Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:25:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 53493 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: August 07, 2007, 02:24:33 AM »

PLEASE STOP THE G N' R INSANITY!!!!

Please stop the G&R insanity! Really, it is just stupid at this point!! I am getting emails from people about posts on message boards about things I did NOT say. How can anyone take all this so seriously? One guy asks me at the Manson show if I knew when the CD was coming out and I said no idea "maybe tomorrow, maybe never". Just small talk. I have NO INFO AT ALL and honestly don't care about it until it actually exists! I spoke to Bumblefoot who said the Asian tour was awesome, but he has no news either. It is crazy how things are completely taken out of context and blown up online. Really gets old after a while. I HAVE NO NEWS AT ALL, IF AND WHEN I DO I WILL LET YOU KNOW, BUT PLEASE STOP THIS DUMB SHIT AND OVER-REACTION!!!!

http://www.eddietrunk.com/blogarticle.php?columns_id=966

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:30:14 AM »

Well....there ya go. It's uhhh....pretty much what Jarmo's been saying to certain members for sometime now isn't it?
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:30:45 AM »

Well....there ya go.

Yep. The end of that disscussion..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:50:07 AM »

Welcome to the GNR fan community Eddie Trunk....  no

EDIT: I do wanna say though, thanks for setting the record clear on this one. We hardly ever get that. Thanks for taking the time to do so. =D

gnrevolution.com
MYWIFEMYLIFE
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 03:17:43 AM »

these fan sites are burning and they're outta control
,it's not a problem you can stop, it's rock n roll,
suck on that!  Smiley
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:29:02 AM »

Well....there ya go. It's uhhh....pretty much what Jarmo's been saying to certain members for sometime now isn't it?

Yes. The problem is that Jarmo has been doing that for like a very very looooong time, but some people just doesn't seem to get it.

Thank you Mr Trunk, at least this one rumor is now dead and burried.

Can't wait for the next one ... not ! (Borat style).

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:46:14 AM »

Eddie Trunk has had enough.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 04:50:45 AM »

people, we not to stop pissing eddie off. as we all know he's "high up in the gn'r world" and the more we annoy him requesting info, the more time it will take for cd to come out....
Death Cube K
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 05:55:25 AM »

What kind of morons keeps mailing this guy anyway?  hihi
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 05:58:14 AM »

people, we not to stop pissing eddie off. as we all know he's "high up in the gn'r world" and the more we annoy him requesting info, the more time it will take for cd to come out....

i don't think eddie's state of mind will affect the release of CD....

but thanks for clearing the air Eddie!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 07:09:14 AM »

You won't stop this from happening, if it wasn't Trunk's words being manipulated it would be somebody else's.
The dude gives himself to much credit.

Its simply because once again after all the hype concerning Guns being on tour again, causing fans to salivate in anticipation of a new record, there is nothingness. Its pretty simple to understand why the hate starts back up and the rumors regarding any release.

I'm not speculating on releases or motives or reasoning for Guns'N'Roses doing things the way they are as it may well be justified but I will say this, they pick shitty times to tour if they are not able to use the forward momentum to their advantage for whatever behind closed doors reasons.
Fans don't get sick of the band but they do get sick of rifting through the shit once message boards are over-run with hate and immaturity so they tend to bail on the 'community' therefore halting the perfect build up and promotion to Chinese Democracy....word of mouth through happy, 'involved' fans.
Consistency is all G'N'R require to succeed and its seems to be timetabling that is the only let down here.
You can't come and go, stop and start and expect your fans not to do the same, whatever your reasoning.
Hold off until you are sure, everyone of these jackasses is a sale, but whether or not their jackass friends buy the album could depend on Guns feeding us enough to word to spread. Seriously, it went from amazing shows last week to album not coming out ever this week.
No matter who is right and who is wrong it is damage, how significant can only be measured by how hungry Axl is I guess.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 07:14:06 AM »

You won't stop this from happening, if it wasn't Trunk's words being manipulated it would be somebody else's.

Its simply because once again after all the hype concerning Guns being on tour again, causing fans to salivate in anticipation of a new record, there is nothingness. Its pretty simple to understand why the hate starts back up and the rumors regarding any release.

I'm not speculating on releases or motives or reasoning for Guns'N'Roses doing things the way they are as it may well be justified but I will say this, they pick shitty times to tour if they are not able to use the forward momentum to their advantage for whatever behind closed doors reasons.
Fans don't get sick of the band but they do get sick of rifting through the shit once message boards are over-run with hate and immaturity so they tend to bail on the 'community' therefore halting the perfect build up and promotion to Chinese Democracy....word of mouth through happy, 'involved' fans.
Consistency is all G'N'R require to succeed and its seems to be timetabling that is the only let down here.
You can't come and go, stop and start and expect your fans not to do the same, whatever your reasoning.
Hold off until you are sure, everyone of these jackasses is a sale, but whether or not their jackass friends buy the album could depend on Guns feeding us enough to word to spread. Seriously, it went from amazing shows last week to album not coming out ever this week.
No matter who is right and who is wrong it is damage, how significant can only be measured by how hungry Axl is I guess.

well i think the underlying message here is, lets just wait for Axl to break the news.

everything else is just rumors and probably most likely bullshit.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 07:15:01 AM »

woah i'm schocked about this * no*
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 07:50:42 AM »

Um... no... the dude doesn't give himself too much credit. GNR "fans" that take what he said out of context and post it in GNR forums do. People who argue about it for days and days on those forums do. Also, people that bother him with a bunch of emails about it do.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 07:55:44 AM »

LOL.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »

So, the guy who posted the original message the other day and started all this shit. Ah, does he have anything he wants to say now.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 08:01:36 AM »

So, the guy who posted the original message the other day and started all this shit. Ah, does he have anything he wants to say now.
I don't think he really lied.  Maybe he twisted his words a little.  But he basically said that Eddie talked to Ron who had no knowledge on CD, check.  And he thought that CD might not come out, check.  Things just got blown out of proportion, as happens quite often in the GNR community.  He was just speaking off the cuff, interacting with a fan.  Now you wonder why so many people respond, "no comment".

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 08:07:15 AM »

if eddie trunk does not now when its happin,then theres nothin gonna happin for a long time.eddie trunk is very high up in the gnr world.he has been specially brought to rehersals,meets and talks to the band members constantly.trunk said he doesnt care about the album until its exists,thats very strange words coming from him.to me he has been a very big fan and has always had news on band members and the album.maybe he has even given up hope after talking to bumblefoot.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 08:15:39 AM »

if eddie trunk does not now when its happin,then theres nothin gonna happin for a long time.eddie trunk is very high up in the gnr world.he has been specially brought to rehersals,meets and talks to the band members constantly.trunk said he doesnt care about the album until its exists,thats very strange words coming from him.to me he has been a very big fan and has always had news on band members and the album.maybe he has even given up hope after talking to bumblefoot.
I really don't think he's that high up in the GNR world.  He's just another radio DJ who just happened to have Sebastian Bach on his show last year around the time of the Hammerstein shows.  Since Sebastian is friends with Axl he got him on the show.  Eddie is a fan of the band, but I'd hardly call him an insider.  NOBODY is an insider on Guns N' Roses, and that's the bottom line.  Even when you think you have it all figured out, you really don't.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 08:16:53 AM »

Well that should stop that silly dude who bumped in to this Trunk fella, who dresses like Axl did 20 years ago starting a storm over nothing, which is what a lot of people do when it comes to GnR!! Fair play on Eddie Trunk for stating this!

Mike

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: