Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 42726 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 10:49:22 PM »

At least there were no riots, no one got hurt and there was an official statement.

But I do reccomend the Chinese Democracy frustration thread in Dead Horse. Its quite theraputic hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 10:58:51 PM »

it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

what harrassment / threats were anticipated?

That's what i was wondering. What does not having pyro have to do with fans being threatened?

You're threatening the quality of the experience of the fans by putting on a half-assed show.? The integrity of the show is imporant to maintain.. fans know that when GNR are on stage, it's a kickass experience to witness.? Anything less is unacceptable.? Don't misinterpret what their statement said.? It means what it means... don't take it at an elementary literary significance.

Dude, it says HARRASSED and THREATENED. They make it sound like GnR fans could've been in danger or something.

They've fed us so much BS in their press releases over the years it's hard to tell when they're telling the truth.
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 11:06:26 PM »

I thought Merck and GNR weren't with Sanctuary anymore.  This press release says its from Sanctuary.

Skol Vikings
fixintodie
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 11:06:50 PM »

already is a thread for this, dont you use your search button hihi

That joke just cost him a karma point? Huh?

aerynkelly
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 11:11:27 PM »

I have a question (cause I've not been in this situation before) - what happens if you go all the way to the show in Worcester, only to find that it's sold out, they can't fit anyone else in? You are just sol and have to go home?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 11:12:28 PM »

I have a question (cause I've not been in this situation before) - what happens if you go all the way to the show in Worcester, only to find that it's sold out, they can't fit anyone else in? You are just sol and have to go home?

Get a refund...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 11:14:16 PM »

Get a refund...Who is going to refund gas,air fair,time off.Some of us live check to check
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »

Get a refund...Who is going to refund gas,air fair,time off.Some of us live check to check

That's not what i'm saying. To avoid gas, time, ticket price, etc. ... just go ahead and get a refund. Don't bother going to Worcester.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »

Im talking about the fans who have already lost there ass on this tour
That's not what i'm saying. To avoid gas, time, ticket price, etc. ... just go ahead and get a refund. Don't bother going to Worcester.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 11:19:58 PM »

I love how the other thread needed to get removed because "Jarmo" has to make the announcement. Roll Eyes

I'm sure it was removed because of all the rampant speculation.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 11:20:42 PM »

it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

what harrassment / threats were anticipated?

That's what i was wondering. What does not having pyro have to do with fans being threatened?

You're threatening the quality of the experience of the fans by putting on a half-assed show.? The integrity of the show is imporant to maintain.. fans know that when GNR are on stage, it's a kickass experience to witness.? Anything less is unacceptable.? Don't misinterpret what their statement said.? It means what it means... don't take it at an elementary literary significance.

Dude, it says HARRASSED and THREATENED. They make it sound like GnR fans could've been in danger or something.

They've fed us so much BS in their press releases over the years it's hard to tell when they're telling the truth.

Okay... I can see that they say harrassed and threatened. ?You'll find in life that both words have various meanings. ?To one person, being harrassed requires a person to be raped in a dark alley somwehere. ?In an office setting, someone that constantly turns a coworkers chair around while they're in the bathroom can be considered harrassment. ?Poor example, but I don't think that explaining the difference is worthy of a substantial amount of my time. ?You can threaten anything, including the quality of an experience.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 11:22:32 PM »

Im talking about the fans who have already lost there ass on this tour

Sorry man. That is a damn shame.  Undecided

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 11:34:32 PM »

Why do I get the feeling the Town Officials just didn't want GNR there no
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 11:37:38 PM »

GNR pulled a classy move with their press release and by allowing tickets from the cancelled date to be accepted for the next gig.  beer

gnrevolution.com
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 11:39:29 PM »

I think they are doing a wonderful job of taking care of this the best they can.

I 100 percent expect them to be in Worchester, and I just bought more tickets for friends for MSG on Friday.

the band will be there.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 11:42:11 PM »

GNR pulled a classy move with their press release and by allowing tickets from the cancelled date to be accepted for the next gig.  beer

it smacks of desperation to me. and lends credibility to the conspiracy claims.

People like you are so sad.

It's pretty sad that so many people don't believe a thing GNR tells them, but they still stick around and "get abused."

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 11:44:39 PM »

I think they are doing a wonderful job of taking care of this the best they can.

I 100 percent expect them to be in Worchester, and I just bought more tickets for friends for MSG on Friday.

the band will be there.

They will absolutely play the garden.. if anything went wrong there, it would be career suicide for anyone.  It's always been about NY - Axl said so himself.  Can't wait to rock out there!

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2006, 11:45:17 PM »

GNR pulled a classy move with their press release and by allowing tickets from the cancelled date to be accepted for the next gig.? beer

it smacks of desperation to me. and lends credibility to the conspiracy claims.

People like you are so sad.

It's pretty sad that so many people don't believe a thing GNR tells them, but they still stick around and "get abused."

hey man, thats grossly unfair. i've been defending the offical reason for cancellation for the last 4 or 5 hours. but to accept that explanation fully is something that i think would be foolish to do - there is a history of bullshitting the fans with this band. you cant believe every single thing that comes out of axls mouth.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2006, 11:46:57 PM »

Most things don't come out of Axl's mouth

and most of the time, when they do come out of his mouth, they are true.

yes, though, i read the rest of your posts, and i apologize for being a little harsh on you personally.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2006, 11:51:44 PM »

Read the press release again until you realize who's fault it was.

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: