Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 53500 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

So, the guy who posted the original message the other day and started all this shit. Ah, does he have anything he wants to say now.
I don't think he really lied.? Maybe he twisted his words a little.? But he basically said that Eddie talked to Ron who had no knowledge on CD, check.? And he thought that CD might not come out, check.? Things just got blown out of proportion, as happens quite often in the GNR community.? He was just speaking off the cuff, interacting with a fan.? Now you wonder why so many people respond, "no comment".

you're exactly right. there was no rumor, just someone posting a comment that trunk made in passing.

not sure why so many people made more of this statement. but its clear that trunk was just giving his OPINION. no one was trying to report it as fact, or that trunk had any inside information. just that like many of us, he now believes it will never be released. ?

even if the original poster twisted trunk's words slightly, it was still perfectly clear that it was trunk's OPINION. and his opinion is as valuable as anyone else's on here.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »

if eddie trunk does not now when its happin,then theres nothin gonna happin for a long time.eddie trunk is very high up in the gnr world.he has been specially brought to rehersals,meets and talks to the band members constantly.trunk said he doesnt care about the album until its exists,thats very strange words coming from him.to me he has been a very big fan and has always had news on band members and the album.maybe he has even given up hope after talking to bumblefoot.

Christ, what basis is there for this?

If ANYTHING the Eddie Trunk posts should be indicative that we should NOT be over analysing shit and making assumptions.

Eddie didn't know BBF was in the band.  How high up the chain is he?

The whole thing's a fucking farce.  We have a band that gives JUST enough information to keep people interested, a CD that has become an huge enigma, and a fan base that attempts to over analyse things WAY beyond their collective ability.

"Hey Axl wore blue shoes yesterday.  That means Chi Dem comes out in November!!"

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 08:49:48 AM »

So, the guy who posted the original message the other day and started all this shit. Ah, does he have anything he wants to say now.
I don't think he really lied.? Maybe he twisted his words a little.? But he basically said that Eddie talked to Ron who had no knowledge on CD, check.? And he thought that CD might not come out, check.? Things just got blown out of proportion, as happens quite often in the GNR community.? He was just speaking off the cuff, interacting with a fan.? Now you wonder why so many people respond, "no comment".

you're exactly right. there was no rumor, just someone posting a comment that trunk made in passing.

not sure why so many people made more of this statement. but its clear that trunk was just giving his OPINION. no one was trying to report it as fact, or that trunk had any inside information. just that like many of us, he now believes it will never be released. ?

even if the original poster twisted trunk's words slightly, it was still perfectly clear that it was trunk's OPINION. and his opinion is as valuable as anyone else's on here.

You're right.  It was quite clear that it was an opinion.  It's a shame that there are so many that can't grasp difficult concepts like opinions and appearances.

What leaks??
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 09:56:11 AM »

if eddie trunk does not now when its happin,then theres nothin gonna happin for a long time.eddie trunk is very high up in the gnr world.he has been specially brought to rehersals,meets and talks to the band members constantly.trunk said he doesnt care about the album until its exists,thats very strange words coming from him.to me he has been a very big fan and has always had news on band members and the album.maybe he has even given up hope after talking to bumblefoot.
I really don't think he's that high up in the GNR world.  He's just another radio DJ who just happened to have Sebastian Bach on his show last year around the time of the Hammerstein shows.  Since Sebastian is friends with Axl he got him on the show.  Eddie is a fan of the band, but I'd hardly call him an insider.  NOBODY is an insider on Guns N' Roses, and that's the bottom line.  Even when you think you have it all figured out, you really don't.

maybe axls not even inside chinese dem, maybe its run by secret government officials  Shocked

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »

"Hey Axl wore blue shoes yesterday.  That means Chi Dem comes out in November!!"

No, no, no....blue was DECEMBER.  ORANGE was November.

Jeesh..

Smiley  Cool  rofl

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »

No, no, no....blue was DECEMBER.  ORANGE was November.

Jeesh..

Smiley  Cool  rofl
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl PRICELESS!
HAHAHAHA

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »

Personally, I think its getting a bit late in the year for the release of the album, or even another tour to be organized.

Therefore, the best thing I think the band can do is to continue handling the business and release arrangements surrounding the album for the remainder of the year, and start from scratch in 2008 with a brand new World Tour, and perhaps a brand new album in tow.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »

Personally, I think its getting a bit late in the year for the release of the album, or even another tour to be organized.

Therefore, the best thing I think the band can do is to continue handling the business and release arrangements surrounding the album for the remainder of the year, and start from scratch in 2008 with a brand new World Tour, and perhaps a brand new album in tow.

Go read page 278 on this message board - the topic is titled What's Next.  You'll see that we've been thinking/speculating/hoping for the same thing since '04. 

The only reason we're closer to a release is because it's 3 years later, but that's about it.  There's no rhyme or reason to anything with this band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 10:53:31 AM »

As far as I know, the albums coming out this year haven't even been announced yet.

So how can it be too late?

We don't know what the record companies are releasing in September, October, November or December yet.

It seems like they're taking a break right now. Lots of albums were released in the spring and summer until a few weeks ago. I guess they'll start releasing lots of new albums in September.

Even Billboard lists albums coming out during the first week of September, but nothing past that: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/releases/index.jsp

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »

"Hey Axl wore blue shoes yesterday.? That means Chi Dem comes out in November!!"

No, no, no....blue was DECEMBER.? ORANGE was November.

Jeesh..

Smiley? Cool? rofl

lol - my bad, sorry.  Smiley

What leaks??
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »

You won't stop this from happening, if it wasn't Trunk's words being manipulated it would be somebody else's.
The dude gives himself to much credit.

Its simply because once again after all the hype concerning Guns being on tour again, causing fans to salivate in anticipation of a new record, there is nothingness. Its pretty simple to understand why the hate starts back up and the rumors regarding any release.

I'm salivating, but i think it's mainly because I'm chewing a pen
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 11:23:24 AM »

I didnt start any rumors all I said is that Eddie Believes Its probably never coming out!!! thats all I said

This Is True He did say this to me, I have no reason to lie to you guys about this, its not even a big deal that he said it

I'm not one of these guys who start rumors, this isnt even a rumor, eddie just told me his opinion, whats the big deal?

I had ?no Idea that this topic whould be such a big deal

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

How many Tuesdays are left?

What leaks??
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »

How many Tuesdays are left?

20 i believe ok
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 11:32:09 AM »

As far as I know, the albums coming out this year haven't even been announced yet.

We don't know what the record companies are releasing in September, October, November or December yet.

It seems like they're taking a break right now. Lots of albums were released in the spring and summer until a few weeks ago. I guess they'll start releasing lots of new albums in September.

Even Billboard lists albums coming out during the first week of September, but nothing past that: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/releases/index.jsp

/jarmo

Foo Fighter's new album is a great example, release date announced a week ago, date Sept. 25th, this week we get the single and album art/pre-order on itunes. These things can happen quickly.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »

/jarmo

Well, if we take into account what Axl said regarding "2 months of proper promotion" for the album in his letter, then that takes us to the begining of October as far as a release date goes, Jarmo.

At the moment, there is no official single on the airwaves, no music video in rotation, etc.

The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time with their friends and family before they return to business arrangements, or work on the album.

Not to mention that it is still Summer time, so we can only fathom how many executives and managers at Universal are on holidays for the next several weeks, which could also contribute to work on the album being halted, if only temporarily.

For me, its just to quiet to get my hopes up for possible release sometime this Fall, Jarmo.

And as far as touring for the remainder of this year goes, unless the band has keep all their future dates underwraps, there isn't a peep about any upcoming shows out there right now, not to mention that its certainly to late in the year to hope for a multitude of venues to be vacant since concerts booked months ago are already scheduled to go down, as well as hockey and basketball seasons  starting in a few weeks.

In conclusion, and as I said in my original post, I think it would be best if the band didn't stress themselves out over a release this year, or a brand new tour this year, and instead just take their time with everything, and start from scratch in 'O8 with a World Tour in support of a brand new album ok
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:47:11 AM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »

/jarmo

Well, if we take into account what Axl said regarding "2 months of proper promotion" for the album in his letter, then that takes us to the begining of October as far as a release date goes, Jarmo.

At the moment, there is no official single on the airwaves, no music video in rotation, etc.

The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time with their friends and family before they return to business arrangements, or work on the album.

Not to mention that it is still Summer time, so we can only fathom how many executives and managers at Universal are on holidays for the next several weeks, which could also contribute to work on the album being halted, if only temporarily.

For me, its just to quiet to get my hopes up for possible release sometime this Fall, Jarmo.

And as far as touring for the remainder of this year goes, unless the band has keep all their future dates underwraps, there isn't a peep about any upcoming shows out there right now, not to mention that its certainly to late in the year to hope for a multitude of venues to be vacant since concerts booked months ago are already scheduled to go down, as well as hockey and basketball seasons? starting in a few weeks.

In conclusion, and as I said in my original post, I think it would be best if the band didn't stress themselves out over a release this year, or a brand new tour this year, and instead just take their time with everything, and start from scratch in 'O8 with a World Tour in support of a brand new album ok

Wow, that sure is alot of assumptions.

this is my favorite...

"The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time"

Are you really sure it goes without saying, I know I'm not so sure.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 11:49:08 AM »

This?

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company.

Nothing about promotion there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:12 AM »

Well, if we take into account what Axl said regarding "2 months of proper promotion" for the album in his letter,

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company

The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the ?13 Tuesdays left? and ?It may just appear in your record store? approach offered by management

he never said 2 months of promotion ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 11:52:19 AM »

This?

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company.

Nothing about promotion there.

/jarmo

And what do you think the record company is going to do once they've received the finished album?

Sit on it?

Twiddle their thumbs?

No, of course not.

They're going to promote it.

That is, afterall, how they incite people to purchase albums, let alone, virtually any product.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:53:59 AM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: