Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 89730 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:09 PM »

^ the main worry was that he would break down--he is small and fragile--and would not be able to finish the contract.
You have to admit, Cuban made a huge huge mistake in letting Nash go.

Absolutely.  Even if he's useless at the end of the contract, he would still have trade value as an expiring contract.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 12:13:47 AM »

I can't believe Isiah Thomas just said he wasn't expecting to do anything for the trade deadline approaching.  What a piece of shit.  The guy has basically run this team into the ground and morale in the Knicks camp is non-existant.  It's time to ditch Marbury and work towards building a winning team.  If Isiah survives this year with either one of his jobs, the Knicks deserve to rot at the bottom.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2008, 12:38:04 AM »

They lost by 40....  rofl

Awesome game between the Suns/Lakers!  Did you see the size of the bump on Raja Bell's head?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 08:39:55 AM »

Big Ben to the Cavs.. awesome yes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »

The strong get stronger...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

I really am a fan of what the GM's are doing this season....instead of wasting time with talented line-ups that will never win a championship these gm's are actually taking RISKS!! I love it....
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »

^Mavs lose again in a close one, first to Spurs a couple of nights ago, now to the Lakers today in OT. They mortgaged their future to win this year, but it is not looking good. They just don't have that killer instinct to finish games.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »

^Mavs lose again in a close one, first to Spurs a couple of nights ago, now to the Lakers today in OT. They mortgaged their future to win this year, but it is not looking good. They just don't have that killer instinct to finish games.

No my friend, they don't have the right coach to take them deep into the playoffs.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »

^You very well could be right. I am beginning to have my doubts.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 12:26:47 AM »

Quote from: russkwtx link=topic=48997.msg1049381#msg1049381 date=
^You very well could be right. I am beginning to have my doubts.

For sure dude.  They lost to the Heat.  I couldn't believe they isolated Wade.

And last years collapse against the Warriors.  I think AJ wasted the Mavs best years.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »

Avery is just a very bad coach. i am so fucking annoyed at him right now.

how can you leave the best pg of the last 10 years out of the game during the last 35 secs of a game?  confused

however the mavs didnt lose the finals because of him, they lost them because of the refs and their overprotective attitude towards DWade rant

i still hope this team can get it together and win it all the way this year peace

homo homini lupus...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »

wow! what a game that was tonight. MVP BABY  Grin Grin
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2245539&page=1
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 01:58:32 PM »

shaq's such a fucking class act yes hihi

I read gilbert arenas blog yesterday where he mentioned that everyone that ever played with shaq said that he's the nicest guy ever and best and all that, and gilbert thought it sucked that no one said that about him rofl

You just never know. It?s just a wonder. You hear stories like, ?Jordan was a bad, bad teammate? and I?m like, ?Well, you just had a bad experience with him maybe.?

Then you?ll hear stories about Shaq and every player he plays with is like, ?This is the greatest player in the world!?

I?m like, damn, I want to be the greatest player in the world. Come on over here and play with me and you can say I?m the greatest too.
hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »

The NBA Stinker of the year tonight:

Knicks vs Heat.

God....we could use that game to torture terrorists, and those suspected of being terrorists.  To hell with waterboarding!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

The NBA Stinker of the year tonight:

Knicks vs Heat.

God....we could use that game to torture terrorists, and those suspected of being terrorists.  To hell with waterboarding!

That would have been a great game....in 1997.  hihi

The Lakers are in the top seed again, and Bynum is getting ready to come back.

Life is good.  smoking
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »

Does anybody believe in the Celtics yet?  All I've heard all season is how the West is best and the Pistons are the top team in the East.  Even though the C's are 5 games ahead of the Pistons and have pretty much rolled most of the Western conference.  Now they've beaten the Spurs and Rockets (snapping the streak) in back to back nights without Ray Allen.  Anyone ready to admit that they're a pretty good team?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »

Does anybody believe in the Celtics yet?  All I've heard all season is how the West is best and the Pistons are the top team in the East.  Even though the C's are 5 games ahead of the Pistons and have pretty much rolled most of the Western conference.  Now they've beaten the Spurs and Rockets (snapping the streak) in back to back nights without Ray Allen.  Anyone ready to admit that they're a pretty good team?

TOO funny.

I was just coming to post the SAME thing.

Go Celts.

And what the rest of the league should be worried about is this:

If the Celts have home court through the WHOLE playoffs...EC and Finals....it is going to be a VERY bad thing for the rest of the league.  Their home record is second only to Utah's in the league.  I'm telling you, if the Celts have the leprechauns on their side for the playoffs, they are going to be TOUGH to beat for the title.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »

Another thing to consider.  I was watching ESPN First Take this morning.  By the way they STILL think the Pistons are better.  Anyhow, they brought up the fact of how difficult it is gonna be to come out of the West.  And with that being said, whoever does survive to face the C's/Pistons could be spent by then.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »

Another thing to consider.  I was watching ESPN First Take this morning.  By the way they STILL think the Pistons are better.  Anyhow, they brought up the fact of how difficult it is gonna be to come out of the West.  And with that being said, whoever does survive to face the C's/Pistons could be spent by then.

And both the C's and the Pistons should, ultimately, have an easier "ride" to the finals.  The Eastern Conference Championship might be tough, but I don't think anyone forsees the Celts having an issue with, say, ATLANTA in the first round.

I think those who insist Detroit is better than the C's are just haters.  C's have won the season series, have the better record both IN the eastern conference, and against western conference teams.  I'm not sure, when you look at their body of work, how you can conclude Detroit is better.  They're younger...more durable maybe, but not better. Not this year.

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: