Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 42720 times)
Karri
Opening Act

Iltaa.

« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2006, 05:04:38 AM »

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

If you're really Beta (sorry, I've just seen so many Axl etc. imitators around), I'd just like to say that it is great to see you here. I think we all really appreciate this kind of direct communication. Thank you for everything you've done for this band and hope to see you all on tour next year.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:07:13 AM by Karri » Logged

You just kind of keep meshing, messing it, mushing it around, throwing it against the wall, beating it with a baseball bat, whatever, until it finally turns into the done song. - Tommy Stinson
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2006, 05:36:52 AM »

It really is Beta.

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2006, 07:25:09 AM »

how the fuck do you know this is beta. Anyone can make a name Beta01 and say its therm!

madagas
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2006, 07:31:15 AM »

Just lock this thread...seriously. It will never end. Angry
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:31 AM »

sigh.... if a mod is telling you that it is Beta genuinely - do you not think that he would know? for god's sake. Of course he would check this out before stating that. ?
Death Cube K
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2006, 07:51:11 AM »

What would make those who complain happy? Would going along with the show in question make you happy even though that the consequences would be so and so? Wouldnt you actually complain about THAT instead? If they had put on a half-assed show you would be all over it. There's no way GNR or any other will win you over because you will always find things to complain about. When Chinese Democracy eventually shows up you will start complaining about that too. Mark my words. I have no idea why you wanna base your interest about GNR on negativity. It's ok to be critical and suspicious but oh my god people, some of you are incredibly dumb.

There are always things to complain about....there's always ways and I suspect some of you really think Axl runs a conspiracy or something.

You guys are weird.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2006, 08:03:25 AM »

how the fuck do you know this is beta. Anyone can make a name Beta01 and say its therm!

Uuuuuuuum... Cause I'm a global moderator on this forum and I know things.

I know things and I got skills.

That's how the FUCK I know this is beta.

Now, back the FUCK off and believe her when she posts...

laxifer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2006, 09:40:46 AM »

I think it's interesting that the they decide not to play because they can't have their precious pyro technics...boo hoo crying  You're a fucking band, you play music...going to a concert is not about putting on this huge pyro show, it's about the band playing music...you do not need booze and pyro technic's to play music live...This goes to show that Axle, his management and promoter have no faith in Axle's musical talent...if they did, then the show would have gone on minus the pyro technics and the booze!  Of course they named names in the state fire marshal office...they want to deflect the attention to those people and not themselves because they KNOW that they still could have done the show if they really wanted to.

Hey Axle....why don't you go bite your own ASS!
Death Cube K
« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »

I think it's interesting that the they decide not to play because they can't have their precious pyro technics

I think you better re-read the statement posted.

This goes to show that Axle

It's spelled A-X-L, Einstein.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:51:06 AM by DCK » Logged
laxifer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »

I think it's interesting that the they decide not to play because they can't have their precious pyro technics

I think you better re-read the statement posted.

This goes to show that Axle

It's spelled A-X-L, Einstein.

DCK...That's what I shoved down your moms throat last night!
Death Cube K
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »

Oh you won't last long here. Have fun at school tomorrow junior.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

Judging by your first 2 posts are like that you won't be here for long.. Go read the rules if you wish to stay longer than a day.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
laxifer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2006, 11:06:15 AM »

Judging by your first 2 posts are like that you won't be here for long.. Go read the rules if you wish to stay longer than a day.

Whhhaaa my heart is really broken now.  Enjoy your powertrip while it last.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2006, 11:21:06 AM »

it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

what harrassment / threats were anticipated?

hi eva! Cheesy

There've been many reports about uncool securities, a smoking ban and other nuisances confronted fans at some venues.
this is from a NJ concert thread.

It was a standing room only up until first solo, everybody in seats were standing. Crowd was pumped big time, now as the night wore on the crowd including me were getting tired.

im glad you said this, here is my wonderful story about the show last night. spent the day tailgaiting and got in when papa roach went on stage. anyway gnr comes out and i thought it was pretty good. not the best i have seen, but still awesome. the highlight for me was dizzy playing lynyrd skynyrd "tuesdays gone" as his piano solo. but as richard and robin were playing beautiful,  some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t  to each other and i just turned around to watch the show. so the usher comes down and tells us to sit down and my friend says that is ridiculous, i paid $100 for this ticket and nowhere does it say i have to sit. then the cops drag him out, i follow him and when i ask what happened three cops elbow me, throw me down, handcuff me and spray me like 4 times with mace. i basically got thrown out of the concert for standing. it was horrible.. one funny thing, gnr were playing out ta get me when it happened. now i have to go to court for standing during a gnr show...

In talking about powertrip....Awful. Sorry to hear this.  no
This kind of harrassment / threats were anticipated, I guess.
more fans would have been treated this way at the portland venue.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2006, 11:27:44 AM »

it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

what harrassment / threats were anticipated?

hi eva! Cheesy

There've been many reports about uncool securities, a smoking ban and other nuisances confronted fans at some venues.
this is from a NJ concert thread.

It was a standing room only up until first solo, everybody in seats were standing. Crowd was pumped big time, now as the night wore on the crowd including me were getting tired.

im glad you said this, here is my wonderful story about the show last night. spent the day tailgaiting and got in when papa roach went on stage. anyway gnr comes out and i thought it was pretty good. not the best i have seen, but still awesome. the highlight for me was dizzy playing lynyrd skynyrd "tuesdays gone" as his piano solo. but as richard and robin were playing beautiful, some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t to each other and i just turned around to watch the show. so the usher comes down and tells us to sit down and my friend says that is ridiculous, i paid $100 for this ticket and nowhere does it say i have to sit. then the cops drag him out, i follow him and when i ask what happened three cops elbow me, throw me down, handcuff me and spray me like 4 times with mace. i basically got thrown out of the concert for standing. it was horrible.. one funny thing, gnr were playing out ta get me when it happened. now i have to go to court for standing during a gnr show...

In talking about powertrip....Awful. Sorry to hear this. no
This kind of harrassment / threats were anticipated, I guess.
more fans would have been treated this way at the portland venue.

This isn't really related but it reminded me of something that happend at the 3rd Hammerstein show.  I was right up front and everyone was trying to get pictures/video with their phones, and security was blocking and smacking people phones down.  This one guy was just in front of me and the security guard was getting pissed and finally grabbed the guy's phone from his hand.  Axl was right in front of us and saw the whole thing.  The guy looked up at Axl with an "Aren't you going to do something?" look and hoping Axl was gonna go all St. Louis on the security guard.  All Axl did was give this "You should have known better" smirk kinda laugh and shrug, then continued with the show.  It was pretty funny.  I'm pretty sure the guy got his phone back after the show.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2006, 11:33:19 AM »

Security has always been tough at GN'R concerts.

Just follow the rules. I know it's lame & conformist, but unless you want your $80 ticket to be washed down the drain, i'd comply.

Don't know what else to say...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »

Uuuuuuuum... Cause I'm a global moderator on this forum and I know things.

I know things and I got skills.

That's how the FUCK I know this is beta.

Now, back the FUCK off and believe her when she posts...

beer
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2006, 07:37:14 PM »

God damn....when this thread gets new posts and goes toward the top, at first glance I thought TONIGHTS, show was canceled as well....what a load off.....haha

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
laxifer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2006, 02:10:03 PM »

Guns N' Roses canceling a concert in Portland, Maine Monday, after being told they could not drink on stage. A spokesman for the Maine Public Safety Department stating the band had wanted to drink beer, wine and Jagermeister while performing but were informed it would violate state law. Apparently, GNR doesn't have even a little patience for teetotaling.

I'll say it again...AXL is fukin' loser!  I will never support Axl or GNR after this bullshit. 
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2006, 02:12:36 PM »

Guns N' Roses canceling a concert in Portland, Maine Monday, after being told they could not drink on stage. A spokesman for the Maine Public Safety Department stating the band had wanted to drink beer, wine and Jagermeister while performing but were informed it would violate state law. Apparently, GNR doesn't have even a little patience for teetotaling.

I'll say it again...AXL is fukin' loser!? I will never support Axl or GNR after this bullshit.?

I think it was the drinking amoung other things. I think the firemarshall was being a total dick to them, and threatening to arrest fans for smoking/drinking...get you facts straight first, dont just listen to what the press tell's you.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: