Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Opening Bands 2007
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening Bands 2007  (Read 48084 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »

oh ok, i was just saying, i really dont like tool, i say i hate them a lot, but i dont.  You have to say you hate Tool to combat the "Tool Army" that say theyre the greatest.  I dont think Tool is anywhere close to GNR and I dont understand all the huge praise they get.  I dont care for their music, or APC's, but for some reason a lot of intelligent music fans like them and theyre incredibly popular in rock today.  A very quiet popularity though.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2007, 07:16:37 PM »

Opening band? Velvet Revolver or Bon Jovi.  rofl

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2007, 07:22:06 PM »

The absolute perfect band to open for GNR in 07' is "The Rasmus". I can really picture some of the material on Chinese Democracy sounding like them.

Listen to "Shot" and "No Fear" and see if you agree.

www.myspace.com/therasmus

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
More Famous Than Almost
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2007, 01:19:06 AM »

I would not mind Bach again.

Embarrassed
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2007, 03:34:35 AM »

My first choice would be Buckcherry, lit up could have been a song off of Appetite IMO.  My next choice would be My Chemiclal Romace even though they are bigger than tool or slipnot.  I think MCR would have blended seamlessly with the Suicide Girls.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »

MUSE is too good... sorry. I love them, I wouldn't like to see 'em open for GN'R. They would steal the show. If you have even seen MUSE live... I'm sorry as much as I love GN'R... no comparison when it comes to a live show.

They should get Papa Roach again... since they suck @$$ so much... when GN'R come on stagethey will look like they are the greatest band ever!!! lol....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:39:59 AM by The_Wretched » Logged
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:50 AM »

oh ok, i was just saying, i really dont like tool, i say i hate them a lot, but i dont.? You have to say you hate Tool to combat the "Tool Army" that say theyre the greatest.? I dont think Tool is anywhere close to GNR and I dont understand all the huge praise they get.? I dont care for their music, or APC's, but for some reason a lot of intelligent music fans like them and theyre incredibly popular in rock today.? A very quiet popularity though.

I can think of 5 reasons off the top of my head why TOOL is amazing.

1) Originality. They created their own sound, not ripping off a scene or taking from someone else.

2) Imagery and metaphor. Yes, they have intelligent fans. People that can read between lines and seek deeper meaning.

3) Musicianship. They are all incredible musicians and collectively sound like an assault on your ears.

4) Voice. Maynard has an incredibly melodic and outstanding voice. His lyrics are amazing. Poetry.

5) Records. They put out records at least... unlike other bands I know.  Roll Eyes
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »

That would be badass if it were announced Adler's Appetite are opening for the Gunners.? ? ?beer

*bba*
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:44:39 AM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »

The absolute perfect band to open for GNR in 07' is "The Rasmus". I can really picture some of the material on Chinese Democracy sounding like them.

Listen to "Shot" and "No Fear" and see if you agree.

www.myspace.com/therasmus

I think they'd fit better opening for maybe Bon Jovi or something like that. Wink

HIM would be a better suited Finnish band I think.....

That would be badass if it were announced Adler's Appetite are opening for the Gunners.     beer

Lips Sealed

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2007, 01:41:03 PM »

hahah it will be adlers crew opening for guns n roses!
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2007, 03:50:16 PM »

S. Bach..  he is great and will aso have a new record
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2007, 04:09:29 PM »

I'm sure this won't happen, but it would be really cool if Izzy was the opener.  Maybe it'd get him a record deal for "Like a Dog".

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Stealthcamo
Headliner

This one's for you downloading mother fuckers.

« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »

Sebastian Bach?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

I would not mind Bach again.

Embarrassed

Serious?

I'm sure this won't happen, but it would be really cool if Izzy was the opener. Maybe it'd get him a record deal for "Like a Dog".

Now there's an idea I like ok
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:30:48 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2007, 05:47:03 PM »

oh ok, i was just saying, i really dont like tool, i say i hate them a lot, but i dont.? You have to say you hate Tool to combat the "Tool Army" that say theyre the greatest.? I dont think Tool is anywhere close to GNR and I dont understand all the huge praise they get.? I dont care for their music, or APC's, but for some reason a lot of intelligent music fans like them and theyre incredibly popular in rock today.? A very quiet popularity though.

I can think of 5 reasons off the top of my head why TOOL is amazing.
1) Originality. They created their own sound, not ripping off a scene or taking from someone else. -never heard of King Crimson, Nine Inch Nails or Meshuggah have you?

2) Imagery and metaphor. Yes, they have intelligent fans. People that can read between lines and seek deeper meaning. - haha, lyrics are sub par at best. imagery? I really dont think you know what the word imagery means.  Their songs are songs 15 year old teenagers who get kicked around listen to.  They have no understanding of poetic devices, their songs have one tone (life, god, people suck etc...).  There are so many better poetic bands.  Even bands in the same genre of appealing to the 15 year old with bad acne outdo Tool on lyrics.  I would take Manson's lyrics over tools at least he mixes up the tone of his songs every now and then.

3) Musicianship. They are all incredible musicians and collectively sound like an assault on your ears. - I really wonder what you must think of bands like Rush or Guns N' Roses, but youre right about the assault on the ears thing.

4) Voice. Maynard has an incredibly melodic and outstanding voice. His lyrics are amazing. Poetry. -lyrics again?  How about some lyrics that arent rhyming like negativity with pessimissity etc... Theyre childish, not fun,youll grow out of that stuff eventually.  His voice, i dont get it. How does Maynard get so much talk about his voice. Tim Christensen, Geoff Tate, or Mike Patton.  i could go on and on, but go check those guys out.

5) Records. They put out records at least... unlike other bands I know.? Roll Eyes- i would take AFD over everything Maynard's ever done.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2007, 01:42:21 AM »

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing these guys as one of the opening acts.? No, they don't sound like GNR, but I don't feel that an opening band should sound like the headliner.? I think it's nice to have a little musical diversity leading up to the main event.

Anyway, they're currently opening for Muse and I can't believe these guys haven't been signed to a label yet.? So, do yourself a favor and check them out.? However, be sure to listen to the songs all the way through, before passing judgment on them.? You never know... you might actually like them.

Immigrant:? http://www.myspace.com/immigrantmusic

nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2007, 05:47:17 AM »

The Wildhearts would make a great opening act .
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2007, 05:58:46 AM »

BACH  beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »

Sebastian Bach?

Interesting...

SEBASTIAN BACH: Japanese Tour Dates Announced - Mar. 16, 2007

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach has scheduled four headlining shows in Japan in June. The singer's current schedule is shaping up as follows:

June 01 - Nagoya, Japan @ Shimin-kaikan Chu Hall
June 02 - Osaka, Japan @ IMP Hall
June 04 - Tokyo, Japan @ C.C. Lemon Hall (Shibuya Kokaido)
June 05 - Tokyo, Japan @ Koseinenkin Kaikan
July 13 - Kvinesdal, Norway @ Kvinesdal Rockfestival

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

Well if GNR is really doing this Japanese tour thing and going on some tour, I think that pretty much settles it that Bach isnt going to be opening.  I dont think Bach would planning on going there in June if he was planning on playing there a month and a half earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: