Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 55410 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 09:19:01 PM »

It would be cool if they acknowledged that everything is going well, maybe it would settle down the Doom N Gloomers... 

Because some of you assume things aren't going well?

All the fucking time.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »

It would be cool if they acknowledged that everything is going well, maybe it would settle down the Doom N Gloomers... 

/jarmo

When have I ever said or assumed things are not going well?...
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »

Being on tour can be rough enough.

Any artist will tell you it's not the optimal thing to be on the road and finishing your new album.

It might work for something recorded for fun, like artists sometimes do ("The Spaghetti Incident?" is one example), but I don't think this album is one of those.

With that in mind, read what Axl said:

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

As soon as they have more news, we'll know.

All this speculation about what's going on and if they're already missed the tentative date is nothing more than uninformed speculation.

Now relax.? ok

/jarmo
if 10 years is not enough finishin a fuckin album ( its not the great wall of china for fucks sake) its not a 2 month tour that will make any difference....

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, there's a lot of negativity with regards to this album getting out.

I can sort of understand why but then I tell myself that Axl's only human and the album is just an album.

Albeit, probably the best fucking album ever made in human history!!! ok

Some people should just chill the fuck out and live their lives like Axl said to do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »

if 10 years is not enough finishin a fuckin album ( its not the great wall of china for fucks sake) its not a 2 month tour that will make any difference....

What do you know about it?

What is it that you know of the making of this album that makes you an expert on the matter?

Enlighten us please.

Personally I think it's the old case of "I think I know, and if I keep posting about it, others will think I know too and I'll feel important! I'll be somebody online!"

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 09:47:43 PM »

Im sure the next thing we will here from them is either the album has been turned in and probaly will release a single and a video for what they are gonna do OR they will say its delayed again.  I have a feeling there gonna go with my first idea.

P.S. I don't know anything its just my opinion

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »

Since none of us know anything, perhaps we should all stop talking about what we don't know.  When the time comes, we'll get official news.      beer
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »

/jarmo

remember november when you were saying the exactly the same thing about 2006 release?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »

remember november when you were saying the exactly the same thing about 2006 release?

Yes.

But now things are looking even brighter as far as I'm concerned.

So, since things are looking brighter, I should be negative because the 2006 release didn't happen?

/jarmo

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 10:06:12 PM »

Time to take a breath, I think.? HellHole's statement is a reasonable one - if an update came out about the progress, it would likely calm down / quiet the people around here who are always expecting the worst.? I can't say I agree, but it's reasonable enough.  He's not complaining himself, just seeing updates from the band as having a calming effect on negative or skeptical fans.

That said, I don't think the band owes anybody much of anything at this point in terms of a fan communication, and that Axl's last letter pretty much said all it needed to say.? Like I said before...relax.? The best is yet to come.?

Then again, if I were in control, I'd delete all these "when is the album coming out" threads...I'm axious enough as is.
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:30:06 PM »

What is it that you know of the making of this album that makes you an expert on the matter?

Enlighten us please

Personally I think it's the old case of "I think I know, and if I keep posting about it, others will think I know too and I'll feel important! I'll be somebody online!"

/jarmo
what do i know about it all?? nofuckinthing..i should admit. but i actually dont see anythin positive about this whole situation. he fired his manager;wich i dont give a fuck..he cancelled the end of the tour; wich reminds me some times ago..he seems so fuckin evasive in his letter; wich has been writin by beta probably( just kiddin but not really) i just dont feel the vibe but i hope from all my heart that im wrong. i dont want to get into that kind of talkinshit again but theres somethin you souldnt forget. we have all different opinions about it. some are negative, some are positive but we got all somethin in commun...you know what im talkin' about right?? i think you know...

ps: sorry for my poor english once again"""

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:35:18 PM »

Time to take a breath, I think.? HellHole's statement is a reasonable one - if an update came out about the progress, it would likely calm down / quiet the people around here who are always expecting the worst.? I can't say I agree, but it's reasonable enough.? He's not complaining himself, just seeing updates from the band as having a calming effect on negative or skeptical fans.

That said, I don't think the band owes anybody much of anything at this point in terms of a fan communication, and that Axl's last letter pretty much said all it needed to say.?

I agree. Why would Axl update us every step of the way? Don't you think he has better things to worry about than a few posters on Internet forums who read things so literally that today had to be the day to turn in the album or else March 6 is out the door?  What if he turns it in tomorrow or Friday or next Monday. A few days isn't gonna matter much. Get worried when it's a few weeks or months actually.

kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:26 PM »

ans i can take shit from you...i owe you more than you owe me... ok

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 10:38:32 PM »

i agree with bibbri i mean this isnt school your not gonna get 10 points off if the album was due on jan 9th and you hand it to the label on the 10th

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »

Enlighten us please

/jarmo
but i actually dont see anythin positive about this whole situation.

How about a:

-European Tour
-North American Tour
-Leaked Tracks From the album
-An open letter from axl telling us everything we need to know
-a tentative release date for the album

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 10:47:49 PM »

I think that some fans get scared when there isn't information coming out twice a week. It is the negativity that these fans produce, that feeds the asshole media. I not saying be good little drones...  I just dont understand why people have no patience. This isn't Taco Bell or some fast food thing...  I think what I am trying to say is that it might be good if something kind of mid point comes out to shut these morons up or something that says shut your fucking mouth and stop shitting your selfs when there is silence because everything is fine.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 10:48:24 PM »

I am really taking Axl at his word this time, If it doesnt come out March  6th I am actually confident we will at least get information.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 10:52:23 PM »

hey dudes....I was reading and was thinking do you  think it was because all the fans were getting negative so...like internet wise that he got to writing that letter ?Like he felt our fustration
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 10:52:54 PM »

the tour was a complete success. No doubt about it..but in regard of chinese democracy makin process and the leaks and the famous letter that i cant actually understand,( i must be a fuckin mongoloid) that seems so fucked up to me"!!the merk's letter makes more sense to me than axl' s.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »

hey dudes....I was reading and was thinking do you? think it was because all the fans were getting negative so...like internet wise that he got to writing that letter ?Like he felt our fustration

I think it was just because he knew he wasn't going to make the deadline he imposed on himself by saying in the media that it would be out before the end of the year. When we realized it wasn't happening too, we also got frustrated. The two things happened simultaneously. He was just correcting himself, and at the same time appeasing us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: