearing out patience thin.  I guess sometime soon is the word then and not this week.  Thanks. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2006, 11:33:09 AM »

The band SHOULD, the band NEEDS, bla bla bla... Same old shit.  crying

Maybe it's time for you to face the shocking truth (hihi hahaha, just kidding, remind me ARV Tongue).
I mean, you've been complaining way too much. Is it really the band that should make something out of it or maybe it's YOU who needs to move foward or accept it?

From what I heard on the H-D ad, Better final version will sound a lot like the demo, even the guitars. So, get over it, it will not happen the way you want to.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »

do you wanna bet with me,that you aren't right

i see guitar in better like in "locomotive" or "pretty tied up"

I have never seen so many tree
DemocracyRose
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2006, 02:35:38 PM »

I hope it's not the best track they have to offer...

We already know it isnt... Cool Wink
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »

umm...they have no clue if  its the first single"bettter" that is...basically the dj played better demo last wk b/c he likes the song...they got a call from universal and wont play it for now
Megaguns
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »

Its funny, I like this song alot, But there are so many people who have heard it and say "what is this shit?", "go and listen to some NIN or something" I do see their point, If this wasnt GnR id probably hate it too.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2006, 09:32:19 PM »

Apropo of nothing, if you look CD up on wikipedia and then click on the song better it will send you to a brief write up on the song which implies (some would say states) that CD is already out! hihi

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: