Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 49006 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »

Do you honestly think he won't cause drama over having to share the stage with Dizzy, Chris, Richard and especially Frank??

To be honest, I think he will fall in line if given the opportunity to play on the same stage as Axl, Slash and Duff again.

What he says on a radio show or some interview is one thing, but if he actually is given the chance to play big shows again I think he will shut up and take what's offered.

I agree with this. I think he definitely will shut up and take whats offered.  Now, how long that lasts is another thing.  He should do himself a favor and have a "no media" policy, because I am 100% confident him doing any media is a bad idea.
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »

WOW!!!  seriously?  I'd say the biggest liability is Axl.  Riots,  storming off stage, throwing baby fits to own the name,  all the late starts,  throwing Slash fans out, and YES he did play with a bunch of mostly unheard of scabs.  while still calling it Guns.  And as far as the drinking, drugs and women.  That's what Appetite was all about.  The rock and roll lifestyle.  It was REAL.  What fucking planet are you guys from?  They were kids who grew up in excess, made an epic album about it, and lived the life we could only dream of.  This is THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS BAND for a reason.  

and bitching about his hair?  yeah Axl's cornrows, hockey jerseys, and molester moustache was SO much cooler.  Being stuck in the 90's?  Obviously a lot of us are.  They haven't been relevant to anyone but die-hards since.  

Get off the guy.  I hope this isn't the support you would show for your mom, dad, brother, uncle, friend or whoever.  I'm happy that he is finally a recovering addict.  And he's the one that thinks they owe it all to the fans.  Most of them don't give two shits what we deserve or think of them.  To me he seems to be the most genuine one of the bunch.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »

WOW!!!  seriously?  I'd say the biggest liability is Axl.  Riots,  storming off stage, throwing baby fits to own the name,  all the late starts,  throwing Slash fans out, and YES he did play with a bunch of mostly unheard of scabs.  while still calling it Guns.  And as far as the drinking, drugs and women.  That's what Appetite was all about.  The rock and roll lifestyle.  It was REAL.  What fucking planet are you guys from?  They were kids who grew up in excess, made an epic album about it, and lived the life we could only dream of.  This is THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS BAND for a reason.  
What year are you from?  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 07:08:11 PM »

I honestly don't care if he's in or out.

cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »

1978...lol.  I just don't get all the hate.  They were ALL a big part of my life.  Still are.  I've seen all incarnations of this band except the last one with DJ.  I don't post much but I've read every topic since 2001.  I know the story and all the shit that goes with it.  And I will be in Vegas opening night. beer
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »

I just don't get all the hate.
And I will be in Vegas opening night. beer
I think all the hate comes from the fear that Steven will be the cause of opening night also being closing night.  Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 07:24:21 PM »

Have to disagree here Adler has always been about the music.
He's he only guy in the band who would do the reunion for free
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »

I do get that to a point.  I'm just hoping for the best.  I really do believe the guy is sober now though.  And I know first hand you can kick the shit for good.  I hope he has finally won the battle.  I lost my wife, kids, job, and my home when I was using.  And I've been clean for 14 years.  It's hard not giving up on yourself when everyone around you already has.  The most important thing a person needs is SUPPORT. ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »

I think all the hate comes from the fear that Steven will be the cause of opening night also being closing night.  Undecided

There it is.  ok
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 07:35:45 PM »

Have to disagree here Adler has always been about the music.
He's he only guy in the band who would do the reunion for free
I don't think anyone here is questioning that.
The question is how he will react to a limited role if invited.

And I've been clean for 14 years.  
Congrats! That is awesome and I mean that sincerely.  Smiley

aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »

Who is this person you speak of? Interesting dude nonetheless.
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 07:56:45 PM »

That's also my point.

I don't judge "the person", but as a drummer... I don't see him as an important piece. He wrote nothing and, for me, GN'R is so much more than just AFD, which isn't even my favourite album. He makes no difference.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »

Do we really want a guy onstage with Richard, Frank and Pitman who said this:
?Axl will probably want to play [the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame] with his hack band ? his band of hacks. ?Axl and His Hacks? ? it shouldn?t even be Guns N? Roses. He?s just driving that name into the freakin? ground.?

Or this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORQBIE7PrE

You really wanna bring that this joke and trainwreck of a "human being" into this band?

We have Slash the Cancer on stage with Axl...so what?
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 08:10:22 PM »

That's also my point.

I don't judge "the person", but as a drummer... I don't see him as an important piece. He wrote nothing and, for me, GN'R is so much more than just AFD, which isn't even my favourite album. He makes no difference.

Again, the fear is this scenario:  Plan is show opens with the AFD5 playing WTTJ then Izzy & Steven exit the stage for GNR2016's rendition of CD.  Steven refuses to relinquish the stage to Frank.  Steven needs to be forcibly removed.

Care now?  Because we all fear this scenario is a very real possibility.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 08:17:11 PM »

That's also my point.

Again, the fear is this scenario:  Plan is show opens with the AFD5 playing WTTJ then Izzy & Steven exit the stage for GNR2016's rendition of CD.  Steven refuses to relinquish the stage to Frank.  Steven needs to be forcibly removed.

That's a little extreme...

Steve had no problem leaving the kit to Matt during the RRHOF performance.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 08:57:28 PM »

That's also my point.

Hmmm... nah. Don't see it happening.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 09:49:38 PM »

That's also my point.

That's a little extreme...

Steve had no problem leaving the kit to Matt during the RRHOF performance.
Actually Matt Started and Steven finished, so while a technicality it is a totally different circumstance, I don't think Steven would have been willing to get up after SCOM and let Matt play Paradise City.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 09:54:41 PM »

To be honest, Steven is the only past member of GN'R I dislike. Yeah, he played some cool drumming parts on AFD. But for me, he's a relic. A living, breathing wax statue perpetually stuck mentally in April, 1990. He's childish, bitter, petty, demanding and he's just...With his Sarah Connor-style perm, even now in 2015, he would've really dated GN'R's image even more in the '90s, made them truly a subject of ridicule for the grunge bands and their fans. The guy is like the living embodiment of everything that was tacky and gross about the L.A. hair metal scene. GN'R were never a hair metal band - and they were a better band after Steven left. I know he'll probably play some songs on the tour, but I wish he was far away from Guns. For me, his biggest contribution to the world was the hilarity he helped create on Celebrity Rehab.

I agree. Plus he's probably so frazzled on drugs he can't play worth a crap anyway.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »

I actually would love to see Sarah Connor on drums.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 10:10:33 PM »

I agree with this -

can you imagine what sort of legal stipulations his appearing would include and what sort of insurance-guarantee would be required for his appearance?

I'm really hesitant to believe he is sober, he has made that claim more than a few times before.

I wouldn't be upset at all if he were excluded, he has given people abundant reason not to include him IMO.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:12:09 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: