Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:03:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy HTGTH member reviews
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy HTGTH member reviews  (Read 52187 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »

to my knowledge, the muses are goddesses. They bless GNR.
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »

i really appreciated chinese democracy. i like it a lot.
the sound is different from the past, chinese is different from AFD and illusions, but i can honestly say i prefer chinese to the illusions, where i believe not all the songs are at the same level. At 360 ?, i really prefer chinese to the illusions.
 i like the sound of the band, and i'm sorry bucket left.
my trial is influenced by love for buckethead...  and this is certainly a good starting point of axl who chooses BH. the work of bucket is awesome, inspired. and it binds well with axl's voice.
 axl's voice is different from the past: in some ways in my opinion he's even better, technically speaking.
and, differently from what i read from some people, when i listen chinese i don't taste a solo album, an album "one man made". it is a "band album", and in the tracks i really feel the link of the guys who play. i don't feel axl involved in the band, i feel the whole band involved. and i'm really happy of that.  i like the orchestral parts too. epic. simply epic.

in particular, twat and sorry are my fav songs, these two are really great. probably in the top five list of the gnr songs ever, for me.
the only part of the album i don't like is the solo guitar on shackler's revenge. too much messy. and , differently by the leaks who i found on the web, i really was amazed by bumblefoot solo on Catcher in the rye.it's a pity there isn't the solo of brian may, but i understand why the band has chosen in this way, and i like.  i would never have thought bumblefoot could play a solo beautiful like brian may's. two different style, obviously, but really good.
hoping to listen all the songs live, as i said before, my only disappointment is buckethead left, and i don't believe another guy can play the solo in twat like i could do. really a pity.

Bring Back Buck
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »

i don't believe another guy can play the solo in twat like i could do. really a pity.

Hi Bucket hihi

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »

freud would say i'd like being bucket. of course i'd like to...  hihi hihi

well, i won't edit my post, it's pretty funny in this way  Grin

Bring Back Buck
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »

post yours then. in the nice boys section, of course.
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »

if you referring to me, we have not understood. i don't play guitar, i wanna say "he could", but my finger pushes " i "  hihi
it's a freudian lapsus (right?)  peace

Bring Back Buck
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »

if you referring to me, we have not understood. i don't play guitar, i wanna say "he could", but my finger pushes " i "  hihi
it's a freudian lapsus (right?)  peace

haha ok then. i'd like to as well
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »

Well, it certainly is a very confident statement lol

Edit:

You didn't just press "i" instead of "he", you actually wrote "i do" instead of "he does", so I'm guessing that your mind was dreaming while you wrote that
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:36:22 AM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »

Well, it certainly is a very confident statement lol

Edit:

You didn't just press "i" instead of "he", you actually wrote "i do" instead of "he does", so I'm guessing that your mind was dreaming while you wrote that

i wrote "i could do" instead  of "he could do". only " i " is wrong. there's "could"   Grin

anyway, "bring back bucket!!"

hihi

PS: i forgot to say a thing: i totally LOVE how axl says "but i don't want to do it". he reminds me Apu of simpsons  hihi

Bring Back Buck
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »

People feel free to FLOOD Kayla (on Sirius/XM) with e-mails with your reviews of Chinese Democracy.  Maybe not as in depth as some of the ones on here, but let her know you love it and how good it is.  She just played "Shackler's Revenge" and she intro'd it by saying everyone she talks to either says the CD is alright or it's a big disappointment.  She went on to say Axl changed his hair and his musical tastes and he screwed it all up.  She always says she'd love feedback, so let's go ahead and give it to her.  Let's show her how good the album really is.

e-mail is as follows

kayla@sirius-radio.com

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2008, 11:16:09 PM »

so let's go ahead and give it to her. 

Yeah!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2008, 12:43:41 AM »

I e-mailed her this: "I?ve heard ya on Sirius and just wanted to say?give Chinese Democracy a chance. The music is great ? not exactly vintage GNR but it?s not 1987 ( or 1991) anymore. It is being promoted horribly ( what promotion? ) but it is really good and no one is putting out stuff like this anymore?"

I got an auto response " We are currently experiencing high email volume.   Please note that a
response to your question may take a little longer than it normally would, but one of our Customer Care Associates will get back to you as soon as possible."

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2008, 01:05:54 AM »

I e-mailed her this: "I?ve heard ya on Sirius and just wanted to say?give Chinese Democracy a chance. The music is great ? not exactly vintage GNR but it?s not 1987 ( or 1991) anymore. It is being promoted horribly ( what promotion? ) but it is really good and no one is putting out stuff like this anymore?"

I got an auto response " We are currently experiencing high email volume.   Please note that a
response to your question may take a little longer than it normally would, but one of our Customer Care Associates will get back to you as soon as possible."

Nice, looks like she may have some reading to do.  I sent her an e-mail shortly after I made that post and didn't get that message.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlRulesGnR
Opening Act

« Reply #253 on: December 24, 2008, 12:15:12 AM »

I love Chinese Democracy.  Love it.

But . . .

1) What's with the messed up guitar sound at the end of "Better".  The last 20 seconds sound distorted, is it actually supposed to sound like that ?

2) The singing of the word "Prostitute".  It would be a perfect track if he'd just sing the word right.

Other than that the CD is as good as I'd hoped it would be.  Anyone have a clue about why those two things are the way the way they are ?
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: December 24, 2008, 12:53:51 AM »

Errr, that's just how Axl wanted the songs to be. it's just music man, if every word of every song was sung clearly and perfectly... wouldn't that be kind of boring?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #255 on: December 24, 2008, 01:49:14 AM »

Dude I don't know what the fuck your problem is with Better. That shit is brilliant. I never once had the thought that the guitars were fucked on any of the countless times I have heard this track.

But I will give you the "Prostitute" beef. I really really love this song. It kind of bugs me a little that you really can't clearly tell Axl is saying the word "Prostitute" unless you are like one of us geeks and/or read the booklet. It is such a great line too. But its brilliance will go unnoticed for many unfortunately.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AxlRulesGnR
Opening Act

« Reply #256 on: December 24, 2008, 01:54:48 AM »

I guess it's just me but the last 20 seconds of Better are so messed up it's barely listenable for me Sad
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2008, 02:03:44 AM »

I guess it's just me but the last 20 seconds of Better are so messed up it's barely listenable for me Sad
What's done is done move on.  It's Axl's vision not yours  - you either like it or you don't.

Life is really that simple when it comes to music. yes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #258 on: December 24, 2008, 02:19:40 AM »

It's not a flaw if it is intentional. It comes down to opinion and perception.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #259 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:16 AM »

Barely listenable? Barely listenable? Are you fucking pulling our chain dude?  Shocked  Its just the pendulum swinging back around playing off the sound of the intro. Its full circle. But its also closure hence why it isn't exactly the same. See its shit like this that makes me fucking dig the fuck out of Axl. He is a visionary, and this type of display is all over the album. Maybe someone would like to create a topic because this is some fertile ground for us to cover. Dude do not speak of this again. I respect you so I am giving you this free advice here. Yikes.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: