Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 42729 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: November 06, 2006, 10:20:16 PM »

TONIGHT'S GUNS N' ROSES SHOW IN PORTLAND, MAINE IS CANCELLED

Tonight's show at the Cumberland County Civic Center has been cancelled due to limitations imposed by local fire marshals.

A band spokesperson commented, "Axl and the band are very unhappy about not being able to play for the fans in Portland but have been advised after several meetings with local fire marshals Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan that they have made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve.

More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue. Our production manager and crew have been in this building with Clay Aiken and Green Day and none of the restrictions imposed on Guns N' Roses were experienced by those artists. It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out Guns N' Roses and the band's loyal fans. Following consultation with the band's manager, agent and promoter, it was felt that it was best to cancel the show. It is a regrettable decision, particularly at this late notice, but it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

We look forward to continuing the tour in Worcester on Wednesday."

**PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS CAN BE EXCHANGED AT THE DCU CENTER SHOW IN WORCESTER, MASS THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT - NOVEMBER 8TH. TICKETS WILL BE EXCHANGED FOR BEST AVAILABLE LOCATIONS AT THE DCU CENTER.

If you are unable to attend the Worcester show, refunds will be available at point of purchase.

Source(s): Sanctuary

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:19 PM »

already is a thread for this, dont you use your search button hihi

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:54 PM »

Heeeeeees back!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 10:23:51 PM »

From the PR, they imply they feel they were being singled out for being Guns N' Roses.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »

Good enough for me.  No love lost here.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »

there is always a legal paper saying why they cancelled thats signed by both partys or agreed to. If the statement is a lie. The "Venue" or Marshall company will call GNR's managment out on lieing in an offical statement. the reason statments take so long to post sometimes is because u gotta be VERY careful when telling the facts. The part where they inquired that GNR was being singled out was an opinion. But they were listing the cancellation reason as fact. and if its false. thats a HUGE no no.

Im not saying anyone is lieing about what they heard. But in person anyone can say whatever they feel to get you off there backs. But in a Offical relase NOPE.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 10:25:53 PM »

Search function, PLEASE.

I am going to give you negative karma!!! ?hihi

Just joking.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 10:28:18 PM »

that sucks for the folks that were supposed to see the show tonight.

sounds like those firemarshalls up in the northeast are being overly cautious since the Great White incident. ?why can't they (firemarshalls, etc) go over the plans ahead of time?

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 10:34:54 PM »

at least they've offered to let folks swap tix for the wednesday show. I know that may not be much consolation for the people in ME and northern VT and NH that didnt want to make the trek down this way, but its still better than a complete fuck-off.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

"**PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS CAN BE EXCHANGED AT THE DCU CENTER SHOW IN WORCESTER, MASS THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT - NOVEMBER 8TH. TICKETS WILL BE EXCHANGED FOR BEST AVAILABLE LOCATIONS AT THE DCU CENTER.

If you are unable to attend the Worcester show, refunds will be available at point of purchase."

Seems clear they haven't sold enough tickets in either Maine nor Worcester to warrant two full productions.? They are trying to consolidate.? The statement above indicates there is seemingly no risk of overlap, otherwise they wouldn't be able to honor all the Maine tickets.? This is a business move more than anything.?

As a for-profit entity, they do what they gotta do.

well, reports suggested that worcester was selling really well. i just dunno whats going on.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »

Legally the Sanctuary can't put out gross lies. So stop making it sound bad or something else.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 10:35:18 PM »

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN:

Whats the advantage of canceling the show hours before, because of low ticket sales??? I just dont buy it..... GNR gains nothing(they'd still have to pay for the venue for the night)... If that were the case theres NO WAY the PR would name the Fire Marshall, for something he was not involved with!!!
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 10:38:03 PM »

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN:

Whats the advantage of canceling the show hours before, because of low ticket sales??? I just dont buy it..... GNR gains nothing(they'd still have to pay for the venue for the night)... If that were the case theres NO WAY the PR would name the Fire Marshall, for something he was not involved with!!!

Well if there is a reason beyond their control (such as the one they are presenting with the fire marshal as the scapegoat) it is possible that one could consider this incident an accidental "loss".  Therefore, they could invoke their business interruption insurance policy.  Insurance would cover the expected returns from the show (or at least tie up the whole thing in an investigation for a while) and the band can try to consolidate sales in Worcester.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN:

I have no idea if that is what happened here, but I do know it is not unusual for musicians to cancel due to low ticket sales. Sometimes it's just simple due to ego.

The sales wouldn't be low if they'd release an album.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 10:38:21 PM »

How long before GNR pulls the press release lol Huh?

I had to say it ?Grin

Wake up. . . .time to die
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN:

GREAT POINT>>>> AXL HAS TO PAY THE BILL>>>> THIS MEANS THE FIRE MARSHAL STORY IS CORRECT BECAUSE AXL ISN'T GOING TO WASTE THE MONEY IF HE DOESN"T HAVE TOO>>>>
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 10:39:13 PM »

that sucks for the folks that were supposed to see the show tonight.

sounds like those firemarshalls up in the northeast are being overly cautious since the Great White incident. ?why can't they (firemarshalls, etc) go over the plans ahead of time?
Yeah, I don't really get it why at the last minute they decided certain aspects of the show couldn't go ahead?

And where did this rumour come from about the ticket sale? It doesn't seem to have any bases in facts, or to come from anyone reliable. Where we actually have an official press release stating the reason for the cancellation.
I don't know how I feel about it all.
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 10:40:45 PM »

Personally, I believe they should provide bus travel to and from Worchester, but seeing as there are 1000's of fans, this would get VERY costly. Easily 25-40 grand.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 10:41:17 PM »

it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

what harrassment / threats were anticipated?
Clau
Opening Act

Mar del Plata - Argentina

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »

::)At least already there is something official
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: