Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel live
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel live  (Read 77412 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »

I was happy to see Axl getting out there again. He looked good and happy and in good spirits. I think Kimmel is great, but thought the interview was a little too cheesy and that he was not really prepared with any good questions. I am glad Kimmel stayed away from the old GNR questions, but I would have liked to hear some stories from the road from the last few years. There must be some great stories to tell, maybe talk a little bit more about the Vegas shows, talk about all the jewelry he wears, if he has a girlfriend, ever wants to have kids, etc. I felt Kimmel was stuck on the being late thing and was nervous to ask anything that may annoy Axl. I hope Axl had a good time and does more of these types of interviews, because his fans really want to see more of him. I would love to see him host and play Saturday Night Live one day.
In Kimmel's defense, the guests usually set the tone for the direction of the interview.  They are pre interviewed by the staff to find out what they want to talk about.  So my guess is, Axl said what he wanted to say, for the most part.  That's just the way these late night talk shows operate.  If Axl really wants to open up and let loose, an arena like The Howard Stern Show would be more appropriate.  There he'd have free reign to talk about everything under the sun for an hour plus.  Going on Kimmel was the safe choice to promote the upcoming shows, himself, and the band.  Overall, mission accomplished.  ok

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »

I was happy to see Axl getting out there again. He looked good and happy and in good spirits. I think Kimmel is great, but thought the interview was a little too cheesy and that he was not really prepared with any good questions. I am glad Kimmel stayed away from the old GNR questions, but I would have liked to hear some stories from the road from the last few years. There must be some great stories to tell, maybe talk a little bit more about the Vegas shows, talk about all the jewelry he wears, if he has a girlfriend, ever wants to have kids, etc. I felt Kimmel was stuck on the being late thing and was nervous to ask anything that may annoy Axl. I hope Axl had a good time and does more of these types of interviews, because his fans really want to see more of him. I would love to see him host and play Saturday Night Live one day.
In Kimmel's defense, the guests usually set the tone for the direction of the interview.  They are pre interviewed by the staff to find out what they want to talk about.  So my guess is, Axl said what he wanted to say, for the most part.  That's just the way these late night talk shows operate.  If Axl really wants to open up and let loose, an arena like The Howard Stern Show would be more appropriate.  There he'd have free reign to talk about everything under the sun for an hour plus.  Going on Kimmel was the safe choice to promote the upcoming shows, himself, and the band.  Overall, mission accomplished.  ok

As much as I like Stern I don't think that would be a good interview for Axl. Slash was on Stern back in May and then went on Opie and Anthony right afterward. O&A mentioned when he left that he was very upset about the Stern interview and all the old Guns questions. So I imagine it really wouldn't go over well with Axl.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

It was cool to see Axl get such a warm response.  I don't really care for Kimmel, but overall, I enjoyed it.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »

As much as I like Stern I don't think that would be a good interview for Axl. Slash was on Stern back in May and then went on Opie and Anthony right afterward. O&A mentioned when he left that he was very upset about the Stern interview and all the old Guns questions. So I imagine it really wouldn't go over well with Axl.

Of course O&A would say that when it comes to Howard.

Axl knows what kind of show Howard does, if he's going on there, it's because he's ready for anything to be asked, and Howard doesn't have guests on the show that want to know questions ahead of time. If he says "no Slash questions", Howard will respect his wishes. If Slash had said "no Axl questions", same would've happened.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »

Axl knows what kind of show Howard does, if he's going on there, it's because he's ready for anything to be asked, and Howard doesn't have guests on the show that want to know questions ahead of time. If he says "no Slash questions", Howard will respect his wishes. If Slash had said "no Axl questions", same would've happened.

Yes, but I also don't think Howard pays much to attention to these suggestions guests put forward about what to ask and not ask. We read some of Slash's in one of these threads. Yes, Slash should have expected it. But I'm saying Axl should avoid the Stern show unless he wants a lot of discussion about old Guns and why they're not together. Stern isn't avoiding that subject no matter what.

Anyway, back on topic. I've watched the Kimmel interview 3 times now and it's still great. Thanks Axl  ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »

Love the Howard Stern show, but I don't think it would be much of an interview due to Sterns lack of GN'R knowledge..I'm sure he knows the hits but I often cringe when he brings up a band and knows very little about them...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

I remember Axl used to have a deep deep bass voice. Does he change it on purpose?

Are you serious? After this, that's what you have to say? WTF.
it was just a question relax. The interview was fun. It was just an observation.  I've been following Axl for 23 years and his voice sounded different to me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:57:29 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »

I hope Axl decides to not leave it too long before doing another TV appearence like this, it's perfect promotion for GN'R. The audiences reaction on Kimmel was amazing, and something I've never really seen on a talk show.

"What the world needs now is Axl Rose"

ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

Yes, but I also don't think Howard pays much to attention to these suggestions guests put forward about what to ask and not ask. We read some of Slash's in one of these threads. Yes, Slash should have expected it. But I'm saying Axl should avoid the Stern show unless he wants a lot of discussion about old Guns and why they're not together. Stern isn't avoiding that subject no matter what.

Anyway, back on topic. I've watched the Kimmel interview 3 times now and it's still great. Thanks Axl  ok
Oh I agree, as much as I love Stern and would love to hear Axl interviewed by him, I don't think it would be a good idea UNLESS he wanted to let loose about the past.  Since that doesn't seem to be a priority right now, shows like Kimmel work better for him.  Howard has said though, he'd give Axl free reign to talk about whatever he wanted if he ever came on the show.  And Gary said he had been in touch with his publicist, but at the time he wasn't interested in doing press.  Howard told him to keep working on it.  He's fascinated by Axl, in more ways than one.  But obviously, the majority of the interview would be about Slash.  At least, that's where Howard would try to steer it.  And he's the best when it comes to getting guests to talk about things they don't want to talk about.

For now, these lighthearted interviews serve the purpose.  Shows the man is human.  He's not the evil prick people make him out to be.  A little goodwill can go a long way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »

The interview was fun. It was just an observation.  I've been following Axl for 23 years and his voice sounded different to me.

It would have been nice if you'd mentioned that the first time! Another thread where someone says something insane in an otherwise positive environment.

I've been on this board for 11 years, and Axl doing this is different to me! (See I can bust out dates too)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2012, 03:13:50 AM »

it was just a question relax. The interview was fun. It was just an observation.  I've been following Axl for 23 years and his voice sounded different to me.

Actually, if you listen to old shows you will hear he often has a high non-bass voice.

If anything, his voice should go a little bit lower with age.

The high voice at Kimmel is a result of his light mood I presume. He seems very relaxed and happy, while in some of the old talks he is much more consentrated, focused and has a darker mood which change the voice.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2012, 03:16:29 AM »

josh freese posted on twitter.

Hey axlrose. Guess who else has a Halloween tree? My mom! http://instagram.com/p/RRhl42KE2b/

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2012, 06:22:21 AM »

It is not the way it went with Axl. The Kimmel staff never spoke with Axl. They were told by me that they could ask whatever they felt it was appropriated. Axl did not want to choose or avoid any issue. Kimmel asked whatever he wanted to ask. His interview was live, so, no editing or retaping. Axl did have a great time. Thank you for watching.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »

Awesome beta, thanks for sharing  Smiley
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »

Axl looked happy and relaxed, He also seemed to be very happy when he announced the names of the band and they all got a big cheer! That made him happy I think. Only one thing I wish was asked and that's a simple, "Any plans for new material in the future?" but great interview, and nice to see Axl in good spirits! ok
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »

It is not the way it went with Axl. The Kimmel staff never spoke with Axl. They were told by me that they could ask whatever they felt it was appropriated. Axl did not want to choose or avoid any issue. Kimmel asked whatever he wanted to ask. His interview was live, so, no editing or retaping. Axl did have a great time. Thank you for watching.

Beta, Have you guys considered doing Howard Stern? Would Axl consider doing his show?

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »

Mom Kick Ass

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »

One of my favourite parts of the interview is when Axl is explaining the childrens reaction to his Halloween tree. And when he says the line "What you haven't got a Halloween tree?", it cracks me up everytime!!!... Axl looks so funny when saying it.  rofl

Axl rocks... ok
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »

Totally agree! The look on his face while he was telling that story was priceless.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »

Smiley I wonder how many people are going to have Halloween Trees now. I think he started a new trend, haha. Smiley

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: